Thread: "Mog Shaming"

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    I find it even more bizarre when a mother does this
    How do you know they're mothers? Why does it matter if they're mothers? What does being a mother have anything to do w/ pixels on an avatar? What reality is it that these mothers should be anchored in--mom shorts?

I wasn't looking for validation. I've seen posts on here that don't agree with me but don't also simultaneously manage to make the poster bigger assholes than what they portray me as and I have no problem with that. Such is the nature of social interaction. Some of the shit that was said in here is beyond fucking ridiculous though.

Your little "snowflake" insult being the least of them.
    You, in fact, were EXACTLY looking for validation and trying to paint yourself as a paragon of taste in modesty in contrast to what you've decried as being common. In short, you are trying to stand out; y'know, being different and special. Much like a snowflake. If that bothers you, perhaps some self-reflection is in order.

Deleted
    im afraid any kind of moderate taste is drowning in these days slutmogs.

And i dont even mean that as in-game. In real life women dress skimpy AF. Gone are the days with dresses and full covered but pretty top parts.

Now it has to show cleavage, legs. a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    You're projecting an awful lot on to them there. You can't possibly know their motivations, you're just making random negative assumptions based on a bunch of made up preconceptions because you don't happen to like it.

Not looking for validation eh?
    I don't need validation. Me sitting here playing patty-cake with you is evidence enough of that. I'm clearly more than at home arguing and fighting with people that don't agree with me. Difference is I didn't jump off the rails from the get-go and start shredding into you with false accusations. There is several within this thread, as is, that I in fact applauded for disagreeing with me but for doing so in an intelligent manner.

...and I'm not projecting. Are you unable to pick up clues or hints concerning someone's behavior? You know when you've got what is likely a middle-aged woman, posting image after image of her scantily-clad Draenei, and she's all about the attention the guys are giving her... there's not much reaching going on there to assume she's doing it for her own gratification? Which, on her own terms, would be fine - disgusting or not to me. Using a community page though is what set me off to actually remark on it.

Even then I was dull-tongued and avoided being nasty despite my agitation which I am clearly showing above.

Are you sociopaths saying you message random people for the gear they wear or just joke around with your friends. Because if it's the former ... that is so sad that I can't imagine actually being that maladjusted.

This thread makes me want to get

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/transmogroulette

Quote Originally Posted by Taojnhy View Post
    You, in fact, were EXACTLY looking for validation and trying to paint yourself as a paragon of taste in modesty in contrast to what you've decried as being common. In short, you are trying to stand out; y'know, being different and special. Much like a snowflake. If that bothers you, perhaps some self-reflection is in order.
    There are plenty of people with standards of modesty. Thinking it somehow makes me unique is all on you.

It's just a game, let people dress their characters however they want to.
    I would love more slutty male options. Made a tauren called "Hotnbeefy" with that intent.... but eh, not many options at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    Anyone with a store helmet gets an automatic 0/10 from me. Very rarely does the rest of their getup even match.
    Why does it bother you if somebody likes their character enough to spend a little cash?

How about when the rest of their mog does match the helm?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xlBuR-oOw8U/hqdefault.jpg <-- uses an store helm and it's one of my favourites.

There are plenty of people with standards of modesty. Thinking it somehow makes me unique is all on you.
    Oh, lest you remain confused, I don't think you're unique at all; there are quite a few egocentric authoritarians who seek to impose their tastes and values on those who don't conform.

To clarify, I said that you are trying to stand out by trying to push against what you've said was "common". If you need me to quote you, I can do so, but I've given you the benefit of the doubt that you can recall what you've posted (hint: it's right there in the OP).

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    It's just a game, let people dress their characters however they want to.
    I would love more slutty male options. Made a tauren called "Hotnbeefy" with that intent.... but eh, not many options at all.
    There should definitely be more revealing options for female characters, and A LOT more options for males.

I want my big, beefy tauren to go au naturel, as the earth mother intended.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Oh, lest you remain confused, I don't think you're unique at all; there are quite a few egocentric authoritarians who seek to impose their tastes and values on those who don't conform.

To clarify, I said that you are trying to stand out by trying to push against what you've said was "common". If you need me to quote you, I can do so, but I've given you the benefit of the doubt that you can recall what you've posted (hint: it's right there in the OP).
    Being authoritarian implies I believe in using law to oppress people and their choices.

From the get-go, you failed spectacularly.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wear "slutmogs" and give exactly zero fucks whether someone likes it or not.

It's funny, you get triggered by skimpy mogs while I get triggered from people trying too hard to mog and looking like shit still. 98% of the mogs I've seen in game or on sites, even in this thread, are abysmal and make me shake my head. No you do not look cool because you can put on a full blue suit and match then with your shiny weapons...

