Thread: Squat Toilets

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just have them install lids that you can squat on?

Quote Originally Posted by alzoron View Post
    Ya know, you can achieve the same pooping orientation with a western toilet by simply leaning over like you're looking at something on the floor between your feet. You don't need to use any special foot stool or perform gymnastics.
    Yeah I've always done this naturally...

On topic: squat toilets look like aiming/diarrhea spray would be an issue...not for me of course, I am female and therefore poop out rainbows and sunflowers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    You don't have the balance to squat?
    more like the feeling I am gonna keel over but I guess its something you have to practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    It's much more then that. A sitting toilet gives you 2 traps preventing unwanted sewer gas from entering your home or bathroom.
    To prevent the gas coming back, only one trap is required. The double trap is a mechanism to create a siphon and evacuate the contents more rapidly. There are other, and more common in my experience, mechanisms that don't rely on two traps.
    With squatting toilets we also install a trap. Only difference is that it's not incorporated into the body of the bowl.
    Last edited by nextormento; 2016-08-20 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Never used one before. How does a disabled person use one do they have to sit on the floor? And what about diarrhea does shit just go everywhere?
    Was wondering the same lol Shit would go everywhere, nobody can completely control the direction of explosive diarrhea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    If you're going to link squatty-potties at least link the video :-)

Thank goodness someone linked this
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    i've used them when i went over to Japan.

They're gross.
    Hi

Thought this would be about the squatty pottys ive seen on amazon

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Thought this would be about the squatty pottys ive seen on amazon
    Those are the best. If you look down you see running water. Don't need to flush.

Seen and used them- not enjoyable in the least. Especially public (squat) toilets.

For one, it's rather uncomfortable to go in that position. Secondly, clothing can be an issue when you have to squat like that. Third, um... endurance. Forth, splash and odor.

It's pretty much the worst.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    It's much more then that. A sitting toilet gives you 2 traps preventing unwanted sewer gas from entering your home or bathroom.
    In case you didn't know. You can do almost anything with plumbing pipes under the floor. Shit you could add 3 traps if you wanted.

Not progressive enough I demand a designated shitting street.

Google it.

We can't be so intolerant to their culture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Not progressive enough I demand a designated shitting street.

Google it.

We can't be so intolerant to their culture.
    No mate, take the poo to the loo.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    In case you didn't know. You can do almost anything with plumbing pipes under the floor. Shit you could add 3 traps if you wanted.
    S-type traps were coded out here in the US a long time ago, unless you live in a really backwater community. While true you can trap as many times as you want, the advantage that a sitting toilet gives you is an internal trap before you hit the floor. Once you hit the floor and you gotta clog, which are very prone to S-type traps you have to snake or rip up the floor. In addition, S-Type traps require you have to 4 90' surfaces vs a standard american drainage system which in practicality requires you to have only one which is in the toilet. In addition to all of that, you have way more seals that can fail. No matter how you wanna spin it, it's poor design

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Yes I have used them several times when I was abroad.
    When I was in Brazil over a decade ago, they were in alot of places. Felt odd at first being in that stance, then it was awesome.

I recommend a squatty potty. Got my GF one, she loves it, I almost prefer poopin at her place since roommate said no to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yeah I've always done this naturally...

On topic: squat toilets look like aiming/diarrhea spray would be an issue...not for me of course, I am female and therefore poop out rainbows and sunflowers.
    When I first heard of this whole squatting thing and how sitting was bad I thought the whole world was crazy. I mean, were people drinking tea and trying to balance books on their heads while using a western toilet? Lean forward guys, it doesn't take a genius to figure it out.
    Signature not found

They were pretty common years ago in rural areas and even cities where I live, thank god progress came along and it's pretty hard to see one of those now. I don't care it's more natural when it's so damn uncomfortable and hard for elderly to use.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    In america, we're too fat to hold that position to finish dropping the deuce.
    ROFL. Good one!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    You don't have the balance to squat?
    Not flat footed, no, and my leg strength isn't currently suited to staying on the balls of my feet for 10 minutes at a time.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Have you used one ? If so, well done they look difficult to use, and not good if you have bad knees.

Squat toilets have caused a bit of controversy in the "Land down under" this week.

A Australian Government department (tax office), wants to put squat toilets into a building to
    accommodate the needs of its Asian & Middle Eastern staff.

However, those with a right wing leaning have raised the issue..

Why can't these immigrants use the normal Western lid toilet. Why do we have to change to their standards instead
    of these immigrants adopting to our Australian way of life & lid toilets ?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ren...d90ddcf21561e9

Has Germany & the many places in Europe that have recent refugees built squat toilets for its changing population ?

Picture of Squat toilet..
    I agree that they should learn to use a "normal" (lid toilet). It is more sanitary. Also, immigrants/refugees should adapt to the country they are now living in (since they abandoned their homeland to live in a new place). I highly doubt that their home country would install a lid toilet for your convenience.

Besides, that "squat" toilet just looks nasty, I wouldn't even use it if I was desperate- I would go outside and find a tree or bush. I used to do plumbing while I was in grad school and that installation is just terrible and sloppy.

In the USA, people sue over anything. I can imagine someone trying to squat, falling and hurting themselves then suing for mils.