Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Invasions - underwhelming?

Hello.

I love invasions - really I do - at first they were great. You've felt threat of the Burning Legion that was invading Azeroth, but in the end... They're invading only 6 zones. Even if they boost invasion frequency and number of simultaneous invasions, there are going to be 6 zones, that no one cares about, under Legion attack. After people get their achievements and gear, they will just stay in the capital. Why doesn't Legion invade Durotar or Elwynn? Stormwind or Orgrimmar?
    Main capitals would be under constant attack, with Warchief / King rallying their forces and fighting. If someone would say "I can't do my auctions" or something like this - there are other capitals than Org or Stormwind, such as Ironforge, Darnassus, Undercity.
    More frequent invasions are good but they don't add immersion. The world isn't burning, it's only 6 areas.

Don't take me for a whiner, Legion Invasion is one of the best pre-expansion event and with this potential, Blizzard could've done much better.

You seriously want to fight the invasions in a sea of trees? They picked the zones they did because there's minimal environmental obstacles getting in the way of those towering monuments of doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    Hello.

I love invasions - really I do - at first they were great. You've felt threat of the Burning Legion that was invading Azeroth, but in the end... They're invading only 6 zones. Even if they boost invasion frequency and number of simultaneous invasions, there are going to be 6 zones, that no one cares about, under Legion attack. After people get their achievements and gear, they will just stay in the capital. Why doesn't Legion invade Durotar or Elwynn? Stormwind or Orgrimmar?
    Main capitals would be under constant attack, with Warchief / King rallying their forces and fighting. If someone would say "I can't do my auctions" or something like this - there are other capitals than Org or Stormwind, such as Ironforge, Darnassus, Undercity.
    More frequent invasions are good but they don't add immersion. The world isn't burning, it's only 6 areas.

Don't take me for a whiner, Legion Invasion is one of the best pre-expansion event and with this potential, Blizzard could've done much better.
    My guess is they purposely chose zones that people haven't visited in a long time for a taste of nostalgia.

While at the same time not making it a hassle to get there by having them be far away.

Attacking the capitols would be waaaay to intrusive and drive many players away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    You seriously want to fight the invasions in a sea of trees? They picked the zones they did because there's minimal environmental obstacles getting in the way of those towering monuments of doom.
    Because trees would stop the legion from invading..

I think you're being a bit harsh. I will agree they could've varied/randomized the zones a bit more.

Otherwise, I understand the choices they made. Can you imagine the overwhelming amount of bullshit that would be posted here if they happened in most zones? People here can't stand anything that interrupts their normal flow of things. There are already people whining about things happening in Stormwind or Org and so on.

Nothing they can do will make everyone happy. Nothing. They could provide every feature ever requested and the most amazing experience known to mankind and someone would be here posting about it and how horrible it was.

In light of that, I think it's pretty good overall and despite a few tweaks I'd make I like it.

My only issue is the RNG factor to the weapons. Having to sit through invasion after invasion after invasion hoping for that weapon to drop for the transmog gets old. The weapons should have been purchasable from the vendor, even if the cost was 300+ Nethershards.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Attacking the capitols would be waaaay to intrusive and drive many players away.
    Why? This is Legion's invasion, it has to be intrusive.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer it if the invasions lasted the whole expansion, and occurred in strategic places. The trick would be to keep them relevant enough to want to engage on them even when you're in raid gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Wasnt there pics of legion invasions in wetlands a while back? Maybe they'll be in other zones soon...
    I had a all Night Elf Guild in Vanilla

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    That's why there's Dread Infiltrators and Dreadlord Players. They make the capital cities dangerous without making them server-crashing lagfests.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    Because trees would stop the legion from invading..
    Really, that's what you got out of that. Its called programming and scripts. What's easier to program, a area that has mass detail and objects in it, or zones that are pretty much wide open spaces or have a decent amount of open space? Also it's a lot easier if you're only messing with the programming and codes of a few zones compared to lets say 10+ zones. Its easier to delete the coding and fix any error's from a little bit of the program than the whole thing or massive chunks of it. Yes.... it would be awesome if they attacked more zones than they do but they chose a bunch of zones that are decent size with wide open spaces that don't have a lot of clutter in them.

How dare you bring logic into the discussion.

Because ultimately gameplay > story. This is just a pre-expansion event lasting three weeks; putting too many resources into them would be a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    SW and Org can be invaded, they are not the only capitol that has things like Bank, AH, Mog etc. I remember when Ironforge was the main Alliance City to be in player wise.

Edit:Wonder what will happen next week, they released all of the event stuff already. There is nothing more to do till Legion goes live, maybe next week we will get Demon bosses raiding SW/Org like they did in IF back for TBC.
    Last edited by Gemini Soul; 2016-08-18 at 03:13 AM.

Lol hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

I love the absolute lack of reading comprehension some people had.

No trees wouldn't stop the Legion, we're talking about the video game here, not the story. There are TECHNICAL obstacles that would have to be overcome, and with a finite amount of time, the best option is to work around that.

No, Orgrimmar and SW can't be invaded. It's not about people not wanting to be there, it's actually the opposite. SO many people would be there that it would have negative impacts on servers, causing hardcore lag and crashes.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

btw was making this into an entire topic really needed? there are already a handful of other topics about the invasions and this could have been a post.

The new legion tactics are about situating themselves and establishing a base near key locations. Then funneling in large forces with the portals they set up there (the largest structures with a named mob look like the early workings of a portal arch) . we're stopping them from establishing these locations.

They're already trying to break the will of the people by sneaking in demons with doomsayers and the entire "whispers" thing.

Legion will reveal that we were already long infiltrated by demons.

I enjoyed them, wish the war forge was in when I was farming my weapon upgrades for my Alts could of got some boosted gear, but have no real reason to go back other than that. It sort of feels fitting though, the legion keeps sending in forces and the heroes slowly get overwhelmed by them (bored most) have the invasion slowly winning.

I think,that in time,they will increase the amount of zones,that are being invaded,won't they?

Off topic - heck,please put some other NPC to lead Westfall's defense or change his voice actor,don't know for how long I will be able to tolerate that old guy.Some people just don't know when to retire.