Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I need a new headset.

Hey.

My guildies are saying that my current mic is having a loud weird sound whenever i'm talking, so now i need a new headset with Mic, Does anyone have any recommendations or know which one is currently the "Best" for gaming?

Thanks all.

Why not just buy a clip on mic? Audio quality if often better than gaming headsets, and a lot cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Logitech G35s
    I don't recommend buying any Logitech products, especially not their headsets. The connection of the earpieces is fragile plastic that'll break after a few months of use. Mine literally crumbled to pieces.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Kingston Hyper X Cloud II gaming headset.

I have two they are light on the head, the sound is crisp made for those longhour gaming session.

Deleted
    Nothing wrong with Logitech. The products I used (mice, keyboards and headsets) lasted me long times over and over. Currently using a cheaper H390 headset, and my only complaint is the fabric layer on the ear pads are slowly letting go after 3 years (and 3 months) of intensive use.

Depends what amount of money you wanna spend.

Now i was running with Steelseries v2 for 3 years and few months before the mic/cord just started dying the headphones still work bar the leather starting to scrape off of them.
    Mic was amazing and the sound is very good.

Now those are around 70euro atm if i remember correctly you can google them your self i guess.

I was out of budget for new headset so paying 70euro was out of the question for my new one so i went and searched a bit i found some good reviews about this fairly new company that makes headsets.

And i bought my self Plantronics Gamecom 388 headset with noise canceling mic for 30euro on a sell otherwise they are 40 i think.
    Feel free to google that as well.

Point is there plenty of headsets with good/decent mics for various prices ranges.
    But those 2 i can recommend.

I have the razen kraken 7.1, I wouldn't change it for anything to be honest.

I do own several headphones with quality sound such as the new bose etc but the razer one still has the best bass etc for gaming. They are also not that expensive, so give it a try if you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    ATH-AG1X Is the best headset I have ever owned, a huge upgrade from my Hyper X Cloud 2.

They are very expensive though.

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/he...24f/index.html
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

I bought a pair of shp9500 and a V-MODA BoomPro Gaming mic and it has been really great for a gaming/vent headset. Really depends on how much you want to pay. this headset + mic comes out to be between 70-100$ depending if you can get the shp9500 on flash sale. Most gaming headset I stay away from in most cases because while you can get a few with ok or very decent sound the mic is normally shit.

Deleted
    I use a Xbox Turtle beach, best bang for ya buck i reckons

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Hey.

My guildies are saying that my current mic is having a loud weird sound whenever i'm talking, so now i need a new headset with Mic, Does anyone have any recommendations or know which one is currently the "Best" for gaming?

Thanks all.

I hate wearing headphones so I just bought a good mic, this thing is awesome sound quality. I clip it on to a flexible arm that hangs near my head when ever I use it then I just push it away when I don't.

https://amzn.com/B001R76D42

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1023_.jpg
    Last edited by zenkai; 2016-08-18 at 01:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it have to be a headset? A desk mic is almost always better bang for your buck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post

I have two they are light on the head, the sound is crisp made for those longhour gaming session.
    These things are great for chatting if you don't care about sound quality too much. It is what I use for gaming.

I haven't found a headset that can do both chatting and decent sound quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohdearuk View Post
    These things are great for chatting if you don't care about sound quality too much. It is what I use for gaming.

I haven't found a headset that can do both chatting and decent sound quality.
    My sound quality on the regular HyperX Cloud is fine for its pricing. And I find the accessories very good. The detachable mic and airplane adapter are quite nice since I travel a lot as well. But those are my needs and not the OPs.

If you want good sound quality I always recommend Sennheiser but I don't know how their microphone quality is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I hate wearing headphones so I just bought a good mic, this thing is awesome sound quality. I clip it on to a flexible arm that hands near my head when ever I use it then I just push it away when I don't.

https://amzn.com/B001R76D42

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1023_.jpg
    I have that one as well and can second its awesomeness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    My sound quality on the regular HyperX Cloud is fine for its pricing. And I find the accessories very good. The detachable mic and airplane adapter are quite nice since I travel a lot as well. But those are my needs and not the OPs.

If you want good sound quality I always recommend Sennheiser but I don't know how their microphone quality is.
    I hear from everywhere that the HyperX and HyperX 2 starts to have a very buzzing sound if you have very low volume in them, Is that true?

- - - Updated - - -

I hear from everywhere that the HyperX and HyperX 2 starts to have a very buzzing sound if you have very low volume in them, Is that true?

Deleted
    I don't actually use "gamer headset" stuff any more, but I hear good things about hyperX cloud and the more expensive steelseries one

Splurge out on an Astro A50 headset.

The one I had I put on mute, took it off mute and could no longer talk to people. No troubleshooting could get it to work. Talked to their tech support and even though I listed all I did he just copy and pasted a response with what I already tried. Eventually just sent me a new USB controller. That didn't change anything. I will never recommend that shitty headset to anyone.

Deleted
    I don't know about "best for gaming", but I like wireless gaming headsets. I think that the best wireless gaming headset is the Logitech G933, and I have tried a lot