Deleted

Question Can someone take a quick look at my planned setup + question?

So i planned out this build using some ideas from the BotM (August) edition. And i still have some Questions and maybe you gyus can shave off some bucks at some point to lower the price?
    The budget WAS supposed to be ~1k. i went a little over with around 1250 (Euros) right now but what can you do? (I got the money, i just dont wanna spent so if i is 1.2 its 1.2 what ever)

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/D72Jf8
    The GTX 1060 should come at around ~350 euros so im at ~1200 with windows but without a monitor (see bottom of post).

Im still not sure about the power supply as i didnt find the exact one form the BotM and there are like 10 different eVAG 650 on amazon for me... also cant i just use lets say a "Corsair VS 650W ATX" (as listed in my build atm) ? its half the price and i dont really know whats important about a power supply.

I really was not pleased with the price of the BotM Case so i just went and listed the cheaper one (NZXT Source 210 Elite). I know that the GTX1060 crad will be somewhat long for that case but according to the manufacturer it should fit (while "blocking a drive"). Does someone know if this actually matters in this case? can recommend a cheaper Case that suits my build?. Not spending 100bucks on a metal box when im allready over budged :/
    Oh and same goes for the Heatsink. Is mine ok or do i need a better one? not planning on any crazy clocking atm.

Also im not sure if i listed the right mainboard cause there are a few different version for example the GAMING version M5 and M7... But the one i listed should be fine right?

ALSO: im still looking fpr a monitor. Since im allready over budged i would like to keep it below 200euro. Is there one i could get that actually suits the GTX 1060? keep in my that i dont play fps or can actually diiferentiate between 100 and 120 fps... my eyes are garbage anyways. Also im in favor of smaller sized monitors so preobabaly nothing like 26'' or something like that 22 or 21 or what ever the standart is nowadays is totally fine.
    This doesnt hurry as i have one of my older monitors stillaround for now. Would just be noce to get it all in one go.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by mmocb0b130a6cd; 2016-08-21 at 12:52 AM.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (€233.79 @ Mindfactory)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (€30.79 @ Aquatuning)
    Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€141.90 @ Mindfactory)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory (€78.89 @ Mindfactory)
    Storage: OCZ TRION 150 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€63.79 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€52.77 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card (€290.07 @ Mindfactory)
    Case: Corsair SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case (€60.84 @ Mindfactory)
    Power Supply: XFX XTR 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€86.30 @ Mindfactory)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSC0 DVD/CD Writer (€14.59 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Monitor: Asus VX238H 23.0" Monitor (€137.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Other: Windows 10 - Kinguin.net (€24.99)
    Total: €1216.71
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-21 03:11 CEST+0200

For the power supply you get 5-10 EUR off if you get a non-modular PSU but I really suggest getting a decent PSU for an overclocking build (if you're not overclocking you shouldnt be buying K processor). Case is not simply a metal box, everyone who ever worked with a cheap case knows that.
    Last edited by Thunderball; 2016-08-21 at 01:11 AM.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    ok thx. ill have a look at it. I said i donr plan on clocking atm but ill sure try in some time. Just gonna get basic stuff sorted first. Sorry for that misunderstanding
    As for the case: back when i build a bunch of PCs just for fun recycling parts form my dads office i came to teh conclusion that cases are... well lets say i build a lot of stuff in IKEA storage boxes, wooden frames, fucking cardboard... simpler times

what ever ill get a decent case i promise

Whats the difference between the Windforce OC and the strix? and is there a testreport to be found on them? so many diffrent custom 1060. Why is BotM listing the strix in particular? EDIT: so uhm Windforce OC has slightly higher (basically almost the same) clock speed in basic and boost... but its like 70 bucks cheaper? ok...

will see about that w10 key. just listed it to show that i still need one. Guess Windows is a thing of its own
    Last edited by mmocb0b130a6cd; 2016-08-21 at 01:39 AM.

STRIX is a gaming enthusiast version from ASUS, made for OC. Has reinforced PCB and extra additional power connector. Windforce OC is a basic factory OC version from Gigabyte, Gigabyte's counterpart to STRIX is G1 Gaming.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    ok. From what i have read just in a few minutes: is it actually worth? some posts said that even clocked you get a difference of a handfull of FPS for the higher end crads (like strigs and G1). Can this be true? i couldnt find any data. im really out of the loop here.
    I dont wanna get the steup going in bite my self in a few months when i regret buying the windforce OC insted of the higher end versions (ok might as well just get a 1070 but no...)
    Last edited by mmocb0b130a6cd; 2016-08-21 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by h4n4 View Post
    ok. From what i have read just in a few minutes: is it actually worth? some posts said that even clocked you get a difference of a handfull of FPS for the higher end crads (like strigs and G1). Can this be true? im really out of the loop here.
    I dont wanna get the steup going in bite my self in a few months when i regret buying the windforce OC insted of the higher end versions (ok might as well just get a 1070 but no...)
    You cannot really go cheaper, and you only should go higher if you're going to overclock your videocard. There wont be any FPS difference with the same clocks (high end models have higher boost clock though), the only difference is the cooling, which might result in cheaper versions operating on higher temperatures and being slightly noisier.

Deleted
    ok so i looked around and honestly between the windforce OC and Strix the clockspeed in boost (according to gigabyte and asus) is like ~120Mhz. I dont think that this is enough for me to pay extra. And i will probabaly stick with the Boost/gaming modes they allready have and dont clock the card my self anyways.

Ok so all thats left is a case. I really dont like how most cases look i have seen so far. What are the features and measurements i have to be aware of? i might spend some time finding a slick (preferably closed? aka no window) one somewhere else. Really liking the BitFenix ones. To bad the special colors only come with the windowed versions :/
    Last edited by mmocb0b130a6cd; 2016-08-21 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by h4n4 View Post
    ok so i looked around and honestly between the windforce OC and Strix the clockspeed in boost (according to gigabyte and asus) is like ~120Mhz. I dont think that this is enough for me to pay extra. And i will probabaly stick with the Boost/gaming modes they allready have and dont clock the card my self anyways.

Ok so all thats left is a case. I really dont like how most cases look i have seen so far. What are the features and measurements i have to be aware of? i might spend some time finding a slick (preferably closed? aka no window) one somewhere else. Really liking the BitFenix ones. To bad the special colors only come with the windowed versions :/
    http://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/c...sair-case-200r

Dont buy BitFenix, they are very hard to work with.