Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TolanNightBlade View Post
    Define 'fail'? More than enough players still playing to make it financially viable to continue the franchise.

with the introduction of time tokens, i dont know how liable -- compared to before -- the game is now...

fine the have pets , mounts, and other transactions, but its not like they release those every 2 weeks nor do they have incentives for switching servers or changing factions...

gold is stupid easy to come by in the game, even after the garrison nerf....

they should get an actual good team, and charge every time a large patch is released... that should make them some money as long as they release quality content often enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Well, now the important question, who won the elections? Trump or Hillary?
    no way, need the lottery numbers... :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Oh, no, didn't see that. Wasn't there when I quoted anyway.

Yeah, it was apparently released in the West but got shutdown due to it's lack of players. Gets upwards of 2million concurrent players just in China, apparently.
    Fuckin' Asians huh? Well, I've been proven wrong, though we only have the numbers for last year. Can't say I'd still wager any money on WoW definitely having made the most money (but I'm still, like, 75% sure it has).

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea. Never played it Doesn't look like something I'd play, either, tbh.
    DFO is pretty much a side scroller 2D version of Vindictus or Dragon's Nest, if you've ever played that. Super dungeon grindy, but decent paced combat. Of course things were likely added since I last played it back during closed beta, but it was suuuper grindy and got repetitive quickly.

EDIT: Or it looks like from what you said that it doesn't exist in the west anymore (thats the version I tested back in late '09). Not surprised at all that it's gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    How has something that has not come out yet already failed.
    Well it had a beta and the prepatch is live.

You resubbed in the worst expansion that has been ever made by Blizzard and they have even admitted to this and then you unsubbed.. Like so many have before you, but then you put on your tinfoil hat and made a prediction that based on wod Legion is doomed?
    Have you even done ANY research about Legion? Like for example, have you googled world of warcraft legion before you chose to wrote this thread?

So, for the people screamin at OP because he's SOOOOOO WRONG! AND HOW CAN IT FAIL BEFORE IT IS EVEN RELEASED?!?!!?
    Were any of these a success?
    Cata: ?
    MoP: ?
    WoD: ?

Seems OP is just betting on the outcome that seems inevitable.

I have no idea. Never played it Doesn't look like something I'd play, either, tbh.
    I mean, it doesn't look like an mmorpg or anything, just an rpg.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Considering that they all sold well and WoW is still over 4 million subscribers at least, I would say they were successful.

"I didn't like it" doesn't mean that it wasn't successful.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    So, for the people screamin at OP because he's SOOOOOO WRONG! AND HOW CAN IT FAIL BEFORE IT IS EVEN RELEASED?!?!!?

Seems OP is just betting on the outcome that seems inevitable.
    Cata: it was just fine. Never got the hate.

MoP: Actually, this expansion is on par with WoTLK, if not, then it was greater. Why would 1 hate MoP? I mean, it had more content than WoTLK! Sorry, just had to say that.

WoD: it was mehish, for what it had an an expansion, it was good. Still wanted 6.1 to be atleast fine...in a sense. Everything else was spot on, just needed more world content though

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I stopped playing years ago -- I had nearly 3 years of logged-into-the-world playtime accrued. I stop when they homogenized the classes into the ground with the whole "bring the player not the class" bullshit. I keep up with the game as best I can for not giving two shits about it, but I was one of the morons who spent tons of time and none of the money. When you start selling in-game items for real-world currency, I stop playing a game... even if it's just for aesthetics. I don't want to play with people who buy mounts with money they earned delivering pizzas. I want to play games with people who had to sit in front of a computer screen and keyboard to earn something cool. WoW went from challenging HC raiding to LFG-tool buffoonery. I play Hearthstone all the time, but I refuse to buy cards for cash. It just feels like old school UO gold-buying garbage to me.
    Ummm you just completely contradicted yourself in that paragraph (see bold text). According to your philosophy you should have stopped playing hearthstone too even if you don't buy cards yourself. Because that is like playing wow but not buying the store mount/transmog items for cash which you just said you wouldnt do.

Go away. Please, just go. Find something else to do with your time. Instead of hating on something that has changed beyond your ability to like it, go actually *enjoy* your life.

Go play a different game, ride a bike, go to the gym, adopt a pet, SOMETHING. Just stop doing all this conspiracy theory level crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can have a thread about why Legion failed--past tense--after it has launched and been out a while. For now there is nothing to see here but a clickbait thread title and little else.

Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."