Question Marked for Death Mouseover Macro

I was wondering if after the pre-patch anyone started having any issues with their MfD mouseover macros. I have used the same macro for several xpacs with no problems and now it suddenly doesn't work. In case I'm doing something wrong, here's what I use(d):

#showtooltip Marked for Death
    /cast [target = mouseover, nodead, harm, exists] Marked for Death

The strangest thing about it is that it does know if the target is out of range of the ability, but then when I'm in range of my mouseover it just tells me that I have no target. If anyone else is having this issue or I somehow wrote my macro incorrectly, please let me know. This is, in my opinion, a near mandatory macro for serious progression raiding. Have to get it working.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have one for MfD, but I have one for Blind. They should work the same way. My macro's a bit simpler though. See if it works with MfD for you.

#showtooltip Marked for Death
    /cast [@mouseover, harm] Marked for Death

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I realised this yesterday!

I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to fix it, I think it's just not allowed anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I don't have one for MfD, but I have one for Blind. They should work the same way. My macro's a bit simpler though. See if it works with MfD for you.
    Your Blind mouseover works totally fine. It does NOT work for MfD, though. I don't know if Blizzard just doesn't want this to be macro'd anymore (hard to believe), or if it requires a special macro for the particular ability now, or if it's a bug or what. But it's VERY annoying.

Deleted
    Ye that macro didn't work in Beta either, so stupid.. You can use

/target [@mouseover,harm]
    /cast Marked for Death
    /targetlasttarget

which works fine when you cast it on mouseover, but on your current target it casts it and then deselects the target which is super annoying.

Is this going to be fixed? Super annoying
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

Quote Originally Posted by Recuiem View Post

/target [(at)mouseover,harm]
    /cast Marked for Death
    /targetlasttarget

which works fine when you cast it on mouseover, but on your current target it casts it and then deselects the target which is super annoying.
    This does provide a functional workaround to the problem - so thank you for that. It's still fairly annoying compared to the way that seemingly every other mouseover works though, unfortunately. I'm hoping Blizzard fixes this.

I reported it a while ago during alpha/beta testing and they did mention it was a bug, so I assumed it would get fixed. If it hasn't, keep reporting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast  [@mouseover, exists, harm] [@Target] Marked for Death
    That's what I use and it works fine. If a mouseover target exists and is hostile, (@)mouseover. Otherwise (@)Target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Raer- View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast  [@mouseover, exists, harm] [@Target] Marked for Death
    That's what I use and it works fine. If a mouseover target exists and is hostile, (@)mouseover. Otherwise (@)Target.
    It doesn't work on mouseover, it always casts it on your current target.
    I even tried with the EnemyGrid addon to cast MfD on the mouseover target with RMB and it still casts it on my current target instead. Clearly it's messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Recuiem View Post

/cast Marked for Death
    /targetlasttarget

As long as you don't use your focus for anything else, the following completely bypasses the bug, and will always keep your current target:

#showtooltip Marked For Death
    /focus
    /cleartarget
    /cast [exists] Marked for Death
    /target [@focus]
    /clearfocus

still would be nice to get this fixed, sucks to have your swing timer reset every time you want to MFD something