Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm just happy to have some content options. It's been over a year since I've actually had the time to commit to a set raid schedule. I ended up playing very little of WoD because there was basically nothing left for me to do very quickly since I didn't have time to raid. Legion beta felt like Blizzard has really made great efforts to give everyone in the game something to enjoy and I'm really looking forward to this going live.

Deleted
    Really hope the movie gets a sequel announced at blizzcon, really want to see more of Hellscream and ofc Gul'dan and Cho'gall to see those two together would be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    But I think that's the primary issue here. It doesn't matter how hard or easy Mythics actually are in Legion or that even in WoD now they're not all that much harder than Heroics; the word "Mythic" itself has a certain connotation -- because Mythic difficulty was introduced to give the top tier (or, let's say, better-than-average) players harder content -- and thusly many players have already determined that "Mythic" means "beyond my skill level" and therefore won't even try.

Blizzard is pushing players toward Mythics, and that's fine. But where do they go from here? In the expansion after Legion, Mythic++ because "Mythic+ is only a little bit harder than Mythic"? It's becoming absurd.
    This is sorta where my issue is coming in, they call it Mythic, but it's basically Heroic, so why not just call it Heroic and let us queue for it? The only issue I have with Mythic is that it's not queueable, which is made more frustrating by people saying, but it's basically just heroic so don't assume it's hard to do. Well then why not have it queueable in that case?

Quote Originally Posted by TristanTaylor View Post
    This is sorta where my issue is coming in, they call it Mythic, but it's basically Heroic, so why not just call it Heroic and let us queue for it? The only issue I have with Mythic is that it's not queueable, which is made more frustrating by people saying, but it's basically just heroic so don't assume it's hard to do. Well then why not have it queueable in that case?
    Because if it was queueable you could pug it, and if people pugged it there are a whole heap of issues that would come up, the least of which would be people ruining your run by afk'ing.

Quote Originally Posted by ahunter8056 View Post
    Absolutely love this deleted scene! It was great to read in the novelisation, and I was looking forward to seeing it on the home release, and this early online release is very unexpected! There have been more bonus features uploaded today, but I'm going to stop myself watching them, and wait to see them on the official release.

And wait! Is the 7.1 Karazhan dungeon Mythic-only?! What the hell?!?! I don't do Mythic dungeons, so does that mean I'm barred from doing this content?! Why the hell would Blizzard only allow one difficulty for this first part of major content, and shut non-hardcore (in the highest difficulty sense of the term, rather than time spent) players out? Absolutely awful move by Blizzard. I got my hopes up for being able to loosely trust them again, and this is taking that away.

No, that was just a random Orc (I believe in the novelisation he's named as a Bleeding Hollow Orc). Grom could be found throughout the film, especially during Callan's death scene and the final battle after Llane's death and Blackhand's death.

As someone else has suggested, it most likely got cut before the audio was finalised. Personally I prefer their voices without such heavy audio effects, as you can actually understand what they say first time round! In the theatrical cut, the dialogue was far more difficult to make out than they should have been, as a result of the heavy alterations. While the voices sound too un-Orc-like without, I wish they had stopped at a halfway point.

Why sell yourself short? Tuning is different in every xpac. Who knows, you might be fine in legion mythic Ds

With this Mythic, Mythic+, Mythic++ XXL etc. we're getting Diablo 3-like difficulty system in 7.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    How exactly did they admit that?

I saw the interview and it seemed perfectly fine to me.

Its to avoid a situation where someone of.... strong emotional responses such as you would isntantly go /slit their wrists if their spec got nerfed enough to no longer be 0,5% ahead of the rest of that class's specs.
    Assumptions from something you didn't understand and a mile and a half from what i was talking about, but i guess there is no cure for stupidity. They admitted to willingly nerf a class from best to worst. Pretty stupid thing to admit not trying to balance the class instead of just nerfing it completely to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Literally anyone is capable of doing basic Mythic dungeons. It will be no harder than say the original Kara raid.
    Not even remotely comparable to rated BGs which require a high degree of organization and time investment.

