Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    The reasons was not they were too much content but the quick release of tbc @Naxx.

Yeah but thats not content, they have infact, like i said, more content in leveling in bc because they were far more quests. So yeah
    They learned from that problem in vanilla but 10 levels of quests doesn't equal 60 levels of quest or more accurately 55 because that is where they ran out.
    Why can't you see this?
    Yes, I liked tbc better too but it doesn't change the fact more was in Vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    There is no way to make a game that keeps eveyone occupied all the time.
    The world quests make sure that you at least have something to do each day but if you spend 12+ hours playing WoW every day than yes, you'll run out of things to do.

Good news though! There are other games out there and you can play them a well. Isn't that great?
    I tried... guess I am spoiled by WoW. Not many if any games hold my attention for long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I tried... guess I am spoiled by WoW. Not many if any games hold my attention for long.
    Well this thread to a turn from pretty bad to absolute crap in the few hours I was gone.

People jumping in with no arguments other then "lolzfanboy" or the other way around. What a wonderful site this could be without some of those.

Should have a ban policy against that

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Nope, actually, I don't remember most of that. probably because 90% (all the bolded stuff) of it never actually happened.

Just because a bunch of people datamined some stuff that they might have been working on (emerald dream, nerubian zone, abyssal maw) or spun some wishfull thinking fantasies into a delusion of a promise (naga as a playable race), or somehow thought that content from an upcoming expantion was somehow supposed to be part of a current one (Outland in Vanilla) doesnt mean that blizzard ever promised to give us those things.

Pretty much everything that blizzard has actually admitted to having real plans for and failing to deliver (Fharalon in WoD, dance studio, areal combat) has been fairly well covered as to why we never got them. Everything else on that list is pretty much wank that people somehow got into their heads that blizzard was going to give them that was never happening, and never promised or suggested in pretty much any way.
    cool demon hunter in the middle picture eh?

https://youtu.be/R-lQWXVP2nY?t=2m24s
    https://youtu.be/teSSu9aHSXc?t=2m36s
    https://youtu.be/OkIIFTQ9z7s?t=11s yes it says dungeon but it was actuallty a raid
    and i cant remember where i saw that

also no aireal combat was not well covered, it was removed last minute, so last minute ITS STILL ON THE BOX OF WOTLK!
    demon hunters were also on the vanilla box, abyssal maw was talked about at blizzcon, emerald dream was datamined then asked about where they said "we have some big stuff for druids planned, blah blah blah, this will come out soon", and the nerbuian zone was on the world map, as "azjol nerub" thre only "dungeon" being listed on the map
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-08-18 at 12:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Want some cheese with your whiiiiiiine?

A healthy mind is a skeptical mind. Blizzard hasn't really done much to earn the player's trust lately. Even so, the dumb moron inside me still clings to hope.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Nope, actually, I don't remember most of that. probably because 90% (all the bolded stuff) of it never actually happened.

Just because a bunch of people datamined some stuff that they might have been working on (emerald dream, nerubian zone, abyssal maw) or spun some wishfull thinking fantasies into a delusion of a promise (naga as a playable race), or somehow thought that content from an upcoming expantion was somehow supposed to be part of a current one (Outland in Vanilla) doesnt mean that blizzard ever promised to give us those things.

Pretty much everything that blizzard has actually admitted to having real plans for and failing to deliver (Fharalon in WoD, dance studio, areal combat) has been fairly well covered as to why we never got them. Everything else on that list is pretty much wank that people somehow got into their heads that blizzard was going to give them that was never happening, and never promised or suggested in pretty much any way.
    also reemmber this ?

Character portrait has six runes in place of the mana bar (and a special circle around the icon, probably for Hero class). These runes are consume as your spells use them-- they deactivate and then reactivate over time, so if you have two frost and four blood runes, you get that much to use as spells and abilities. We have plans for mechanics that allow you to change one resource type on the fly-- like Warlock's Life Tap (Health=mana).

yeah so you would carve runes into your weapon and consumed in combat, then must be recarved in out of combat :P, or use lifetap to replenish them in combat, and no mention of runic power

if grinding mobs in barrens is content for you can still do it, especially the leveling content of vanill was bad, even not enough quest to level

also what with the suffix of "little help", you know what content means right?

- - - Updated - - -

they can still make the game better tho and doesnt make it like every content muss be seen for every type of players so people dont burn through it like in jet speed
    There is also the risk that if they make content too hard then a large part of the player base will not actually see it at all. Vanilla raiding had that issue and thats not good either.

