Couple of questions (mobility and solo capabilities)

Hi there. I usually not interested in casters in most games (notable exception is dragon age 2). I tend to prefer the more visceral feel of melee. But i think mage might interest me. So, some questions:
    - Is it correct to assume that mages (arcane, specially) are the most mobile casters in the game?
    - Is fire most instant casts and as agile (gameplaywise) as it seens?
    - Will soloing old raids be improved in legion?
    thanks and sorry for the grammar, not my first language.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ksaf View Post
    Is it correct to assume that mages (arcane, specially) are the most mobile casters in the game?
    Mages as a whole are the most mobile casters of them all. However right now Fire is more mobile just because it has much more instant spells than casts. Even though Arcane has Displacement I still think it's the least mobile spec of mages.
    Is fire most instant casts and as agile (gameplaywise) as it seems?
    I don't know what you imagine by agile, but yes they can do a lot of instants, especially during combustion, and can move around within 10y of rop while doing it
    Will soloing old raids be improved in legion?
    I don't think mages were ever bad at soloing raids, it might not be as forgiving as if you would play other classes but it's just as easy if you know what to do. And mages were always one of the most gear reliant classes and that hasn't changed.

Thanks man. Gonna try to powerlevel one through invasions. Any advice on leveling spec? Fire?

Deleted
    I was thinking we are more "statically mobile". Meaning we have convenient mobility with blink and friends which is op in raiding setups, usually. Other classes might have better sustained mobility. With the removal of the sprint talent it's more clear now. Scorch and instants etc. are a good point too.

Deleted
    Thanks man. Gonna try to powerlevel one through invasions. Any advice on leveling spec? Fire?
    I would level with arcane, especially if you have heirlooms, you just one shot everything with some stacks with arcane blast. Once you are like 75 it doesn't really matter. Probably fire once you are in wod.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    well on the subject, what will be the best spec to level with? I'm only 700ilvl so my gear isn't too good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nsgid View Post
    well on the subject, what will be the best spec to level with? I'm only 700ilvl so my gear isn't too good.
    Right now the spec you level with will most likely be also the spec you play with, which is fire. You could level with fire and spend it all on arcane at 110. But I definitely wouldn't go with frost atm.