Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    He exhibits the same exact problem that everyone else tends to exhibit at the fundamental level when challenging something that is debatable:

He never states what he wants to replace the thing.

This is also the crux at why quitting addictive habits is impossible. What do you do instead? Without any "insteads" to do, or even a suggestion of such things to do instead, the original proposal becomes a meaningless white noise complaint of no positive net value.

Often, whether or not alternatives are suggested is literally the lighthouse you search for in a debate storm. If your opponent cannot suggest alternatives, then even if their proposal is correct they've demonstrated they aren't worthy enough to heed and that subtracts from the value of their argument.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Oh no...violence and nudity.

Well, maybe the nudity aspect can be restrained a bit. But who cares about violence?

- - - Updated - - -

But school doesn't go from the moment you wake to the moment you sleep. If it did the suicide rate would be up.

Kids have free time too.
    Free time for sports, homework, reading, chores.

Deleted
    Its a form of entertainment. You should also ask " should adults watch movies, should they listen to music, should they do anything entertaining?" pfff... stupid...

If you like it, knock yourself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Some of the comments concede he has a point that adults care too much about video games or play them too much which is why I posed the question of whether or not he has a point but is being too extreme about it.
    He cares too much about having an opinion. I'd maybe care more if he had an opinion about something that matters.

Deleted
    I have a counter-argument ; That person should man up to his responsibility and stop spouting ignorant misinformation, as a favor for mankind.

I would ban kids from video games and the internet.

Video games should be considered a level 1 gateway electronic drug.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-08-21 at 09:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I would ban kids from video games and the internet.
    You'd have to ban yourself first, tho

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    You'd have to ban yourself first, tho
    I'm an adult, not a kid.

Deleted
    I'm an adult, not a kid.
    You say a lot of things.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    You say a lot of things.
    And I have no idea who you are, stop stalking me please.

15+ Year Old Account
    Childeren should not playing video games until they are 18.

The current generation is totaly fucked up, only living online.

Let them go outside again (ehh no, not pokemon) and build treehouses and such.

Spend time on education and such. Once they are grown they can decide if they want to waste their time.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    I already quoted that on the first page. Near the top too
    Some things are worth restating.

He's a pretty funny guy and I wish he'd make more videos about Canada and things like that rather than his silly "I'm getting old" ideology videos. This is just straight up old man talk.

I'm extremely grateful that I was born when I was. When I'm old and in a retirement home, instead of sitting in a patchy armchair staring out the window I'll have hundreds of innovative, fun and interesting games to play. Thanks to video games getting old won't be a miserable tedium for my generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Doesn't arthritis/joint pain get in the way?

I don't even need to watch this video to know this man is full of verbal diarrhea

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, he can tell adults what they should not do all day long however as long as his reasoning for it is basically based on a series of arguments involving tradition and social expectations he won't succeed as Youtube's official drill sergeant for proper adult behavior.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Videos have evolved with 2 generations. Millennials (80s and 90s babies) and the parents of Millennials (whatever generation that is). The people making games now are making from those 2 generations making games for their peers or games they can play with their kids. Retirees are playing games. My aunt watches people play games on Twitch because my cousins and I have moved away or don't have as much time so can't watch us. Anyone who says games can't be for adults is stuck in the 1950s.

I run a guild. One of my members has a kid as old as me. Games are for kids?

Games are for everyone, like you can find board/tabletop for everyone.

I play Monopoly (tough love) and Sorry with my nephew, I play Cards Against Humanity with older people.

People who try to force the "I'm an adult so I must like this and not like this" tend to become out of touch with reality and the joys of life, stuck in their mundane boring lives where they create unnecessary stress trying to appear "adult". You're an adult? Pay your bills? Do what you like. Seriously. Do what makes you happy (as long as its legal).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Doesn't arthritis/joint pain get in the way?
    Gaming isn't as demanding as you might think if you're not playing competitively/playing at your own pace. Mouses and keyboards can be adjusted as needed, Modern controllers aren't as strenuous as older ones and modern consoles (PS4 at least) have a lot of accessibility features. Controllers mimic everyday hand positions

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    I think, you become an adult when you stop asking what adults 'should' do and make your own decisions.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Considering the majority of decent games are actually only intended for adults...

Well they could opt for Alzheimer's instead.