10+ Year Old Account

suramar and world quests

world quests is the equivalent of adventure mode in diablo 3 which is supposed to provide replayability taking u all around broken isles zones, but i also hear suramar is the endgame zone just like tanaan jungle. whats the difference ? what would i want to do in endgame solo content ?

Suramar is insanely story-driven, and possibly the most well-crafted and beautiful zone in the game. It also gives a butt load of AP early on so there's tons of incentive to quest there. What more reason do you need?

If you ever want to unlock Arcway or Court of Star which are mythic-only dungeons you have to progress through Suramar. The quest chains in Suramar also already give a lot of artifact power too.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    If you ever want to unlock Arcway or Court of Star which are mythic-only dungeons you have to progress through Suramar. The quest chains in Suramar also already give a lot of artifact power too.
    This is another important reason.

Also, I want to add in something I didn't point out in my previous post which is that Suramar is nothing like Tanaan. Comparing the two is like comparing a single rotten apple to a bountiful, ripe fruit harvest.

Yes, there are world quests. Some of them have bars like bonus objectives. Most of them don't. All of them have voice-acted quest text and context that the Tanaan Objectives never had. And as I said, and though this might be subjective, Suramar is hands down the most impressively detailed and artistically beautiful zone in the game. Tanaan had its moments in some spots, but it pales in comparison to anything you'll see in Suramar. Suramar's story is well-crafted as well, and it contains a very large amount of quests that help to tell that story in a good way. The ancient mana system feels relatively fun (I like giving crack to crack whores. ) and you unlock teleporters which help you traverse the zone in a relatively easy manner.

I wouldn't compare Suramar to Tanaan Jungle. As others have said: Suramar is a story driven level 110 questing area that provides you with LOTS of Artifact Power for your weapon(s), reputation with a valuable faction and access to Suramar City itself (along with the dungeons within that you can't queue for).

Tanaan Jungle was a daily quest spam hub with no quest lines beyond the intro.

Suramar is like any of the other questing zones, just only accessible at 110 so the rewards are aimed at max level rewards rather than XP.

Biggest drawback of Suramar is the absolutely horrible disguise mechanic.

I cannot wait for flying so that shit is rendered irrelevant.

Some other negatives include: Reputation gating of the story and all of the secondary quest chains really being pointless storywise. Suramar is about the Nightborne and Nightfallen, but its populated with a bunch of dumbass side quests like helping a Nightfallen who is obviously going to betray you the second he can with getting more power...who then immediately betrays you the second he can. Or trying to establish a small irrelevant group of Night Elves a tiny village. Or trying to help out some random Vrykul who are fighting the Naga.

Remove the disguise mechanic and tying what is essentially "part 2" of the Nightfallen story to their reputation mechanic, and Suramar would be far better. Otherwise its a pretty mediocre end-game zone deliberately built to be a time sink.

Suramar is pretty much my only actual issue with Legion in its entirety: It works almost exclusively like a patch zone (Like the Isle of Thunder or Quel'danas), when it should work just like any other zone, but just at 110. It definitely feels much more grindy and time-sink based than Netherstorm/Shadowmoon Valley or Icecrown or Twilight Highlands or WoD Nagrand. I would say that it would make it on part with the Vale from MoP, but the Vale was a tiny zone that you just visited for your Golden Lotus daily (ignoring your capital) until you hit exalted for the story. Whereas in Suramar, you're in the zone for much, much longer due to just simply how...long they made it take to do anything.

The "unrelated" secondary quest chains mentioned earlier aren't even really an issue as a core concept, just that a LOT of them drag on for far too long. The Vrykul nonsense is about an hour longer than it should be, as is the Demon Hunter quest chain or "help the random Nightfallen dude collect all the pointless bullshit." And the reason it takes so long in most of these cases? The return of the beloved "collection quests with incredibly low drop rates."
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-08-08 at 10:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Biggest drawback of Suramar is the absolutely horrible disguise mechanic.

I cannot wait for flying so that shit is rendered irrelevant.

