Poll: Has the pre-patch changed your confidence with Legion?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    This pre-patch has been marred with many controversial changes and design decisions unlike any pre-patch before, including camera changes, pre-patch event reward nerfs, UI changes, class nerfs and retalenting just to name a few. Given how Blizzard has handled these situations, has your confidence in Blizzard increased, decreased or stayed the same as before?
    This pre-patch has been blessed with many exciting changes, and has been given a great deal of attention; resulting in many pro-active hotfix tweaks to improve the overall experience. So yeah, things seem promising.

Unchanged, which isn't a very good thing. They do some things right (storytelling in game continues to get better, considering the ancient platform this game is based on, invasions are, for the most part, decent) and some things wrong (this prune is even worse than the last one, and they've learned nothing about what a bad idea followers and missions are).

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting pretty good at detecting Styil-threads before clicking. I've got Jaylock-threads down for the most part.
    Jaylock takes anything and turns it into the greatest thing Blizzard could have done, dressing it in excitement and disregard for the opposite opinion.
    Styil takes anything and turns it into a question of Blizzard's philosophy, dressing it in doubt and disregard for for the opposite opinion.
    Delicious, high quality shitposting!

OT: It's gone up. They're clearly able to handle small adjustments more easily than before and as Dars said, this is hardly the most controversial prepatch to come in. It won't be taken into consideration, but I suggest bringing up some counterpoints to encourage readers to think and better understand where you're coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    because the WoW devs give zero fucks about any and all player feedback.
    Whatever the number is that they give, it's higher than zero. It was directly due to player feedback that they just hotfixed the stealthbar back onto Subtlety Rogues for Shadowdance.

As beta pve side of things is good to go, PvP side of things its horrible but better then wod, which really isn't saying much.

Better than 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Jaylock takes anything and turns it into the greatest thing Blizzard could have done, dressing it in excitement and disregard for the opposite opinion.
    Styil takes anything and turns it into a question of Blizzard's philosophy, dressing it in doubt and disregard for for the opposite opinion.
    Delicious, high quality shitposting!
    You're spot on with Jaylock, but this is the first time I've clicked on a Styil thread, so I'll have to take your word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Terror Earth View Post
    I still don't understand why classes got heavily revised in the prepatch since we can't use our artifacts when in the beta it was pretty obvious that some specs rely on it more than others.

Would have been better to give everyone beta access and leave the classes how they are until legion actually hit.
    Class tuning has nothing to do with Live. They are tuning based on Beta data.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdrone View Post
    I've lost confidence because I can't AFK-and-Netflix on my low level characters in Invasion zones for buckets of XP anymore.
    I believe I'm with you. I disagree with some their decisions and so I've lost confidence they are capable of doing anything correctly ever!

This patch is a reawakening for WoW. Finally some people with sense have taken over at Blizz HQ. From small long term bug fixes to fast reaction to player desire, the game feels much better than it ever has.

Based on alpha and beta testing Legion is a huge improvement to WoD. I still enjoy the game after 11 years of playing so I still have confidence in Blizzard.

Pros: Blizzard has hammered out a lot of the bugs, and has realistically been working on Legion full-time since they abandoned HFC 14 months ago. I am expecting a smooth launch unlike WoD.

Cons:Action Cam removed because R-tards don't know to use the UI...I'm not paying or playing until the action cam is put back in. The class prune and overhaul has made the classes bland and too dumbed down...but they will probably get better at max level with artifacts, but judging on the prepatch alone...its very stale.

Overall very polished and streamlined gameplay. ActionCam removal=no sale, try again blizzard.

I like the quick adjustments to the game they can now do. I like all specs on a toon being viable now without as much gear swap. That being said, the game got easier which I don't really agree a lot with. A few specs that were ok actually had things added. Needlessly at that. It would seem the class design and balance is a bit off, but I won't judge it super harshly until later into legion.

More confident.

80% of the changes made I feel were positive.

20% of the changes made I feel were negative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Pros: Blizzard has hammered out a lot of the bugs, and has realistically been working on Legion full-time since they abandoned HFC 14 months ago. I am expecting a smooth launch unlike WoD.

Cons:Action Cam removed because R-tards don't know to use the UI...I'm not paying or playing until the action cam is put back in. The class prune and overhaul has made the classes bland and too dumbed down...but they will probably get better at max level with artifacts, but judging on the prepatch alone...its very stale.

Overall very polished and streamlined gameplay. ActionCam removal=no sale, try again blizzard.
    It was removed because it was buggy and unfinished and turning on on players by itself, and given there's no menu options to turn it off yet, players were confused. It will be back when it's ready.

It should be fine as long as no one acts like they are having fun. Even if you are, don't say a word. The min. something is enjoyed by the player-base, Blizzard will nerf the hell out of it.

10+ Year Old Account

... There WAS NO UI for activating and deactivating Action cam you twit. The point wasn't that people turned it on by accident, it's that something in the code accidentally activated it and since there IS NOT ANY UI TO CONTROL IT, people couldn't turn it off even if they thought to check settings.

As for not playing until it's back... no one cares if you play or not. That you'd not play because a feature you never had before and that wasn't finished is not in live is so entitled that I hope you never come back. Good riddance.

On topic: No change. Some of this looks good, some looks bad and there's still a fair amount of WTF decisions being made - the XP nerf, for example. While I don't *care* that much, it should have been obvious that people would react badly... no one likes things being taken away, and since it's only relevant to the pre-patch... why bother?
    Last edited by clevin; 2016-08-17 at 04:40 PM.

In what way were classes more complicated to play before this prune? Obviously I haven't played all classes but the classes I've played since vanilla up until now are mage, warrior, priest, warlock, rogue, paladin and a druid. I can't remember any of them having a very complex play style. It usually boiled down to a 3-4 button rotation and sometimes even less. I remember scorching once with the glyph and just spamming fireballs in TBC pre the wotlk pre-patch and locks kept spamming shadow bolts.

I don't buy this crap about the game being too dumbed down than before. We only knew a lot less back then and now we have resources like Icy Veins etc.

Deleted
    This pre-patch has been marred with many controversial changes and design decisions unlike any pre-patch before, including camera changes, pre-patch event reward nerfs, UI changes, class nerfs and retalenting just to name a few. Given how Blizzard has handled these situations, has your confidence in Blizzard increased, decreased or stayed the same as before?

Personally I have lost a bit of confidence in Blizzard going forward. The way that they have handled many of the issues has been disconcerting, particularly the pre-patch event reward nerfs. I am afraid that this "knee-jerk reaction" development style will also plague Legion, especially now that they are able to release hotfixes much more frequently. And it will cause a lot of disruption, chaos and confusion. I hope that I am wrong.
    Oh look the dude made a crybabie post cause he doesnt see that there was no event nerv no that you can do MORE invasions now in the same time frame you could do before this week.

ps: yes wow is dyin....

Deleted
    This pre-patch has been marred with many controversial changes and design decisions unlike any pre-patch before
    Holy shit, what an overly dramatic post.
    It's a vydyja game, relax mate.