Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    they bumped the xp they give, and it should be ok for leveling alts. alot of fun too!
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    they bumped the xp they give, and it should be ok for leveling alts. alot of fun too!
    Except it's broken. If anyone, especially a level 100, tags the mob, you end up with significantly less xp. So little, in fact, that it's hardly worth the effort. At 38, with 71k needed for the whole level, I got 123 xp. Killing a large mob, by myself, which took quite a bit of effort, got me 652 xp. The latter would be fine, but if anyone should've come along and touched it, I would've been down to a sixth that, whether I had wanted their help or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Sometime I wonder why people pay to play this game. To me, some of them are not interested in having "fun". They just want the "loot", either in gear, gold, XP etc. People AFK in BG, LFR, now this event.

To them, the "fun" is obtaining rewards with the least effort. They should have just made garrison mission that gives XP instead. Would they enjoy that? I think so, given the number of people boasting about the gold and gear from the old garrison mission.

Kinneer, I completely agree. After reading about the exp gains for leveling alts I gave it a try last night. I sat on my flying mount and watched an entire invasion unfold below. I gained a couple of bars of experience and thought to myself how unbelievably stupid this was. I will not be doing that again as I would prefer the enjoyment of playing.

Lvl 93 no Heirlooms

Playing full: 26%
    AFKing: 17%

I think they nerfed the bonus further when they buffed the mobs. I was getting 20-24% yesterday

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Sometime I wonder why people pay to play this game. To me, some of them are not interested in having "fun". They just want the "loot", either in gear, gold, XP etc. People AFK in BG, LFR, now this event.

To them, the "fun" is obtaining rewards with the least effort. They should have just made garrison mission that gives XP instead. Would they enjoy that? I think so, given the number of people boasting about the gold and gear from the old garrison mission.
    A lot of people enjoy actively playing various classes at max level. Doing the same quests or dungeons over and over to level up gets boring quickly.

I am 100% convinced that the people defending blizzard on this are either employees or just have their head so far up the ass of blizzard they cant see the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I am 100% convinced that the people defending blizzard on this are either employees or just have their head so far up the ass of blizzard they cant see the light of day.
    Your worldview is very sad. Maybe you should just step away from the game before you become more toxic. I am guessing you are way too young to be so cynical. And wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Too bad that.... invasions last for less than a month, and when you sub, you cant sub for time shorter than a month. Anybody who subbed because of invasions, wont be able to unsub until invasions are over. So, your point... ?
    They can still do the other part of what I said (Stop Playing). That means less people doing the invasions and that means the invasions take longer.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Did you really expect afk xp to be better than actively trying to xp? Assuming you have a realistic view of that then the xp was boosted today when you participate over previously...what's wrong with an xp boost?

I'd love to actively participate.. if doing so wasn't completely worthless for EXP purposes.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

How does blizz not get this? To make it if someone joins in or helps you kill the mobs nets you less xp. This is an mmo we are suppose to play with other players not get upset if someone comes along. If they want to cut the xp from shared mobs then at least award more for the more damage one does. Nothing is more frustrating to have one of these mobs that can give up to 20k or more xp almost dead and a player or two come along and tag it and you get half or usually less than half the xp. Just bad design. Who was the leveling hurting it was available to all and I thought they wanted us at end game since that is where everything is. But I guess this might have cut into thier boosting fees.

I'd suggest people do a little bit of testing. I just joined in fighting an elite mob (one of those guys wandering around outside Caverns of Time), and got 8k (rested), plus a 12.7% "group bonus."

So they did SOMETHING, and it might encourage group play.

yesterday i took the same xp killing invader mobs then all 4 stages

it's a bit grindy but funny .

work well if you intend to level only one alt...

I don't mind the passive xp from completing each stage being nerfed (although it *was* hit really hard). I do prefer the bonus xp being instead added to kills and actually participating. However, that said, the xp share per kill is absolutely mysterious to me. I've had times when I did a ton of work and killed the demon 90% dead before someone came in to tag it, and I got 200xp, and I've had times where a similar health demon where I tagged it on the end with a dot no less, that I don't think even had time to tick and I got 6k xp. Something is seriously screwy with that, and I think that leads to a LOT of frustration. It feels unpredictable and unrewarding because it feels like the amount of xp may as well be random and that your actual effort is meaningless. And if you play a class that can't get fast tags at range, it feels doubly unfair.