Some other negatives include: Reputation gating of the story and all of the secondary quest chains really being pointless storywise. Suramar is about the Nightborne and Nightfallen, but its populated with a bunch of dumbass side quests like helping a Nightfallen who is obviously going to betray you the second he can with getting more power...who then immediately betrays you the second he can. Or trying to establish a small irrelevant group of Night Elves a tiny village. Or trying to help out some random Vrykul who are fighting the Naga.

Remove the disguise mechanic and tying what is essentially "part 2" of the Nightfallen story to their reputation mechanic, and Suramar would be far better. Otherwise its a pretty mediocre end-game zone deliberately built to be a time sink.

Suramar is pretty much my only actual issue with Legion in its entirety: It works almost exclusively like a patch zone (Like the Isle of Thunder or Quel'danas), when it should work just like any other zone, but just at 110. It definitely feels much more grindy and time-sink based than Netherstorm/Shadowmoon Valley or Icecrown or Twilight Highlands or WoD Nagrand. Even worse than the Vale in MoP honestly.
    The disguise mechanic becomes much easier once you have access to a few items sold by various Nightborne in Suramar.

e.g. An item that auto triggers a vanish when you are detected.

I enjoyed the Vrykul + Naga quest chain, but the elven and their animal friends one I didn't like as much.

The disguise mechanic becomes much easier once you have access to a few items sold by various Nightborne in Suramar.

e.g. An item that auto triggers a vanish when you are detected.
    I've leveled 4 characters to 110 on the beta and have most of the "make this mechanic less awful" stuff but polishing a turd is still, at its core, a turd.

I'm going to predict a LOT of complaints about how stupid the mechanic is when the game launches. Hopefully they just severely reduce the number of mobs that expose you or do something to make it less godawful.

I got to the 6/12k honored quest chain for the Nightfallen but just gave up after because it was almost all in Suramar City at that point. And I have no desire to do anymore of that crap.

I'll give Blizzard one thing: Suramar is a great answer to the children crying for legacy servers. Because the zone is as monotonous as a Vanilla 50+ zone: Few quests that have very low drop rates, centered around an annoying-to-maneuver area filled with elites and shitloads of max level mobs that will mow your ass down the second you sneeze. I hate that and always have (Even back in Vanilla), but hopefully this'll shut those people up or make them realize they're hardcore nostalgia-ing on the idea of Vanilla zones.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-08-08 at 10:31 AM.

Suramar actually is not that much fun. It's better than Tanaans Apexis Dailies... but let's face it.. .that isn't saying much.

Suramar is tedious... over populated with stunning, slowing, dismounting mobs.

Have fun farming Ancient Mana... yet another grind mostly so you can earn rep for Nightfallen wish is purposefully earned MUCH less than other BI factions.

Until flying is released, Suramar will be a negative force in the game... world questing in general (after the new wears off) blows without flying.

There is absolutely going to be a flood of tears from all the whining and complaining about Suramar's disguise mechanic. Its very easy to find yourself quickly overwhelmed, followed by a lengthy corpse run.

That said, I enjoy sense of dread and having to carefully traverse the area. That's something WoW has been missing for years and its nice to see it return. It wouldn't surprise me if flying isnt allowed over Suramar whenever its added, its already the one area where they restrict any items that propel you into the air.

I'll give Blizzard one thing: Suramar is a great answer to the children crying for legacy servers. Because the zone is as monotonous as a Vanilla 50+ zone: Few quests that have very low drop rates, centered around an annoying-to-maneuver area filled with elites and shitloads of max level mobs that will mow your ass down the second you sneeze. I hate that and always have (Even back in Vanilla), but hopefully this'll shut those people up or make them realize they're hardcore nostalgia-ing on the idea of Vanilla zones.
    What? Are you upset that you can't just go AFK mode or faceroll everything down now? I quite like the idea of actually having to pay attention and play the game unlike the supreme snoozefest that was WoD.
    I like content that I can't just blitz through in a week.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2016-08-08 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    What? Are you upset that you can't just go AFK mode or faceroll everything down now? I quite like the idea of actually having to pay attention and play the game unlike the supreme snoozefest that was WoD.
    I like content that I can't just blitz through in a week.
    Yes clearly I'm upset that I can't just afk and win. You caught me.

