Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Question Infinite Invasions to 100?

so theres a streamer called nugiyen doing Infinite Invasions to 100 he doing the invasion and logging off at stage 4 and then logging in its basically reset the invasion so he doing it all over again,is it allowed? i mean its kind of abuse/exploit so im not sure but heared few ppl saying its nothing illegal
    can anyone verified ? thank you very much

edit more info about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    You don't get chests or bonus exp from the stage completions by doing it, you only get exp from killing mobs - which is more than enough to be fair. Logging out has nothing to do with it, it's also triggered just by walking out of the zone and back in. It's because you switch phases and is unlikely going to get you in trouble as it's no different than getting invited by a friend. People shouldn't use the word "exploit" if they don't know what exploiting actually is. It's not a bug.
    wanted to clarify since some ppl didnt get it:i didnt use this method and i dont recommend it, w/e its legal/ok or not
    Last edited by shinedowNn; 2016-08-21 at 08:08 AM.

It's not intentional and definitely not allowed. Probably going to get the banhammer if he's intentionally abusing a bug, on stream no less. You're more at risk if you're streaming it, but if you're not, the chances are that nothing will happen, but there's still a chance and I would recommend not doing this.

It's not a bug. You might get xp from the mobs, but not from finishing the invasions. You don't get boxes either.

Quote Originally Posted by shinedowNn View Post
    so theres a streamer called nugiyen doing Infinite Invasions to 100 he doing the invasion and logging off at stage 4 and then logging in its basically reset the invasion so he doing it all over again,is it allowed? i mean its kind of abuse/exploit so im not sure if to use it but heared few ppl who told me its ok
    can anyone verified if i can do this? thank you very much

You won't get the bonus xp for doing the stages again or the boxes but you can get all the xp one can earn killing/tagging mobs. It is dancing on the line of an exploit and to tell/show people what one is doing a twitch is just inviting a ban ask sodapop. So one can't afk doing it that way and do risk attracting blizz's attention even though it be a minor at best ban. Probably noticed that due to the fact the invasions still bug out at times and I have been in stage 4 and been disconnected and was able to redo it but didn't get anymore boxes or end of stage bonus's but xp from mobs is still pretty damn good.

Never understood this young generations fascination with filming themselves doing wrong things? Thought the point was to get away with it? Then they whine when caught but gave all the evidence convicting themselves by themselves. Pretty dumb for 5 minutes of you tube fame.
    Last edited by Jewsco; 2016-08-20 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    You won't get the bonus xp for doing the stages again or the boxes but you can get all the xp one can earn killing/tagging mobs. It is dancing on the line of an exploit and to tell/show people what one is doing a twitch is just inviting a ban ask sodapop. So one can't afk doing it that way and do risk attracting blizz's attention even though it be a minor at best ban. Probably noticed that due to the fact the invasions still bug out at times and I have been in stage 4 and been disconnected and was able to redo it but didn't get anymore boxes or end of stage bonus's but xp from mobs is still pretty damn good.

Never understood this young generations fascination with filming themselves doing wrong things? Thought the point was to get away with it? Then they whine when caught but gave all the evidence convicting themselves by themselves. Pretty dumb for 5 minutes of you tube fame.

im not sure how wrong is it the guy didnt seems to think he doing somthing wrong or exploting somthing, i dont want to risk my account since i have 8 lvl 100 im playing pve and rdy to play in legion

and its seems you get only experince from mobs as above said not for complete the stages again
    Last edited by shinedowNn; 2016-08-20 at 05:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    so theres a streamer called nugiyen doing Infinite Invasions to 100 he doing the invasion and logging off at stage 4 and then logging in its basically reset the invasion so he doing it all over again,is it allowed? i mean its kind of abuse/exploit so im not sure if to use it but heared few ppl who told me its ok
    can anyone verified if i can do this? thank you very much
    That would be an exploit of an error, so that isn't really permitted.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

im not sure how wrong is it the guy didnt seems to think he doing somthing wrong or exploting somthing, i dont want to risk my account since i have 8 lvl 100 im playing pve and rdy to play in legion

and its seems you get only experince from mobs as above said not for complete the stages again
    Yeah he will probably catch shit hen blizzard sees this. But the boss mobs give fuck tons of xp. Last night i was getting 100k+ for some of them on my 87 paly. Went 87-91 in a couple invasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    How do you know it was an error? He isn't getting the biggest+final reward, so why should he get locked out of the event for X hours?

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it is an exploit that is unintended. But since this is a limited time event, and he's not technically hindering anyone else I don't see it being a problem.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

people have been doing this since day 1 just to farm the shards faster

You don't have to log out, just leaving the zone is enough. It's a highly efficient way to farm experience right now, though it may not be optimal for very low levels due to no flying. If you have a friend to piggyback on, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    I believe it is an exploit that is unintended. But since this is a limited time event, and he's not technically hindering anyone else I don't see it being a problem.
    Yeah, better fix afking for rewards before this.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

meh crappy tactic...was doing 2.5 mil xp/hour realm hopping westfall stage 2...stage 2 is insane
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Why the hell are people crying exploit?

He's relinquishing the stage completion bonus and chest, for the demon grind - in particular on phase 3.

I don't think it's worth all that hassle to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einzweidrei View Post
    How do you know it was an error? He isn't getting the biggest+final reward, so why should he get locked out of the event for X hours?
    By the fact, he's logging out, to return to a reseted event, multiple times. Which isn't how the mechanic is meant to be.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You don't get the the massive XP from doing Stage 4. So, I don't get the point of anybody doing what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    You don't get the the massive XP from doing Stage 4. So, I don't get the point of anybody doing what he's doing.
    the bonus exp you get for completing stage 4 is the same exp as killing one of the stage 3 bosses

I dunno why anybody cares; it's a quick way to level an alt, which is practically the whole point of these things.

if you think anybody's gonna get banned over it you are a nutbar

It's as much of an exploit as doing stage 3 over and over for nethershards.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You can literally just join a group and leave or run outside of the zone and back in (azshara being the easiest to farm by far)... logging out is just another way, you never get saved to the different stages except stage 4 completion, maybe it's a oversight but if they fix that we will just have another thread with hundreds of pages on the us forum how that sucks, because that would indeed be a stupid fix. People have been "abusing" are much more significant bug twice (stone bug and orb bug) to one shot mobs at lower levels.

Seriously WHO CARES how fast people are levelling for one freaking week, let them.. most of the chars will literally just sit there at 100 for a while anyway.