10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck's sake, Trump is Mr. "The evil media is lying to us all," and then he hires the CEO of a media company to head up his campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Kind of irrelevant except for the lying though, since Clinton also supported the Iraq War.

Kind of a drop in the bucket when it comes to the lying too.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfey View Post
    The greatest question on Nov. 9 will be whether or not the Republican party sticks with White Nationalism. Trump moving Breitbart into the campaign in full force makes it pretty clear he wants White Nationalism on the ballot Nov. 8. Do the Reps stick with it? Does the base give it up? How can Ted Cruz come in to the 2020 Primary without at least paying lip service to Trumpism?
    I heard somewhere that if you look at just children in the US under the age of 5 then the majority of children are not white. If the GOP doesn't do something to shake that "White Nationalism" mantra then they will be gone in 10-15 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfey View Post
    The greatest question on Nov. 9 will be whether or not the Republican party sticks with White Nationalism. Trump moving Breitbart into the campaign in full force makes it pretty clear he wants White Nationalism on the ballot Nov. 8. Do the Reps stick with it? Does the base give it up? How can Ted Cruz come in to the 2020 Primary without at least paying lip service to Trumpism?
    Ted Cruz can eat a bag of dicks. He's way too extreme without having Trump's charisma to be a real contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Fuck's sake, Trump is Mr. "The evil media is lying to us all," and then he hires the CEO of a media company to head up his campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

Kind of irrelevant except for the lying though, since Clinton also supported the Iraq War.

Kind of a drop in the bucket when it comes to the lying too.
    Didn't help that once branch of the government pretty much lied to everyone about the reasons for the war.

There is a difference between lying about the war and changing ones stance on the war because times change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    There is a difference between lying about the war and changing ones stance on the war because times change.
    I just don't really think "they're lying!" is a good argument this election cycle, since none of the candidates are honest.

7+ Year Old Account
    The bleeding continues. The person who wrote the speech for Patricia Smith, the "Benghazi mom" at the RNC is thinking of voting for Clinton.

GOP speechwriter may vote for Hillary Clinton

m a lifelong political animal and a longtime Maryland Republican. I worked on the staffs of Maryland Congresswoman Helen Bentley and Congressman/Gov. Bob Ehrlich. I also served on the GOP staff of the House Financial Services Committee.

I have lived my life, proudly, as a political moderate striving to make a positive contribution in and around the political arena — not an easy feat in deep blue Maryland, where an insular Democratic establishment has dominated state politics until very recently. But I have always been GOP to the core.

Growing up, Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan were my icons. My sense of party fealty is such that I worked on the paid GOP convention staff in Philadelphia in 2000, and again, just recently, as a professional volunteer on the speechwriting staff in Cleveland.

In fact, I personally drafted the speech of the "Benghazi mom," Patricia Smith. In that speech, I concluded with the following line: "If Hillary Clinton can't give us the truth, why should we give her the presidency?" As a political speechwriter, that was something of a home run moment for me. The New Yorker called the speech "the weaponization of grief."

But weeks after the end of the 2016 GOP convention, I am confronted by an inconvenient fact: Despite what I wrote in that nationally televised speech about Hillary Clinton, I may yet have to vote for her because of the epic deficiencies of my own party's nominee.

President Eisenhower would have never proposed banning Muslims from America. Nor would President Nixon. Nor would President Reagan. Donald Trump has betrayed and perverted their legacies. Consequently, I no longer recognize my party.

I have never voted for a Democrat for federal office, but when I hear the president criticize the GOP nominee, I can't honestly disagree with him.

I have no political home — a deeply uncomfortable place for me to be. My GOP pals regard me as a renegade, and my Democratic friends don't know quite what to make of me.

What is this election really about? It should be about the future — every election should be. But this election is about the misery of the moment.

While I'm proud of my service to the Republican party, I am not proud of the present state of American politics. I look around me; everything just feels awful and sad. The divisions in our national discourse are great, and there is no political hero waiting to rescue us from ourselves. Instead, we're confronted by the awful spectacle of a "Mothra versus Godzilla" election. And, just like in the movies, no matters who wins, Tokyo suffers.

Regardless, the reality is, I cannot vote for Donald Trump. I could never vote for Donald Trump.

So instead I am confronted by two painful choices: Vote for the most divisive political figure in the past 25 years or throw away my vote on a kooky Libertarian ticket.

I believe this is a citizenship election similar to others we have had in our history. This is a time to stand up and be counted — just like supporters of the civil rights movement once chose to do.

The central question in 2016: Are Muslim Americans an equal and welcome member of the American constituency?

For me, the answer is a clear "yes." Now, the question becomes: Can we come together and find a positive solution to the issue of illegal immigration, just like President Reagan and congressional Democrats were able to achieve? The answer to that is, "we must."

To choose otherwise embraces fear, as Donald Trump has chosen to do. Fear sometimes wins you elections, but it doesn't create jobs, build schools, reduce crime or improve the quality of life for all citizens. Great political leaders help us transcend our fears.

Still, the prospect of voting for Hillary Clinton is uncomfortable to me, as if Dr. Van Helsing were compelled to vote for Dracula.

But the only prospect more terrifying than voting for Hillary Clinton is not voting for her.