Some of these complaining is just sad

"ITS HARD WITHOUT FLYING ;-; I CANT TAKE HAVE TO RUN A LITTLE"

u wot?

"ITS TEDIOUS AND ACTUALLY HAS SOME STUFF GOING ON THAT MAKES IT NOT UBER EASY"

u wot?
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Its sad when you grossly exaggerate and mischaracterize what people are saying.

I'm fine with highly dangerous areas. I'm fine with elites. I'm fine with no flying in certain areas (I actually really like the hookshot mechanic in Stormheim and in some areas of Suramar). But far be it from me to DARE to say that having a shitload of elites in a tightly confined area, a ton of which can instantly remove your disguise resulting in almost certain death, is a bad game mechanic.

OR that I don't think a LAUNCH zone should have reputation gated mechanics like how a lot of previous PATCH zones worked, designed to just make the experience take far, far longer than it should.

Clearly that means I dont want to work for anything and just want to afk faceroll. Christ you people remind me of the WoD fanboys going after anybody who said anything wrong during the alpha/beta when we were seeing the multitude of problems developing.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-08-08 at 07:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm personally extremely excited for the reputation gate and I enjoy the Suramar quest lines enough to do them for rep. WOD reputations were such a disappointment and relatively useless to get.

As far as the "certain death" mechanic, they're easily avoidable if you're aware of your surroundings. Everything that can break you has a glowing eye above it's head. To be honest, it fits in with the story line. Why would they make being a secret spy in a large city easy?

I'm sorry that you don't like the fact that the max level content we get at launch is suppose to take a while. To each his own, though.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Yes clearly I'm upset that I can't just afk and win. You caught me.
    Still trolling the forums after all these years, I see? Glad to see that hasn't changed.

How anyone can play Suramar and not like it is beyond me. It's virtually miles above any other zone we've had in the entire existence of this game, in terms of not only questing, but also visuals, music and overall ambiance as well.

I've leveled 4 characters to 110 on the beta and have most of the "make this mechanic less awful" stuff but polishing a turd is still, at its core, a turd.

I'm going to predict a LOT of complaints about how stupid the mechanic is when the game launches. Hopefully they just severely reduce the number of mobs that expose you or do something to make it less godawful.

I got to the 6/12k honored quest chain for the Nightfallen but just gave up after because it was almost all in Suramar City at that point. And I have no desire to do anymore of that crap.

Says the guy who has already done it 4 times before the game is even live.

No wonder you hate it mate. Most people will do it once or possibly twice ever.

Your supposed to enjoy it not overdose. Thats your problem right there
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Says the guy who has already done it 4 times before the game is even live.

No wonder you hate it mate. Most people will do it once or possibly twice ever.

Your supposed to enjoy it not overdose. Thats your problem right there
    This makes no sense.

It was stupid the first time. It was stupid the second time. It was stupid the third time. And it was stupid the fourth time. As I even said, it was the most obnoxious the first time, and the least obnoxious the fourth. That doesn't suddenly mean its not obnoxious.

I have no idea why you decided my comments were only regarding the fourth time. Furthermore nothing I posted there had anything to do with repetition.

I've done Stormheim about 8 times now all the way through and I don't find it boring.

So, no, sorry. You're completely mistaken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    How anyone can play Suramar and not like it is beyond me. It's virtually miles above any other zone we've had in the entire existence of this game, in terms of not only questing, but also visuals, music and overall ambiance as well.
    How? See I listed those things out.

No, its not miles above other zones. It's tedious and constantly throwing time sinks in your face despite being a launch zone.

Which is a shame since the other four zones are pretty fantastic. Even Highmountain, which is pretty boring, is way better than Suramar.

The mana mechanic is stupid. The reputation gating in a LAUNCH zone is stupid. The disguise mechanic in the city is tedious and stupid. At least the withered training is fun.

But please go on more with how I'm "trolling" because I dare not like something.