Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Far out zoom provides more information than all these lovely addons, hence why zooming out provided a strategic advantage far above what all these addons provide
    /s
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

I understand their reasoning, but it's BS that the first time everyone is hearing about it is in this interview. Addon authors have already spend massive amounts of time on their addons and now a large portion of their work for 7.1 (nighthold was available for testing on beta so most of the addons are already made for it) now has to get scrapped. That's hundreds of hours of work scrapped because blizzard decided it wasn't important enough to tell people. Really makes you wonder if they care about their community at all if the people helping their game don't even get notice.

Quote Originally Posted by bgodbgg View Post
    I understand their reasoning, but it's BS that the first time everyone is hearing about it is in this interview. Addon authors have already spend massive amounts of time on their addons and now a large portion of their work for 7.1 (nighthold was available for testing on beta so most of the addons are already made for it) now has to get scrapped. That's hundreds of hours of work scrapped because blizzard decided it wasn't important enough to tell people. Really makes you wonder if they care about their community at all if the people helping their game don't even get notice.
    We are hearing about it a patch in advance.
    That is more warning than the camera change which had exactly none.
    We don't know what discussion was ongoing with that, or when that decision was actually made.
    I agree it should have come out via a blog rather than an interview.
    Blizzard do have a tendency post-Ghostcrawler to suck at communication, and this is a prime example.

Someone doesn't like a specific change, and somehow that is equated with blizzard not caring at all about their community.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-08-20 at 08:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

some stuff like mythic imperator or the voidstar stuff in archimonde is nearly impossible to do without those addons. it would be cool if they would stop these stringent positioning stuff or whipe, that is nearly impossible to do without this kind of addons, and top guilds have there own coders for exactly this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eathdemon View Post
    blizzard has to maintain a balance between casual and cor players. hiding information does not make a fair challenge. if they are going to make fights where you need to know the exact location of the 19 other people, than yes addons should be allowed acess to that.
    I know this is an unpopular opinion, but some people don't belong in mythic.

As for chaos dealing with that mechanic i would basically say that everyone at that point runs between an area large enough to cover all healing raid wide but far enough apart the further you are from each other the easier to avoid the beams.

You can do a lot of pre planning work like setting up groups, it's basically what you do when you move mmo's. In wildstar you had to come up with actual tactics and rely on practice and not addons, which was fun and also frustrating as it was at times rather punishing with no combat rezzes.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2016-08-20 at 08:21 PM.

Dangerous. Just one more step closer to not allowing any addons to run.

Blizzard is becoming like Apple. Play the way we want you to play.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post

i think ur tinfoil hat is bit to tight, so tight its blocking off bloodflow to ur brain
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Hey don't blame them because without addons your guild is gonna boot you

I love how you're acting like this is akin to a freedom of speech issue

Absolute madness, a game designer designs their game!

Isn't that the point if Mythic is going to have any sort of value or measure.
    Blizzard quite rightly recognise that their UI is not going to suit everyone.
    Hence addons.
    They have a right to assert additional limitations on information or functionality where they deem fit.
    It just isn't a common occurrence normally.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Honestly I hate those hud maps, but I couldn't live without it. So it is great news for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    We are hearing about it a patch in advance.
    That is more warning than the camera change which had exactly none.
    We don't know what discussion was ongoing with that, or when that decision was actually made.
    I agree it should have come out via a blog rather than an interview.
    Blizzard do have a tendency post-Ghostcrawler to suck at communication, and this is a prime example.

Someone doesn't like a specific change, and somehow that is equated with blizzard not caring at all about their community.
    The problem is, even though players are getting a patch ahead warning, addon authors already developed all their content mods for nighthold and emerald nightmare during the beta. The time has already been invested. Just because blizzard is gating finished content to make it advanced warning. The hours, no DAYs have been wasted on features that will now never be seen by anyone. It's a huge communication failure. I just literally deleted several days worth of hard work from my mods a few minutes ago. Poof, all that work gone in an instant. 3/4rd of mods in nighthold all heavily used UnitPosition based hudmaps to improve visuals for lots of mechanics blizzard did a half assed job of displaying themselves. Repeatedly in feedback threads people were like "this needs an arrow that needs an arrow". Well blizzard didn't do it, so I did. So much for that :\

To make this perfectly clear, whatever restrictions blizzard imposes I abide and have no issue with that. It's just the level of communication (or lack there of) that's unacceptable. It's not just one time either it's pretty consistently over and over again.
    "oh, we meant to break camera sooner but forgot, but well, there it is".
    "oh, we been planning to break addons for a while now but decided to wait until we were done doing it before telling you"
    Last edited by MysticalOS; 2016-08-20 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalOS View Post
    The problem is, even though players are getting a patch ahead warning, addon authors already developed all their content mods for nighthold and emerald nightmare during the beta. The time has already been invested. Just because blizzard is gating finished content to make it advanced warning. The hours, no DAYs have been wasted on features that will now never be seen by anyone. It's a huge communication failure. I just literally deleted several days worth of hard work from my mods a few minutes ago. Poof, all that work gone in an instant. 3/4rd of mods in nighthold all heavily used UnitPosition based hudmaps to improve visuals for lots of mechanics blizzard did a half assed job of displaying themselves. Repeatedly in feedback threads people were like "this needs an arrow that needs an arrow". Well blizzard didn't do it, so I did. So much for that :\
    We see last minute changes to encounters, as shown by the regular updates during race progression and even beyond that.
    The addon authors often have to try and keep up with those.
    You make it sound like adjustment are some new issue.
    In fact getting this much warning is unusual, and a good thing.
    I just don't like the way they communicated it.

What we can't say for certain is that mechanics seemingly reliant on such arrows won't see adjustments as a result.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I like addons that provide ease of access and better UI, but when addons start becoming mandatory Blizzard needs to step in. Iskar Assist should have been hotfixed non-functional the moment it became mandatory.
    It was never mandatory, I never used it.

With this change bosses like kormrok/archimonde anything that remotely makes you spread in a room that is small and becomes a cluster fuck and this boss will take at least a month more to be killed by a big % of the guilds and that is even if they actually manage at all to kill it.

Based on previous expansions people cannot for the love of me move proper or pay attention to their chars without addons and this is a very bad change for the community who have been playing with this Crutch for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Any addon that helps with boss abilities shouldn't function. Either you learn it or react based on visual/audio queues that are native to the encounter.
    Also remove castbar, nameplates, buff/debuff indication, cooldown timers and let players have fun with this shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I'm not so sure I fully agree. Yes, perhaps they'll need to write couple of lines about it in a blog or forum post, but I think these Gamescom community interviews they've been doing are perfect for announcements and community Q&A - it's as close to 'live' community updates it gets. I like it a lot.

While I sympathize with addon authors who've put in time and effort - I also understand why Blizzard couldn't out the information earlier. And getting it one full patch (4-5 months) earlier is not really *that* bad. It's actually quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    It was never mandatory, I never used it.
    Same. I get irrationally angry when people can't handle ExtraActionButton mechanics.

Ultraxion was the first if I remember right. Its literally as simple as keybinding it and pressing it when its needed. WOW!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    I'm worried that it will decrease fight complexity. I prefer complex fights with radars than simple sights.
    Yeah wrought chaos/focused chaos was so complex with the radar. Like watching the traffic light ... literally.
    Just allow more room for error 2 hits average, 3 not instagib and without radar easily a better and more engaging mechanic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    I'm worried that it will decrease fight complexity. I prefer complex fights with radars than simple sights.
    It was discussed in that stream as well. They don't have any intention to decrease complexity.