The reality of American politics today is, she is the only choice.

Richard J. Cross III is a former Capitol Hill and Annapolis press secretary and speechwriter who lives in Baltimore.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opi...817-story.html
    - - - Updated - - -

Check out the video for an insight of the best of the best Trump hires. His lawyer, Michael Cohen, making ambulance chasing lawyers look good.

What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Do you think Hillary gets less people at her speeches because she doesn't wan't a huge audience or just no one is interested in going?

does this "point" mean anything to anyone? I'm gonna go with who gives a shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will officially be going to the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Check out the video for an insight of the best of the best Trump hires. His lawyer, Michael Cohen, making ambulance chasing lawyers look good.

His lawyer talks just like he does. And what he says...wow. He's right, they are Donald Trump's unscripted words...that he has to walk back on a daily basis, pretty much.

I enjoyed that super awkward pause after he asked "Says who?" and she responded with "Polls, most of them. All of them?" and he just repeats the same question again like he thought he'd get a different answer.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post

Do you think Hillary gets less people at her speeches because she doesn't wan't a huge audience or just no one is interested in going?
    Given how often incorrect photo's or photo's taken from "strategic" angles are used to boost/pull down both candidates, I can't take low quality stills from either side seriously.

Also, I don't think Hillary wants more people there because she doesn't play well to huge crowds. Everyone knows this by now. Trump does, he's happy to rile them up and give them exactly what he wants, he loves the attention.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2016-08-17 at 10:28 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

It reminds me of the Bernie rallies in NY

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I will officially be going to the debate.
    Ask Trump how hot is her daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Given how often incorrect photo's or photo's taken from "strategic" angles are used to boost/pull down both candidates, I can't take low quality stills from either side seriously.

Also, I don't think Hillary wants more people there because she doesn't play well to huge crowds. Everyone knows this by now. Trump does, he's happy to rile them up and give them exactly what he wants, he loves the attention.
    Strategic angles? Lol ok...
    What do you mean by doesn't play well to large crowds? Like puts them to sleep, isn't good at talking points?

I know you're not exactly long term thinker (SpaceX has landed 6 Falcon 9 rockets now by the way), but I hope you realize, come November, I'm going to make you and people like you eat facile shit like this? You're not presenting a legitimate ground for why Trump is in fact, doing well, when the metrics for him are an utter disaster. Trump having a populated rally means nothing from an electoral perspective.

Like do you honestly think a picture like this makes some kind of case for you? To the rest of us, it looks like you're holding onto something, anything, to hope and pray that the utter rout likely coming isn't one.

Well I'll let you know right now as a #NeverTrump conservative... there will be no mercy, no forgiveness, no second chances, to the Trumpists, when their day of reckoning arrives. This campaign is a career ending failure for his professional allies and a one way ticket to political marginalization for his supporters, down to the last moron 18 year old.

The goal isn't for your side to just lose, but to lose so badly you never forget it.

Strategic angles? Lol ok...
    Yes, taking pictures that either enhance the size of the crowd or make it seem smaller by using angles and omitting parts of the room. It's not like it's the first time this has happened and it won't be the last, and supporters/detractors from both sides do it.

What do you mean by doesn't play well to large crowds? Like puts them to sleep, isn't good at talking points?
    Yep, but talking points alone don't get crowds hyped up. Hillary doesn't have a ton of charisma in front of large crowds. It's been a weakness that's been called out regularly. That's why she and her campaign generally keep events smaller, where she's more comfortable and can "be herself" more (whatever that means).

I still think she's got a less likable personality than a piece of plywood regardless of the size of the crowd she's speaking to, but that's been the commentary on the matter for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    It reminds me of the Bernie rallies in NY
    NAILED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All hall the Democratic Nominee!

For he will deliver us

From the oligarchy!

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    NAILED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All hall the Democratic Nominee!

For he will deliver us

From the oligarchy!
    Well, hey. If Trump's decline despite taking populist stances is a sign of things, how bad was it going to get for Sanders?

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/4101/1000/original.jpg?w=600&h&w=800&h=632

Are you going to be one of those people that also say that Trump is going to win because he has more social media followers too? People go to watch a clown entertain. That is it. Cheeto Jesus is still going to lose.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I know you're not exactly long term thinker (SpaceX has landed 6 Falcon 9 rockets now by the way), but I hope you realize, come November, I'm going to make you and people like you eat facile shit like this? You're not presenting a legitimate ground for why Trump is in fact, doing well, when the metrics for him are an utter disaster. Trump having a populated rally means nothing from an electoral perspective.

Like do you honestly think a picture like this makes some kind of case for you? To the rest of us, it looks like you're holding onto something, anything, to hope and pray that the utter rout likely coming isn't one.

Well I'll let you know right now as a #NeverTrump conservative... there will be no mercy, no forgiveness, no second chances, to the Trumpists, when their day of reckoning arrives. This campaign is a career ending failure for his professional allies and a one way ticket to political marginalization for his supporters, down to the last moron 18 year old.

The goal isn't for your side to just lose, but to lose so badly you never forget it.
    Lol! As if your opinion here of those who will vote for Trump really matters. The smart ones will simply put you on ignore and move on as if you never existed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post

God, he comes off as a complete prick.