At the end of the day who really cares though. I prefer just weapon mogs but if I were to choose between a slutmog and a shitty full blue/green/orange-whatever-mog I'd prefer everybody to run around in skimpy outfits. Atleast I know some of them are taking the piss for giggles. Everyone who goes for full mog outfits are putting in effort and still look like shite, that's disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I wear "slutmogs" and give exactly zero fucks whether someone likes it or not.
    Whatever floats your boat. I think it looks like shit and is a cry for sexual attention, 'nough said. See, we can get along! We can co-exist.

I mean, my opinion of it isn't going to drag you down now is it?

I dress my characters in gear that suits that character - but usually there's at least a little skin showing. I just simply don't like the full body armor, especially the leather and mail, as it simply looks tacky and pieced together and usually doesn't suit the class fantasy for me. Usually when I do show skin it's just some waist, maybe some cleavage, but there's always a clear theme to the armor that matches something about the class or the character.

However, if someone else wants to wear the skimpiest thing possible... more power to them? It's kind of like seeing paladins running around in T2, or priests in T5/6 - kind of boring and way too common, but if that's the extent of their imagination, why berate them for it? How would you like it if they started mocking you for wearing conservative armor? I bet you'd get offended, right? So why do you have the right to mock their style choices? Or I should say, you have the right, but you shouldn't expect clear validation for being a judgmental jerk.

Being authoritarian implies I believe in using law to oppress people and their choices.

From the get-go, you failed spectacularly.
    Not to derail this too far, but authoritarianism isn't exclusively limited to law. I can't help what implications you make.

Not to derail this too far, but authoritarianism isn't exclusively limited to law. I can't help what implications you make.
    My implications are simple. I don't like slutty looking shit. Maybe I should have just left my OP at that and then allowed people to infer what they wanted since they do anyway. Wouldn't be surprise to see a theory pop about how I approached the U.N. in an attempt to apply a ban specifically to WoW "slutmogs" in the argument that I wanted to save our "precious children" - even though I hate kids.

Geeeeet aaaaaa liiiiiiife!

Quote Originally Posted by Ainyan View Post
    I dress my characters in gear that suits that character - but usually there's at least a little skin showing. I just simply don't like the full body armor, especially the leather and mail, as it simply looks tacky and pieced together and usually doesn't suit the class fantasy for me. Usually when I do show skin it's just some waist, maybe some cleavage, but there's always a clear theme to the armor that matches something about the class or the character.

However, if someone else wants to wear the skimpiest thing possible... more power to them? It's kind of like seeing paladins running around in T2, or priests in T5/6 - kind of boring and way too common, but if that's the extent of their imagination, why berate them for it? How would you like it if they started mocking you for wearing conservative armor? I bet you'd get offended, right? So why do you have the right to mock their style choices? Or I should say, you have the right, but you shouldn't expect clear validation for being a judgmental jerk.
    No fucks would be given. There is only one person I would let sway me on that matter and that's because she is my sensei.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimnakh View Post
    Geeeeet aaaaaa liiiiiiife!
    After you my little friend.

I don't care for people to share their trashy sexual insecurity with me through improper mediums no less. It's even more pathetic when you're a grown ass adult. I spared her from such ruthless speech but that's how I really feel about it.
    Again, you don't have to care for it. I am not trying to change your mind here. But you are playing in a realm of pure subjectivity. As far as the medium...uh how is it improper exactly? Is this page or is it not about transmog sets in WoW? Is that set or is it not transmogable? Then no, it's not a improper medium. You honestly don't get to decide that.

What you find trashy someone else finds attractive. Just the way of things. You aren't "right" nor are you "wrong". The ultimate question you gotta ask yourself is what is your goal? Is it to change their mind by shamming them? Firstly do think shamming is honestly a good way to do it? Secondly the likely hood of some rando disagreeing with them about what they find pleasing isn't likely to change anyone's mind, only further cement them in their ways. Even if you do manage to convince them, congratulations you have convinced someone to not do what they enjoy or to give up something that is essentially part of them because you convinced them it was shameful and wrong.

It all comes back to the golden rule right? If someone jumped on that page and just gave everyone shit for playing pretend Barbie dress up and wanted to bring you all "back to reality" by pointing out the pointless shittiness of how you are wasting your time, and then went to a forum for validation for his words could you support him? You would say to him "Good on you for sharing your opinion and shamming those people in defense of what you thought was correct!"? Or would you say "That is your opinion and you're an ass hole for bothering to even tell us"? For the sake of clarity here the only comparison I am making here is the subjectivity. In one case you agree in one I imagine you probably don't.

In the end what I am saying is this. I am not telling you how to feel. I am not even telling you you shouldn't share how you feel. What I am saying is that when you do it, you're kinda being a dick. If you are good with that then fine, there isn't much more to discuss.