Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would much rather have raids have a more even timeline than having two/three raids in the first year and then the last one lasts a year or longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Defend View Post
    While I am dissapointed that they are delaying nighthold and putting this Stormheim raid in between, I will save my thoughts until I see the Stormheim raid and if it will be enough to hold my guild over.
    Where did they say Nighthold will be delayed? They refer to Blackrock Foundry coming out "too soon" and left Highmaul "a waste of time" but they were referring to the fact that BRF's drops were much higher ilevel, but EN & Nighthold have the same ilevels, so it'll likely be the same length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Where did they say Nighthold will be delayed? They refer to Blackrock Foundry coming out "too soon" and left Highmaul "a waste of time" but they were referring to the fact that BRF's drops were much higher ilevel, but EN & Nighthold have the same ilevels, so it'll likely be the same length of time.
    Holding something back is delaying it, AGAIN, never said it was a bad move, refer to my other comment, I actually like this choice, never said it was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    And this is a problem why? Blackrock Foundry came out too quickly after Highmaul. Let's not have that again.

- - - Updated - - -

Bro... Emerald Nightmare, Stormheim raid in 7.1, Nighthold = Tier 1. None of em is in 7.2.

Yeah, watch them put stormheim in 7.1 and then put nighthold in 7.2. Stormheim will be 1-2 bosses raid, basically nothing.

The tiers will be emerald nightmare+ nighthold+final raid. Watch blizzard treat those like 3 tiers and say "Well legion had 3 tiers"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    ...Nighthold is in 7.1, we don't know what 7.2 or 7.4 raids will be.
    What? They never said nighthold is in 7.1

Here, from the FRONTPAGE:

"Patch 7.1 has three major pieces: Karazhan, a small raid, and additional quests in Suramar."

The only thing they said is that nighthold will come in early 2017.

Now: I'm ok with this
    December: They swore this would NEVER happen again!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Facepalm.

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/zone/the-nighthold/

"Introduced in patch: 7.1"

Like I said, people are lacking basic comprehension.
    That was before they put out the new info. Read the main page. 7.1 will have a small raid. The point of the small raid was to give some content before nighthold is released(blizz words, not mine). You're stupid if you think they will both be 7.1

Here, read carefully

"Patch 7.1 has three major pieces: Karazhan, a small raid, and additional quests in Suramar."

and more quotes

"Fatboss: With the 7.1 raid, will it be slotting in between Nightmare and Nighthold?

Ion: Yes that is correct. Nighthold we see as an early 2017 raid. We felt that Foundry in WOD came out too soon after Highmaul for many of the players. We wanted to put a bit more space in between the raid tiers, so to cover that time slot we wanted to add a small raid in between there."

and

"Fatboss: Can you give a brief overview of patch 7.1?

Ion: 3 major pieces, first and foremost return to Karazhan as a mega 5 player dungeon - almost 5 player raid. Next is a small raid tied to Stormheim as well as additional chapters of Surumas - nightfallen etc. We'll see more after Legion launches. The content we've seen so far is the "tip of the iceberg", we're working on much more content. With the introduction of Mythic+ dungeons, dungeons will stay relevant throughout of the expansion."

Do you see nighthold written above? No? Common sense, use it.
    Last edited by TS26; 2016-08-19 at 07:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    First clear Emerald nightmare on mythic by the time you have Nighthold will be out.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Early 2017 isn't news. They already said January/February a month or 2 ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    Y

with this they pretty much confirmed that Nighthold will be 7.2 and 2nd raid tier of legion - well i guess we gonna get 3 tiers after all

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted0ne View Post
    Early 2017 isn't news. They already said January/February a month or 2 ago.
    People like stirring drama for personal means. Nothing new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

. With the introduction of Mythic+ dungeons, dungeons will stay relevant throughout of the expansion."
    so pretty much no new dungeons just mythic +20 till mythic + 50 etc instead new dungeons - legion will be just WoD 2.0 meh :/

My guess for the timeline.

Game launches 8/30
    Emerald Nightmare releases 9/20 (mythic 9/27)
    7.1 Launches early Dec 6 or 13th with Kara and filler raid. Used to cover the usual dev drought in December due to the holidays.
    Nighthold released (still in patch 7.1) ~1/10
    7.2 (new raid tier) launches in June
    7.3 Non raid patch Nov/Dec (probably Timeless Isle/Tannan jungle zone added here)
    7.4 (final Legion raid tier) April
    Next Expac Sept/Oct 2018 with 3-ish weeks of prepatch content similar to Legion.

2 year cycle with ~5ish months between content updates

7.1 already ready for PTR come launch means they are trying to keep the game about a patch ahead. This will allow for plenty of team members to be reallocated to the expansion almost a year before it's release if 7.4 is ready to test when 7.3 drops. Next expac gets the same level of love that Legion benefited from without causing a gap in player content.

Obviously there is a lot of wishful thinking here but I think it's at least possible. Managing tiers of content over a longer period of time is MUCH easier than trying to do an expac a year. Also given that mythic dungeons already have built in scaling it's easier to keep dungeon content relevant longer.