I can guarantee you though, most people will not be able to do the hardest mythic+ or mythic raiding so I'm sure it'll be fine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    This is why it was so cool. You will never experience anything in your life again like you used to experience things when you were 12. Welcome to adulthood, reality, cynicism. You wouldn't have anywhere close to as much fun if Blizzard threw this on live again.
    idk, i love survival games were you defend a location, i love the feeling of holding a location down, like the hall of reflection dungeon, sitting there killing the undead as they charge you, the lich king slowly approaching... fuck... that made me so scared back then, i never was in a group that actuallty died to that fight, so i was allways so horrified of what would happen if he caught us... would my char die and all my gear break? idk

15+ Year Old Account
    I think they have learned their lesson from the three~four incidents. It's not even that hard to do, as content patches don't have to be massive. Just a little bit of something new to do every now and then. Doesn't always have to be long ass raids or new zones.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I was not disagreeing with it?

And you can argue if vanilla had more content with other things to like professions.

However leveling had simply less content then tbc in vanilla, because it was not finished and many quests and entire zones (silithus) were missing, as blizzard said them himself. so no im not agreeing with you here.

But anyways to ge get on topic:

Still in the opinion that if blizzard can not gate their content properly because they are afraid not everyone on the planet earth can consume it in a fast pace i think the legion content ist not gonna be enough, reagdless how many ressources they pour in

- - - Updated - - -

now dragonraids only require pushing a button and netflx D: feels bad man
    None the less it doesn't make 10 levels of questing content equal 55 plus levels of questing content. What it does is show they learned from it and made it better. Tbc is arguably better, which I agree with, but that doesn't make it more.

Then stop playing the game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I don't think anyone in this forum believes they'll manage not to have a content drought, but would you prefer they said "we're not even going to try to avoid it"?
    I do, because the solution for the content drought has always been there, it is as simple as changing the pace at which they do release major content, mainly raids.
    For some reason i do not know, they have been releasing them too close, one tier to another, which has always lead to a final raid drought as happened in MOP.
    But this time, because the situation after WOD has become dire enough, they are gonna be fixing even that.
    I do really believe they are gonna make the impossible for this expansion to be amazing, not because of what they say, but because i think it is the last chance they have to avoid the game becoming really niche.

If they aren't actually bullshitting us with the drought this time then good. But well track record since Wrath is kind of not in favor of them so I'll believe that when I see it.

Deleted
    When you are out of content you enjoy, unsubscribe until there is more content you enjoy.

Any. I repeat, any other position is bullshit and you should re-evaluate how you spend your free time if you're here debating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post
    When you are out of content you enjoy, unsubscribe until there is more content you enjoy.

Any. I repeat, any other position is bullshit and you should re-evaluate how you spend your free time if you're here debating it.
    Yeah obviously. And I did so. But why did they ever change that for me? I used to be able to spend all my time on WOW. Never ran out of things to do. And from MoP onwards I need to unsub because I am done with everything I enjoy doing. Why would a company make a decisions like that?
    - "oh we got enough money this quarter.. stop producing content until the last quarter of the expansion and add some more... so we get people resubbed again"
    This would be bad business imo. But what do I know?

Given the track record, especially with the long content droughts at the end of each expansion since Wrath, I don't blame the OP for their skepticism.

I understand the fear of being optimistic again after WoD... but the WoD rhetoric (this close to the release) was nothing like the Legion rhetoric. Everyone was already hyped to just be over with MoP they were overlooking the warning signs. I feel like in the current situation there are far less warning signs! But that's just my opinion!

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone please show me where Blizzard has ever used the term "promise". If you can't...quit using this word. You taking what they say and then twisting it and then claiming they "promise" something is bs.

This is probably the first time ever we can actually say we were "promised". "This time there won't be a content draught." Surely no "We promise!" but "We got you!". It is a promise. I am a hardcore Blizzard fanboy so I will believe but I wish they hadn't said it like that. Now if they fail to deliver, people saying they didn't keep their promise will be correct. And more people will whine and more negativity will be thrown at Blizzard. And I sincerely dislike that. They are just humans. They are just game developers. They've upped the quality of things (longer and more numerous soundtracks, way more polished item/mount/pet/NPC models, HD textures, way more attention to detail in every aspect of the game), adding new features with every patch/expansion while also creating content for the already existing features WHILE ALSO continuously upping the quality of all of those features is impossible in my opinion. I understand that people will cry about it, but Blizzard themselves expecting to be able to do that is... ambitious. If they succeed though, I will be very happy! I don't want to see people hating the game (though they will always find a reason).