On a side note, to further the frustration, if you are tab targeting for things to hit, it's really frustrating to keep having it target flagged Alliance that aren't attackable anyways. Since you have no chance to get a full kill to yourself most times, you want to instead be able to tag as many things for small xp rewards, and that's all made more difficult with flagged players about.

I've yet to have an Invasion since the mob xp buff where I wasn't able to find plenty of demons to solo. Of course you can't follow the herd and hop to pick things off before others tag, it just takes a tiny bit of planning.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dweller View Post
    I don't mind the passive xp from completing each stage being nerfed (although it *was* hit really hard). I do prefer the bonus xp being instead added to kills and actually participating. However, that said, the xp share per kill is absolutely mysterious to me. I've had times when I did a ton of work and killed the demon 90% dead before someone came in to tag it, and I got 200xp, and I've had times where a similar health demon where I tagged it on the end with a dot no less, that I don't think even had time to tick and I got 6k xp. Something is seriously screwy with that, and I think that leads to a LOT of frustration. It feels unpredictable and unrewarding because it feels like the amount of xp may as well be random and that your actual effort is meaningless. And if you play a class that can't get fast tags at range, it feels doubly unfair.

On a side note, to further the frustration, if you are tab targeting for things to hit, it's really frustrating to keep having it target flagged Alliance that aren't attackable anyways. Since you have no chance to get a full kill to yourself most times, you want to instead be able to tag as many things for small xp rewards, and that's all made more difficult with flagged players about.
    The flagged alliance and/or horde one has to tab thru is truely annoying. If one has pvp turned off tab targeting shouldn't tab to the other faction they should be treated as friendly npc's and not a tabable target.
    Yes the random xp one gets from shared tags can be quite frustrating. I don't mind, heck I like the idea that participation gets one more xp it just shouldn't be so random or discourage players working together.
    Isn't working together the point of a mmo and the point of the invasions in the first place?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I've yet to have an Invasion since the mob xp buff where I wasn't able to find plenty of demons to solo. Of course you can't follow the herd and hop to pick things off before others tag, it just takes a tiny bit of planning.
    But I'll give you an example from yesterday for me. I had a goblin warlock following me around a bit tagging things I was killing.
    Now it wouldn't of been so bad except for the fact he only tagged each mob when they were near death. If he actually helped me kill them the sharing of xp wouldn't have been so bad as we would kill the mobs quicker. But just tagging near death made him zero help.
    Finally I got sick of him and pulled a bunch and fiegned death and watched him die. He stopped following me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    But I'll give you an example from yesterday for me. I had a goblin warlock following me around a bit tagging things I was killing.
    Now it wouldn't of been so bad except for the fact he only tagged each mob when they were near death. If he actually helped me kill them the sharing of xp wouldn't have been so bad as we would kill the mobs quicker. But just tagging near death made him zero help.
    Finally I got sick of him and pulled a bunch and fiegned death and watched him die. He stopped following me.
    I actually did wind up having a couple experiences later on in the day where it seemed like a couple different 100s were trolling/griefing. No reason for them to get just a couple hits on a big elite that was about to go down anyway, but not help clean up pack of medium-type mobs right near. idk
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I actually did wind up having a couple experiences later on in the day where it seemed like a couple different 100s were trolling/griefing. No reason for them to get just a couple hits on a big elite that was about to go down anyway, but not help clean up pack of medium-type mobs right near. idk

And that is the problem with shared xp from these mobs. If one got xp from the mobs based on the damage they did to the mob it be fine. Say it gives 10k and I do 90% of the damage give me 9k and the other person 1k. Otherwise how it is now is all they are doing is making it harder on the person doing the main damage as the mobs get more life per each person attacking it. So I do more work for less xp great.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Is AFKing not viable anymore? Chat says I received EXP but exp bar didn't move a milimeter.
    Not really the xp per stage completed has been nerfed big time. What gives good xp is killing the mobs in the invasion. The elites but not named elites can give more than 20k xp each. The problem is they are shared tagged mobs. So any one that tags it splits the xp. Even one person cuts it in half. And add on top of it every one that tags a mob give it more health you get less xp for more work if the other player(s) tagging just put one shot in.