Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    Yeah sorry that's not really correct.
    It is absolutely correct, and within that sect is a sub-sect who play WOW. Those are the ones who actively go around looking for things to be upset and butt hurt over.

Because people are childish.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CogsNCocks View Post
    It is absolutely correct, and within that sect is a sub-sect who play WOW. Those are the ones who actively go around looking for things to be upset and butt hurt over.
    I lean to the left in terms of politics but I am pretty much ambivalent regarding everything except economic policy. Including equality in wow. People on the left vote left for a varied number of reasons - a generalization of a sub-set of a group is not indicative of the group as a whole.

Or I could just say that righties complain about everything no matter the scenario, but that would be equally as incorrect as your original statement.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Only me think the recent "death equality" (if some major character dies from alliance or horde then there most be also major character death from opposite faction) hurt the lore and plot alot? Why people are obsessed with this strange "death justice"? Sometimes I just facepalm where I see posts like "Omg, we lost 3 major characters, the opposite faction only 2 or even 1 because the second wasnt important anyway, plax fix this Blizz kill moar!".

Why is this so important for some people? Would not be better for the story to leave this bullshit and just evolve how the devs really want?
    People that spend 18 hours a day on a video game tend to be a little bit abnormal in the way they think.

Just ignore it.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Please show me one fact that proves this baseless assumption. How does politics but the way have anything to do with this anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    with MOP WOW lore/storyline went huge downfall, WOTLK Lore was way more epic

in result WOW started losing subs and went from 12mills to 7mills
    Yeah sure, blame WoW sub lose on the lore. Great 10/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Yeah sure, blame WoW sub lose on the lore. Great 10/10
    I blame Green Jesus for at least 100 subscribers being lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Booohooo you are talking about it as if it's real life by using the word "propaganda".
    also the next 2 expansions were about killing orcs... I dont see why people call MoP and warlords horde favored when one is about dethroning garrosh who the alliance hate just as much as the horde and the other is about killing a bunch of orcs that have nothing to do with the current horde. You would think alliance players would be happy to kill a bunch of orcs.

Also cataclysm was not entirely horde... Why does everybody forget hyjal and the druids of the flame? even though it was less focused people greatly over exaggerate by saying "entirely horde."

10+ Year Old Account
    Look, Blizzard tries to give animosity between the Horde and the Alliance. That's completely normal - the whole game revolves around this very basic concept!

So of course, things cannot be equitable between the two. Remember cataclysm? Then MoP? And now Legion?

Without these gaps in power and/or representation, you can't manipulate feelings as well.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    also the next 2 expansions were about killing orcs... I dont see why people call MoP and warlords horde favored when one is about dethroning garrosh who the alliance hate just as much as the horde and the other is about killing a bunch of orcs that have nothing to do with the current horde. You would think alliance players would be happy to kill a bunch of orcs.

Also cataclysm was not entirely horde... Why does everybody forget hyjal and the druids of the flame? even though it was less focused people greatly over exaggerate by saying "entirely horde."
    Mainly because this is a lore discussion. Horde races have been getting better quality stories and lore for a while. So many things have happened for Alliance outside of the game.. in books, comics, etc.. or they are "technically Alliance owned areas" (Gilneas, Dalaran) ... and then you know, in Cata we had to go through a very long quest chain detailing Thralls inner life.. and marriage.. wtf?

I didn't care that much about this stuff until I saw many Horde mains complaining about SoO ... and then Admiral Taylor having a ridiculously awful death.. for the sake of parity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    and then Admiral Taylor having a ridiculously awful death.. for the sake of parity.
    Not to mention that Nazgrim is brought back to life in the Death Knight class hall quest chain, while Admiral Taylor is still feeding worms back in Draenor.

Horde fanboys will tell you that he is ghost and he is doing pretty well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Because the world of warcraft community has a sect that actively waits for a reason to be upset at anything they can. That includes any perceived idea of favoritism.

It's really just that simple, honestly. That's all there is to it.
    Yeah pretty much. There can be no class advantages we all have to feel the same or else the game is "broken" even though it's just people sucking at pvp and getting mad about it. There can be no faction that does better than the other because it would obviously be favoritism and that triggers people. If the king dies then the Warchief dies, if the Alliance lost 7 people then Horde has to lose 7 people. Who cares about story? What about my feelings?

The WoW community is just full of a bunch of whiny crybabies who will complain about anything and I mean ANYTHING. Nothing is ever good enough. Something is either too much or too little. They also seem to think they are at the center of the universe and everything revolves around them and expect their demands to be fulfilled and when they aren't that's when they jump on forums like this one and throw a little baby tantrum.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-08-20 at 01:56 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Please show me one fact that proves this baseless assumption. How does politics but the way have anything to do with this anyway?
    Because certain similar types of personality are going to be more likely to cluster around the same type of political affiliation. As we all know in politics the "left" in all its guises is basically the political affiliation of "butt hurt". The more "butt hurt" someone is, then further to the left they will swing. We can go on to draw the conclusion that the "butt hurt" community in WOW, is a sub-sect of the "butt hurt" community in real life. I can't imagine that the "butt-hurt" community in wow is sampled from the "non-butt hurt" community in real life.

Because certain similar types of personality are going to be more likely to cluster around the same type of political affiliation. As we all know in politics the "left" in all its guises is basically the political affiliation of "butt hurt". The more "butt hurt" someone is, then further to the left they will swing. We can go on to draw the conclusion that the "butt hurt" community in WOW, is a sub-sect of the "butt hurt" community in real life. I can't imagine that the "butt-hurt" community in wow is sampled from the "non-butt hurt" community in real life.
    I have seen a lot of "butt hurt" from every side. To think only one side is like that is being just as bad as the other side you are attempting to bash. Seeing things from a wider point of view helps.

I really hate how Blizzard is unable to properly write a story because of limitations like faction balance, and ofcourse that both sides apparently need to have some kind of balance of their gains and losses. in the RTS games they were able to write a proper story where characters could just be killed off and cities being destroyed. The game is enjoyable enough for its gameplay, but its lore has never been its good as it potentially could have.

Having some kind of honor towards the faction you play and arguing about it in internet is one of the dumbest and most entertaining stuff to read.
    Hi

I do not care for faction "equality", being it in victories, defeats, deaths, whatever. More often than not it simply handicaps the writers and creates underwhelming stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Mainly because this is a lore discussion. Horde races have been getting better quality stories and lore for a while. So many things have happened for Alliance outside of the game.. in books, comics, etc.. or they are "technically Alliance owned areas" (Gilneas, Dalaran) ... and then you know, in Cata we had to go through a very long quest chain detailing Thralls inner life.. and marriage.. wtf?

I didn't care that much about this stuff until I saw many Horde mains complaining about SoO ... and then Admiral Taylor having a ridiculously awful death.. for the sake of parity.
    yeah i guess i cant see it because i generally don't care who the focus is on. I actually really would like a lot of eredar lore and wouldnt give half a shit if velen was the thrall of that expansion or if we get a naga expansion with night elves. Guess i just dont look at the game that way just bugs me seeing other people complain about it.
    And i didnt complain about SoO except like the alliance i think orgrimmar should have had been damaged but i dont see it as horde favoritism i see it as blizzard not wanting to make inconvenient shit because people would just complain like always and lazyness.
    =/
    though i would hate an expansion focusing on gnomes or goblins
    Last edited by Koreche; 2016-08-20 at 05:38 PM.

Because when one faction starts "losing" a lot the people playing it might start questioning their position. Are they going to be the other faction's bitch until the end of the game? Turns out people don't like being someone else bitches. Or at least when factions are concerned.