Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm pretty excited for this. I love these old flashbacks to older content, like how they included Ulduar and Karazhan in the intro scenarios. Brings back a lot of fond memories and makes the world seem like a more coherent place, as opposed to just new things popping up all the time and being forgotten forever a month after being discovered, even when these things are prisons for extra-planar supermegagodlike beings with dudes running around who can literally just rewrite the whole world upon whim.

Hoping it'll be Mythic+ only though. Would feel pretty stupid to have it in LFD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want the Forgotten Crypt to be a thing for the Deadwind Pass/Karazhan area.

So we will have the main Raid place, the Karazhan Catacombs for some Artifacts, and the Forgotten Crypt.
    Really want it to appear as a dungeon, and they could also add more to it, and have many mysterious things down there.
    Like the remains of the old Guardian, Khadgar buried from the Last Guardian.
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    If its brand new mechanics and bosses then I wouldnt say its a rehash. Rehash would be more like WOTLK where they basically just hit copy+paste on NAxx and dumbed it down for the masses.
    Besides when content is old enough I think going back or rehashing it is even acceptable. I mean Kara was current about 10 years ago now right? Even if they just tweaked it and updated the loot it would be worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I'd say there is no way we're getting a new raid in March if Nighthold launches in Jan. They're going to give Nighthold at least 4-5 months (may even more). My guess would be that we get 7.2 (no raid) sometime in March-April, with the new raid not coming until 7.3 in May-June.
    They said they wanted tiers to last 4 to5 months right? Are they really going to make the launch raids last 8 months? Id be fine with it, but it goes against what they said.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    They said they wanted tiers to last 4 to5 months right? Are they really going to make the launch raids last 8 months? Id be fine with it, but it goes against what they said.
    I imagine the opening tier is an exception since it is being split across EN, Stormheim Mini Raid, and Nighthold, which justifies it having a longer cycle. That discussion started with them saying that the 2 months between HM>BRF was too short for most players. So it seems unlikely that they'd release NH in Jan and then a new raid two months later in March... especially when Nighthold is a larger raid with tier sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Idk, but something fell off about that trailer. It isn't the quality we are used to getting for a trailer.
    it was just a teaser

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    They said that the small Stormheim raid would be dropping between Emerald Nightmare and Nighthold, so 7.1 will likely be hitting before Nighthold is opened (which will be in the game data in 7.0, just like BRF was in 6.0 game data, but opened after 6.1).
    I recall they saying both raids will be avaliable at launch for the first tier

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jSewell View Post
    The nighthold page on the wow legion page says it is releasing in 7.1, which would out it alongside kara. The "small stormheim" raid will probably be 7.2 or even 7.05 if they really wanted to.
    link it please

As long as they don't get rid of the old Kara (which it looks like they won't), this should be great. There was no reason from preventing us from doing the old ZG/ZA when they rehashed those in Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    I recall they saying both raids will be avaliable at launch for the first tier
    What, for WoD or Legion? Because I remember them always saying that HM/BRF and EN/NH were going to be split. But for all I know, I could just be remembering it wrong. WoD info was 3 years ago, and I wasn't paying attention to Legion till 2 months ago since Blizzcon.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-08-18 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    What, for WoD or Legion? Because I remember them always saying that HM/BRF and EN/NH were going to be split.
    Legion.. I remember them talking about releasing the two raids to prevent what happened with 23u438u4234 months of highmaul, so you can choose between one or another

Quote Originally Posted by Redecle View Post
    I think it's just too big of an opportunity for Blizzard not to miss. Medivh hasn't been active in WoW in a big way, which is weird him being so huge character in the universe and I think this is it.
    I already said a while back that he's returning. And i'm strongly thinking he will be the final boss of Legion.
    Probably not as himself, but as the current avatar of Sargeras, his body possessed by the demon lord.

And trailers like this just strengthen my belief.
    Medivh is no longer a human and really doesn't have a body for Sargeras to take over. That is what Illidan is being used for IMO.

7.0 plus 7.1 is already better than all of WoD even if that was it.
    You mean to tell me that 7.1 is better than 6.1? That selfie cam we got was the most amazing thing ever! /s

Well... thats an improvement over 6.1 atleast. Personally I hope they don't recycle to many bosses and locations, I've raided Kara over 100 times when it was current content in TBC and I'm not feeling to do the same content again 10 years later. I was okay with the Naxx rehash because I've never even stepped food into it, among the rest of the 99% playerbase.

What I would've loved to see is the Karazhan Crypts being used as the dungeon, or atleast be part of it. They could give it some very creepy and unique architecture, to keep up its legacy as one of the spookier places in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Legion.. I remember them talking about releasing the two raids to prevent what happened with 23u438u4234 months of highmaul, so you can choose between one or another
    They never said that. If anything their main point was "we were happy with how the first tier of WoD was" minus the spacing thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Remember those demons coming after you when you're in the ballroom? They'll be there to "welcome" you... :3
    So we will fight another demons, great

Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    So we will fight another demons, great
    The expansion is called "Legion" as in "The burning legion", so yeah, fighting a bunch of demons is pretty much a given... :P

That's the thing, "launch tier" is only one tier so it should be 4-5 months for both raids.

I don't know when Emerald Nightmare will be opened, 2 or 3 weeks after launch? I could imagine something like:

Mid / End of September: Emerald Nightmare
    Mid November: 7.1 with Karazhan and the Mini-Raid
    Mid December: Nighthold
    March: 7.2 with Tier 20

I can't imagine that T19 will last longer than 6 months.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2016-08-18 at 10:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    That's the thing, "launch tier" is only one tier so it should be 4-5 months for both raids.

I don't know when Emerald Nightmare will be opened, 2 or 3 weeks after launch? I could imagine something like:

Mid / End of September: Emerald Nightmare
    Mid November: 7.1 with Karazhan and the Mini-Raid
    Mid December: Nighthold
    March: 7.2 with Tier 20

I can't imagine that T19 will last longer than 6 months.
    I hope it lasts around 8 months, it has 17 bosses from EM and the NH + the miniraid bosses, thats like twice the amount of bosses we got in most tiers

It's a lot of bosses but I still think 4-5 months is the right length, 8 would definitely be too long.

Hopefully it will be as close to the original as it can be, the best raid ever!
    except the corpse runs...