Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There's a difference in calling it raiding and ''real raiding''.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    For those who want to bash LFR no answer from blizzard will be good enough.
    Players singling out LFR is fine, when blizzard do it, it isn't.

Is it most ?
    Or just those that yell the loudest.

Aimed at those who want rid of it --

LFR is a consequence of the raiding community.
    The more you bash it, the more you try to push it away the more important it becomes.

It remained popular with rewards nerfed to hell, so it is bloody obvious to anyone not biased that there something more fundamentally broken with raiding as a whole that makes an inferior content and reward experience so attractive.
    Your preference is not attractive, so instead of actually trying to do something about that, you try to destroy the alternative.

I don't want it, so nobody can have it.
    Do you even read, bro?

Seriously, read what I said. Read what you said. Ask yourself it it makes sense to spew any of the drivel you threw my direction.

LFR is not real raiding. But that is fine. People who like LFR are welcome to enjoy it 24-7, as they already do. I use it myself on alts.

I'm sure hard core pvp players think the exact same way about unrated BGs. To them, it's not real pvp because it lacks so many of the things they define as integral to pvp.

It's possible to hold both the position that LFR isn't real raiding, and that it adds something to do for players who don't raid.
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2016-08-19 at 07:43 PM.

I mean, if we want to play the literal game... everyone calls Orcas killer whales, but theyre actually dolphins.

The fact of the matter is that LFR can beaten by someone who's almost brain dead. 9 out of 10 times I could go in 95% asleep and high out of my mind and still be the top performer. If you enjoy it and get off on calling yourself a "raider", great, but you need to realize how far the bar has been lowered, lol.

In my honest opinion, giving tier gear to people who complete it is an insult to the artists.
    Last edited by Shullski; 2016-08-19 at 07:45 PM.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Deleted
    will LFR in legion now drop tier gear again ? or just the crappy looking sup par stuff ? . saying that the LFR gear will be stronger than dungeon gear as usual so its good enough for the casual people to get started with.

Haha I like how they said "3 difficulties plus Raid Finder".... like Raid Finder can't even be considered as another level of difficulty, but rather something else entirely EleGiggle
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Do you even read, bro?

Seriously, read what I said. Read what you said. Ask yourself it it makes sense to spew any of the drivel you threw my direction.

LFR is not real raiding. But that is fine. People who like LFR are welcome to enjoy it 24-7, as they already do. I use it myself on alts.

I'm sure hard core pvp players think the exact same way about unrated BGs. To them, it's not real pvp because it lacks so many of the things they define as integral to pvp.

It's possible to hold both the position that LFR isn't real raiding, and that it adds something to do for players who don't raid.
    I put in a line which said "aimed at those who want rid of it".
    I saw that you were not one of those.

It appears you did not read what I said entirely.
    That was not aimed at you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I put in a line which said "aimed at those who want rid of it".
    I saw that you were not one of those.

It appears you did not read what I said entirely.
    That was not aimed at you.
    It's not my fault you are still communicating poorly after almost 20k posts. /shrug

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-08-19 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    LFR is to raiding as Grades are to Kindergarden

you are rewarded with attendance
    You can flunk Kindergarten, the same as any other grade of schooling. Since you can't even spell it, I suppose you were held back a year or 2. lol

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-08-19 at 07:53 PM.

LFR is raiding thats not the point.

The point is doing only LFR and calling yourself a "raider", you are practically accepting the fact you are brain damaged.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubaal View Post
    It is a raid with slim to no difficulty. Ive never understood why some many Heroic/Mythic players were upset over it.
    I would think because they don't want the unwashed masses touching the only thing that gives meaning to their dull, boring, and lonely lives..

Sure it's raiding... just without all the fun parts!
    WoD MIA for No Flight
    ------------------------------
    MayMay

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself

10+ Year Old Account
    They also said 6.1 was a big patch...

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    No because they would have just said 4 difficulties. Nice try though.
    Reading comprehension is a hard skill these days. They said three difficulties because there is Normal mode, Heroic Mode, Mythic mode and then they say Raid Finder. In order for them to say Raid Finder and 4 they would have to rename it. What are you going to do name it Raid Mode? Finder Mode? It's just easier to say 3 difficulty modes and Raid Finder so the confusion isn't there, but seems to be with some.

