Deleted

Arms/Fury what spec to level as?

As the thread says I am unsure in what spec to level as with 740 + ilevel. I think at the start i will go as fury for the mobility in completing the artifact quest and the first few levels. Especially because the heals on fury on multiple enemies is low compared to arms. Thoughts?

The artifact quests are spec dependent. You do not get every spec's weapon(s). So, unless I am misreading, you cannot use Fury's mobility to get Arms' weapon. Furthermore, you cannot get another spec until 102.

Personally, I am going Fury as I find Arms painfully slow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    The artifact quests are spec dependent. You do not get every spec's weapon(s). So, unless I am misreading, you cannot use Fury's mobility to get Arms' weapon. Furthermore, you cannot get another spec until 102.

You are allowed to use the fury spec for example to get another artifact weapon, done it on beta multiple times.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really doesn't matter.

Play whatever you want. Personally I think it's a lot more fun to play fury and I've leveled as both fury and arms to 110.

The only advantage I can see is that Arms does have more consistent sustain in the form of victory rush and access to the second wind talent, so cleaning up your health between pulls is probably quicker as Arms, though you may be able to make something work by running the bloodthirst + charge talent.

Generally, with an item level over 720, you probably won't have trouble as either spec, if my dillying on the beta to 110 is any indication.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post

Fury doesn't have any more mobility than Arms, so I'm not sure what you mean, but you can change specs at any time, including during artifact acquisition scenarios.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    The only advantage I can see is that Arms does have more consistent sustain in the form of victory rush and access to the second wind talent, so cleaning up your health between pulls is probably quicker as Arms, though you may be able to make something work by running the bloodthirst + charge talent.

Generally, with an item level over 720, you probably won't have trouble as either spec, if my dillying on the beta to 110 is any indication.
    Arms is better if you pull large groups and chunk them down at once, using Victory Rush to sustain in combat and Second Wind to heal up after while you round up another group of mobs.

Fury is better for individual encounters or when taking on only a couple mobs at once. It can still handle large groups well with Odyn's Fury and Furious Charge/ER to heal up afterwords, it isn't quite as efficient due to cooldowns.

I've leveled as both, with stater (ilvl 680) characters, without much issue.

You are going Fury for legion though, right?

Dunno if I should make a new thread for this but, coming from someone who hasn't seen much of the beta, is high mountain where our class hall is? I heard that will be the most crowded zone on release probably, so doing it first might be a bad idea. Although would that put you behind in getting artifact points, etc? I want to know what is a good choice of zone order if any.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdicklance View Post
    As the thread says I am unsure in what spec to level as with 740 + ilevel. I think at the start i will go as fury for the mobility in completing the artifact quest and the first few levels. Especially because the heals on fury on multiple enemies is low compared to arms. Thoughts?
    At that gear you're gonna decimate everything so it doesn't really matter, play the spec you plan to play at 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosblade View Post
    Dunno if I should make a new thread for this but, coming from someone who hasn't seen much of the beta, is high mountain where our class hall is? I heard that will be the most crowded zone on release probably, so doing it first might be a bad idea. Although would that put you behind in getting artifact points, etc? I want to know what is a good choice of zone order if any.
    Our class hall is Valhalla, we're up in the sky and only accessible (last I checked) from krasus landing in Dalaran.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-08-20 at 03:53 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Our class hall is Valhalla, we're up in the sky and only accessible (last I checked) from krasus landing in Dalaran.
    Initially it's accessible from Dalaran, but once you've found them, each zone has it's own "jump point" two and from the Skyhold.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Initially it's accessible from Dalaran, but once you've found them, each zone has it's own "jump point" two and from the Skyhold.
    Ahh right that's at the totem pole tauren town centre place in Highmountain if I remember, don't remember unlocking any in the other zones though but good to know. Been months since I've been playing beta, shows.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4