Thread: Squat Toilets

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They were more common 30 years ago. But most have been replaced. There's still one in a bar 10 minutes from my place.
    They're a bit of a pain to install: since they take a bit of space the common solution is to raise the floor, and that's a problem if you also want the place to be accessible. There's workarounds, but it's less than ideal. I doubt they'll ever make much of a comeback: people like sitting and using their phones.

Solution: Build toilets with an optional built it "squatty potty"that can be pulled out from the base of the toilet

Squatty Potty:

How it works:

Everyone wins!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    You have much to learn padawan
    Not as long as my legs have to support the weight of 3-4 Japanese women.
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2016-08-20 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Can't recall ever seeing any when I was in France, but when I was in Greece about 15 years back, yeah, squat toilets were pretty common.
    They are fairly common at motorway service stations.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    In america, we're too fat to hold that position to finish dropping the deuce.
    I wanna say something but its easier to just how many fat people do you know that cant squat to shit? it would take seconds to go for anyone who isnt constipated
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Solution: Build toilets with an optional built it "squatty potty"that can be pulled out from the base of the toilet

Squatty Potty:

[IMG]https://vw-squattypotty.storage.googleapis.com/uploads/2015/10/08/images/ecco-pack-two.jpg[IMG]

How it works:

[IMG]http://www.flexibilityrx.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Squatty-Potty.png[IMG]

Everyone wins!
    Yeah except when your belly prevents your legs from bending that far and just crushes your lungs instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    I don't see why you couldn't lay on the squat toilet posted by Endus. Just make it a little deeper and trim the edges down.
    Given this idea, maybe that's WHY the squat toilet is more popular?

Squat toilet was a misnomer to keep us from "being savages" and learning to lay with our poops, probably! Theses are really all lay down toilets and we've been holding ourselves to higher standards of decency for decades for no reason!

Anyone who supports sitting toilets is as shamed into inhuman etiquette as someone who never tried anything outside Missionary! What abominable ruse!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    I dont think I have the balance to use one do yu have ones where you can hold on to something?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Yeah except when your belly prevents your legs from bending that far and just crushes your lungs instead.
    Which is why the "squatty" would be optional. If you cannot or do not wish to use it...don't.

Deleted
    The problem is that the asians get confused by our proper toilets and end up balancing on tiptoes on the rim of our western toilets. Shit gets everywhere. I have personal video footage for proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    I dont think I have the balance to use one do yu have ones where you can hold on to something?
    You don't have the balance to squat?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    The problem is that the asians get confused by our proper toilets and end up balancing on tiptoes on the rim of our western toilets. Shit gets everywhere. I have personal video footage for proof.
    Your avatar is eerily accurate for this thread.

i wish they'd become the norm in america, tbh. it's a much more comfortable position and makes things easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post

Squatty Potty:

How it works:

Everyone wins!
    If you're going to link squatty-potties at least link the video :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Have you used one ? If so, well done they look difficult to use, and not good if you have bad knees.

Squat toilets have caused a bit of controversy in the "Land down under" this week.

A Australian Government department (tax office), wants to put squat toilets into a building to
    accommodate the needs of its Asian & Middle Eastern staff.

However, those with a right wing leaning have raised the issue..

Why can't these immigrants use the normal Western lid toilet. Why do we have to change to their standards instead
    of these immigrants adopting to our Australian way of life & lid toilets ?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ren...d90ddcf21561e9

Has Germany & the many places in Europe that have recent refugees built squat toilets for its changing population ?

Picture of Squat toilet..
    They migrate to the country (Australia in case) so therefore, they have to ingrate into Australian Culture. If they really want squat toilets, they can build one at THEIR home.

The thing is about migration, you are joining on a culture you are migrating to. Don't expect to let the country learn your culture.

I am a migrant to Australia, and I have to learn their way. Easy as that. No excuses really. If you don't learn Australian Culture (mainly, the major one in there), then you can kindly get the fuck out of the country.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's just a cultural difference. Squat toilets are supposedly "better" in that it's a more natural position and aids with elimination. Not as good for playing games on you iPhone, though.

They're not really "more dirty"; people always post images of the above taken in terrible locations, but if you go to the average gas station bathroom, it probably looks pretty terrible too. They can look a lot nicer;

Compare to a terrible Western-style toilet;

Location and upkeep matter WAY more than what type of toilet it may be.

Can't recall ever seeing any when I was in France, but when I was in Greece about 15 years back, yeah, squat toilets were pretty common.
    It's much more then that. A sitting toilet gives you 2 traps preventing unwanted sewer gas from entering your home or bathroom.

I'm fine with some things to help them fit in , but there is a limit why should we change everything to accommodate them? Instead of them trying to fit in? They need to give and change a bit themselves.

If i go to china or egypt etc to live i do not expect them to change everything to suit me. I'd learn their language etc and try to fit in not demand they change.

Deleted
    I used one once, just once. I was scared of getting shit on my jeans as the toilet itself was so messy.

Ya know, you can achieve the same pooping orientation with a western toilet by simply leaning over like you're looking at something on the floor between your feet. You don't need to use any special foot stool or perform gymnastics.
    Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    If you're going to link squatty-potties at least link the video :-)

The video made me order 3 squatty potties.

Never used one before. How does a disabled person use one do they have to sit on the floor? And what about diarrhea does shit just go everywhere?