Also, if they didn't think Raid Finder was a difficulty mode then they wouldn't be addressing tier sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    This is like the whole, "REAL MEN DO X" garbage.

It's actually not that different. Throw in the random player element and it's on par. If the only way to truly "raid" is to be online at a specific time that some punk kid in another state/country determines then I'll stick to LFR, thanks.
    Yea, raiding is only to be online at a specific time. Ayylmao, just play your LFR and feel good, it's alright to faceroll a game. I mean it's like getting through GTA Singleplayer with cheats activated, just so u feel good and powerfull. It might be an exellent way to push your ego, but then again it just get destroyed everytime u look at other players which actually do something in this game then smash random buttons.
    Last edited by Nokami; 2016-08-19 at 08:00 PM.

Well, if you want to be objective, it is raiding, because you are doing a raid instance. But since I'm more interested in the subjective approach, I don't consider it raiding simply because of the great water down some mechanics suffer (mechanics which, in my opinion anyway, make a raid a raid), not to mention when they are removed altogether.

If you can just go afk and wait for the boss to die, where is the fun when your group of 25 people don't even need you to be successful?

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing i like about this all is the people bitching and saying " No its not!!!1!1!!" is the problem with LFR, Meaning its most of YOU and join an LFR have no fucking clue what to do undergeared then troll the raiding trying to get it to fail, No wonder LFR is crappy when you have most of these fourms joining up thinking its there god given right to AFK LFR and expect to be carried to loot.

I dont even know what it is, If you don't like it don't do it. its just that simple. For the last 3 expac's on my main i have done Heroics>Normal raiding. So saying doing LFR for better gear to raid is horse shit. its called you being lazy and wanna sign up for afk welfare loot while other good players are carrying you to it.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    The only time lfr could be considered raiding was probably in mop and only 3-4 bosses that required tactics to be followed.

Other than that, never ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    LFR is technically raiding (lf>R<), but well.. for the most players it's a stupid button smash simulator.

But let's be clear, for like the majority Raiding is a Environment which needs Communication, nothing else.
    So from a player perspective it's just not a raid at all, as u don't do anything you would do in a real one (HC, Mythic).
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    LFR is to raiding as Grades are to Kindergarden

you are rewarded with attendance
    Quote Originally Posted by Shullski View Post
    I mean, if we want to play the literal game... everyone calls Orcas killer whales, but theyre actually dolphins.

The fact of the matter is that LFR can beaten by someone who's almost brain dead. 9 out of 10 times I could go in 95% asleep and high out of my mind and still be the top performer. If you enjoy it and get off on calling yourself a "raider", great, but you need to realize how far the bar has been lowered, lol.

In my honest opinion, giving tier gear to people who complete it is an insult to the artists.
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    LFR is raiding thats not the point.

The point is doing only LFR and calling yourself a "raider", you are practically accepting the fact you are brain damaged.

During WOTLK first 6-7 bosses of ICC normal difficulty was even easier than WOD LFR or same, it was slightly challenging only if you had alot ppl with pvp gear/greens/heirlooms

And for groups who had ppl in proper pve gear first 6-7 ICC bosses on normal difficulty was pretty faceroll.

If you want real challenge play high rated 3x3 arena.

(during WOTLK/Cata/early MOP pre battlegroup-merge arena also was easy on most battlegroups cas most battlegroups contained only servers contained with casual players, and only few battlegroups had top pvp players, but now after battlegroup merge its not an issue anymore)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    SNIP
    Three difficulties plus Raid Finder
    I read that as three difficulties of raids. And then you have lfr.

Three raids and a lfr.

As far as expected size and "epic feel" of a raid...LFR is more of a raid than 10 man could ever dream of since let's be real, 10 man is just a larger dungeon group. As far as the expected difficulty of a raid (in relation to other game activity)... no, LFR doesn't fit the bill of a raid. So, LFR is half a raid...much like 10 man was (is) half a raid.