So basically they're doing the same thing they did with WoD, having two raids that were SUPPOSED to be the same tier, but releasing the 2nd one 3-4 months later, and having us go without tier sets for that time, and then make the 2nd raid higher ilvl to separate it from the 1st raid?

I kinda hated that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so pretty much no new dungeons just mythic +20 till mythic + 50 etc instead new dungeons - legion will be just WoD 2.0 meh :/
    did you not read the Kara dungeon announcement?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Delayed

August 30th

January 30th

5 months

"We want to do a new raid tier every 4-5 months."

Delayed
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Yeah, watch them put stormheim in 7.1 and then put nighthold in 7.2. Stormheim will be 1-2 bosses raid, basically nothing.

The tiers will be emerald nightmare+ nighthold+final raid. Watch blizzard treat those like 3 tiers and say "Well legion had 3 tiers"

- - - Updated - - -

What? They never said nighthold is in 7.1

Here, from the FRONTPAGE:

I know reading is hard, but try to read this next time so you don't spread bullshit.

Hint look at the quick facts on the right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

bla bla bla non sense
    Nighthold IS In THE FIRST TIER. It will be IMPLEMENTED in the game in 7.0 (NEWS ALERT : IT ALREADY IS !). It will be OPEN in 7.1.

THe site says "INTRODUCED in 7.1" as in playable in 7.1

But keep going with your non-sense.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    I know reading is hard, but try to read this next time so you don't spread bullshit.

Hint look at the quick facts on the right.
    Hint: Read my second post. I know reading is hard but try to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Nighthold IS In THE FIRST TIER. It will be IMPLEMENTED in the game in 7.0 (NEWS ALERT : IT ALREADY IS !). It will be OPEN in 7.1.

THe site says "INTRODUCED in 7.1" as in playable in 7.1

But keep going with your non-sense.
    Tell you what. I'll bookmark this page just to return here and remind you when you turn out to be wrong.

One more thing just to show you how wrong you are. This is blizzard's words, not mine.

"Fatboss: With the 7.1 raid, will it be slotting in between Nightmare and Nighthold?

Ion: Yes that is correct. Nighthold we see as an early 2017 raid. We felt that Foundry in WOD came out too soon after Highmaul for many of the players. We wanted to put a bit more space in between the raid tiers, so to cover that time slot we wanted to add a small raid in between there."

Now tell me, how can they put the small raid BETWEEN the raid tiers (Again, their words, not mine) whereas you claim nighthold and ED are in the same raid tier. Huh genius?
    Last edited by TS26; 2016-08-19 at 07:51 PM.

That was before they put out the new info. Read the main page. 7.1 will have a small raid. The point of the small raid was to give some content before nighthold is released(blizz words, not mine). You're stupid if you think they will both be 7.1

Here, read carefully

and more quotes

and

"Fatboss: Can you give a brief overview of patch 7.1?

Ion: 3 major pieces, first and foremost return to Karazhan as a mega 5 player dungeon - almost 5 player raid. Next is a small raid tied to Stormheim as well as additional chapters of Surumas - nightfallen etc. We'll see more after Legion launches. The content we've seen so far is the "tip of the iceberg", we're working on much more content. With the introduction of Mythic+ dungeons, dungeons will stay relevant throughout of the expansion."

Do you see nighthold written above? No? Common sense, use it.
    So let's go in order.

First you say "You're stupid if you think they will both be 7.1". GOOD THING I'm not thinking that ! Good thing to know that Nighthold IS ALREADY in the game. Log on WoW. Click on the dungeon journal,select legion, select raids. OH MAGIC !!! NIGHTHOLD IS ALREADY THERE WITH ALL THE BOSSES AND LOOT ! WHAT KIND OF SORCERY IS THIS ? ARE WE ALREADY IN THE FUTURE ?

Then you quote the whole stuff with "we wanted to put a bit more space in between the raid tiers"... yes, like he's saying before : BRF came out way too early, not giving the people enough time to finish HM properly. SO they are going to introduce a MINI raid in between those 2 raids (THAT ARE ALREADY IN THE GAME, aka patch 7.0) so you don't have to wait 5 months between the opening of the TWO RAIDS implemented in patch 7.0.

Then they're talking about the 7.1 content and you mention that Nighthold isn't mentionned. NO SHIT SHERLOCK : THE RAID IS ALREADY IMPLEMENTED. HOw hard is it to understand that in your brain ?

NIGHTHOLD. is. in. the. game. already.

Also if you think that EN + the stormheim raids are the only raids of the first tier... i dunno what to say to you. A raid tier without tier set. SEEMS FUCKING LEGIT.

Please, just get a grip and stop posting nonsense.

Homophobia is so gay.

Now tell me, how can they put the small raid BETWEEN the raid tiers (Again, their words, not mine) whereas you claim nighthold and ED are in the same raid tier. Huh genius?
    ..."Raid tiers" are not the same thing as "raids."

Emerald Nightmare + Nighthold are in the same raid tier. Much like Mogu'shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, and Terrace of the Endless Spring are in the same tier.

I'm not sure what's so hard to understand about this. 7.1 doesn't introduce a new raid tier. It introduces a new raid in the same tier. As they've done for a LONG time, the ".2" patches introduce the new raid tiers.