A Hunter trials logs in our guild.

Hey, i know its the prepatch and logs dont really matter atm (as in rankings) but i would like to see if this hunter thats trialing in our guild is decent or not ( in terms of abillities used etc...)

/rankings/character/9720539/latest#bracket=-1 Here are his logs, sorry i can't post links because i haven't made enough posts yet.

en/character/twisting-nether/Zoocqt/simple Here is the armory.

I know his gear is very suboptimal but thats what he had so we just wanted to see how he was doing in general, i dont really know much about hunters thats why im asking the help of people who know hunters atm. Would be appreciated if you could help

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters, shaman or druids it seems....

What site is the first "link" from? Let ppl copy & paste for easier use please.
    Last edited by Sar-; 2016-08-18 at 07:12 AM.

What is this? These links are incomplete.
    Post the full address........

When you know nothing at all about a class,

http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/Kz..._id=111631376#

this is a good start. Obviously that site is not yet perfect, but it's better than trying to read logs when you don't know the class.

I'd recommend going to /r/competitivewow for more help

Quote Originally Posted by scorpor View Post
    I'd recommend going to /r/competitivewow for more help
    They will shit on you for dumping your log on their without reviewing it first (as they should).

If a poster doesn't take the effort to review the logs to find out why, why should someone else?

Are these your guild's logs? I'm on mobile and can't tell. If so, he's performing on par.

well, what kind of guild are you? if you're not a mythic raiding guild does it really matter how good their output is? unless they are doing super silly mistakes in raids I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is just one person's opinion, take it for what it is worth.

If a guild is focused on beating content at Mythic level in a competitive fashion, I don't think they even need logs to make these determinations.

If the above sentence does not apply, I think the focus should be on how they fit your guild socially as opposed to their performance in raids.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post

If a guild is focused on beating content at Mythic level in a competitive fashion, I don't think they even need logs to make these determinations.

If the above sentence does not apply, I think the focus should be on how they fit your guild socially as opposed to their performance in raids.
    Not that much of a raiding expert but this - so much this .

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post

???

are you saying logs are irrelevant to guilds who actually want to do difficult content? Find me a guild in the top 500 world that doesnt require logs for apps. lol
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caramiowow View Post
    Hey, i know its the prepatch and logs dont really matter atm (as in rankings) but i would like to see if this hunter thats trialing in our guild is decent or not ( in terms of abillities used etc...)

/rankings/character/9720539/latest#bracket=-1 Here are his logs, sorry i can't post links because i haven't made enough posts yet.

en/character/twisting-nether/Zoocqt/simple Here is the armory.

I know his gear is very suboptimal but thats what he had so we just wanted to see how he was doing in general, i dont really know much about hunters thats why im asking the help of people who know hunters atm. Would be appreciated if you could help
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zoocqt/simple that should be the toon armory
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...720539/latest/
    His logs

For his ilvl and gear he seems to be doing just fine. Some of the fights in HFC in the logs seem low (Gorefiend) as any dps lost in phase 1 should be recovered in the burn phase 2. Overall see how he does come Legion and as one stated, is he a good fit for your guild and raid group.

Like not to be rude but what are you asking here? Like what are you guys as a guild going to be doing come Legion? Like this guy has raid exp in WoD and did some CMs on another character that's NOT that hunter. Which I guess he is switching to for Legion? Which I find extremely weird, I understand most hunters staying with their hunter for Legion... but this dude is PURPOSELY swapping to a hunter for Legion like wtf... who would purposely switch to a hunter main for Legion lmao

I just glanced at the logs, DPS seems ok but I would expect his hunter DPS to be higher on fights like Hellfire Assault with multi target. Also fights like Gorefiend its super low because he died before Feast so he couldnt pad his dps https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=24 and same thing on Iskar he died 45sec into t

Also was this a guild run and he was trialing with you guys?

Basically we are a guild with a few good players looking to expand on that... its hard to find good players and i myself can't analyze many logs because i am not familliar with those classes in prepatch ( only familliar with shadow priest and warrior in prepatch ).

Yes this was a guild run with many alts and some trials, we didnt log on to most of our 740+ geared charachters for it so we can atleast see a semi decent fight length that isnt 15 seconds.