Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

should mount speed be increased by 50% or 100%

i still think 310 % is slow maybe ad another 100% ?
    for flying mounts

No.

It's perfectly adequate, and landmass on new continents tends to be the same size every expansion, so there's no need to increase it, especially for that much.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    no there fast enough we don't need faster then light mounts.

I could see an increase to ground mount speed- I've loved the concept some people have thrown around about ground mounts traveling 50%-100% faster while on roads- but I don't think an increase to flight past 310% is anywhere near necessary.

No it should not. It's perfectly fine the way it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I could see an increase to ground mount speed- I've loved the concept some people have thrown around about ground mounts traveling 50%-100% faster while on roads- but I don't think an increase to flight past 310% is anywhere near necessary.
    This. Or maybe even a small permanent upgrade for 110% or 120% movespeed, like the 280% -> 310% for flying mounts. But 310% is more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I can agree with a slight increase on roads. Even in real life a horse has a much easier time and will go faster on a road than on a hill side with rocks and thick brush.

I'm pretty sure I saw something where completing the first part of the Legion pathfinder chain gets you a faster ground speed on the Broken Isles.

I think maybe 25% faster would be fine...more than that would be silly though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regular flying speed used to be 60%

stop bitching

Deleted
    I am more worried about the ridiculous numbers and HP pool. Ground mount movement speed could be increased slightly. Like 120-130% instead of 100%.

They should squish after each expansion. Keep HP between 5K-10K depending on spec/class and damage between 500 and 1K.

I hate seeing people doing like 20 million damage in a bg or having 2 + million hp (LEGION lvl 110).

It might be a personal thing, but high inflated numbers make no sense. I also dislike currencies where you have to pay like 14 billion south african mumbodollars or whatever for one loaf of bread.

Flight speed is 310%
    Ground Speed is 100%

Blizzard is landlocking us for the expansion until we do everything right. Other than the obvious reason people prefer flight (no obstructions, just get to the objective and be done), there is the speed issue...flight is simply faster. Why not raise ground speed then? Why, because Blizzard ground design is just terrible. Smoothed out polygons that stop mounts in their place on the terrain, hidden walls barring advancement, places in the land that the players cannot jump up to with a mount forcing you to go out of your way to get to the place; all would be magnified to excruciating levels with increased ground speeds.

Want to make people happy? Burst ground speeds. 5-6 charges on your ground mount that moves you @ 310% speeds for 6 secs. Move faster when you need it and gives us the "feeling" of doing something while mounted.

Of course Blizzard will never do this, it makes too much sense.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are bad at trolling.

I think the first part of the flying achievement will give a ground speed boost.

7+ Year Old Account
    no
    we are fast enough

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    Of course Blizzard will never do this, it makes too much sense.
    Or they won't do it because its a shit idea.

You get increased mount speed for completing the first part of the pathfinder achieve and the flight master whistle only has a 5 minute cooldown. It's better than it used to be. At least in Stormhiem, you get a grapple gun you can use on anchor points on cliff walls.

Can't wait to fly though, which the sheer verticality of some zones, they are really breathtaking. They look amazing from the ground, but I'm willing to bet they look even better from the sky with the increased view distance.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

As I was about to say, and Spunt got in first.
    There is as part of the pathfinder progression in Legion an increase to ground mount speed.
    A flying mount should not be a straight up superior choice to a flight path.
    If the directly controlled flying mount is slower then that is more than fair in my view.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I think it's fine to be honest

Also, keep in mind, at least on beta, you now have at least 3 hearthstones. One for Ogrimmar (Stormwind if you're allinace), one for dalaran, and then your regular hearthstone.

Using Suramar as an example, lets say you're a tailor and you need to make imbued silk. Well, to do that, you have to go to a very specific building in Suramar City. The fastest way to get there is actually setting your hearth to the nightfallen refuge you help build, then taking one of the handy portals there and then run a short distance to the building. It would take you longer to get there with flight, than just taking the portals and hearthing. I imagine it's similar to other crafters, since everyone doing professions in legion will eventually all need 4 sets of bracers that can only be made in Suramar.

Even though I am very pro-flight (check my cancer causing sig), I have to admit, blizzard has done a better job this time around of getting around. I still want my flight back, but it's not nearly as painful as it was in the past. Between hearth stones and the flight master whistle, no flight is a much easier pill to swallow this time around.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    I am more worried about the ridiculous numbers and HP pool. Ground mount movement speed could be increased slightly. Like 120-130% instead of 100%.

They should squish after each expansion. Keep HP between 5K-10K depending on spec/class and damage between 500 and 1K.

I hate seeing people doing like 20 million damage in a bg or having 2 + million hp (LEGION lvl 110).

It might be a personal thing, but high inflated numbers make no sense. I also dislike currencies where you have to pay like 14 billion south african mumbodollars or whatever for one loaf of bread.
    This so much, it's rediculous and only makes it annoying.