You can do basic Mythic 1 in 820-825 gear, Heroic dungeons and world quests. Any uber casual can easily do this.
    Just because you can't hop in in greens and roflstomp it like LFR doesn't mean it is "gated".

So in essence you don't want the key mechanic of an MMORPG/RPG, which is hunting loot. You just want it by default. K.

As usual these perceptions come more from the community than actual game facts. He was clearly talking about how the situation of TBC was not something they ever want to return to (ie we only need class X). So no clue how you jump to the fear that this might be the case again.

What in the world are you even talking about. I mean, if you're referring to charging in on BOSSES as a melee DPS and getting oneshot, because they need to be TANKED.....

We've literally already got confirmation of more content in the first 4 months of Legion than the entire first year of WoD. I mean, sure be skeptical of what comes after if you like, but facts are facts.

That wasn't the point of that answer. He was talking about adding new dungeons WITHOUT making the older ones utterly pointless. As was the case with ZA/ZG and End Time dungeons in Cata. With Mythic+ dungeons can be kept relevant for the entirety of the expansion, and you can add dungeons without making them the exclusive 5 man content for that Tier.

He addressed this in another answer. They had a choice, they decided affecting the 10m groups more would cause less of an issue than shifting the weight of changing to 25m groups down to 15. In essence, the assumption was that increasing your team size or merging to 20m was baseline easier to accomplish than 15 people having to suddenly form a new team or hope to get picked elsewhere.

You're also quoting an answer about the general success of the various difficulties, but only talking about Mythic raid size.
    -- I think you missed the point. The way Blizzard pushes things is not "is it fun" but more of a "our pride is invested and if you don't like it we will punish you to force it". It's disappointing you were unable to see this.

"Any casual" -- can you please be more specific? Do you mean ANYONE in quest gear can do this? You go on to say "just because you can't hop in in greens" but come one, you don't elaborate what casual means and THEN go to say "well, you can't walk in with greens". -- you can try and be more vague on purpose? or accident?

I think you never played WotLK. In WotLK you had a currency that you could fall back in in case RNG fucked you or you forgot to sacrifice babies to the Blizzard developers for their good grace. In which case you were given a choice, something you haven't seen since wrath and something you wouldn't be aware of since you never played wrath, between upgradeable tier gear and a slightly higher level but non-upgradable non-tier gear. This was with varying currency. This currency meant that if RNG fucked you or your raid leader fucked you -- you could still get something eventually. I know this is contrary to anything you've seen since you've never played Wrath.

When I was talking about classes being preferred you likely didn't understand as you haven't played pre-cata expansions. There was a point in time where a certain class or spec was NEEDED. This meant that you NEEDED a hunter. A VERY geared warlock or mage would be passed over. Those were not fun days. I know the "vanilla" folks use rose colored glasses but trust me, those were VERY annoying an VERY frustrating days.

As far as invasion bosses the primary problem is heals. Not the lack of healers but the lack of raid frames. Again, you wouldn't understand so I'll help. A healer can't heal the enemy faction. "Nameplates" are things above peoples head that allow you to click on them. They don't show enemy versus friendly. This means that healers have a difficult time know who to heal. If you target an enemy then you end up targeting yourself. As such you can't heal the enemy faction tanking the boss. If it's a friendly person tanking the boss you have to wait, look, and then heal. That's a pretty narrow time frame. In addition you can't see anyone around you because you're not in a raid. Of course you're not a healer so I don't expect you to understand this so I'll just leave it at that. Roll a healer. Then come back in a few days.

We've been having "confirmation" since Cata. Feed me another line of bullshit. I know YOU drink the kool-aide but the rest of us don't. There are no "facts" until it's released. There are claims. Please learn the difference. We've been lied to many times. In fact since ICC/RS. Since you're a Cata person or beyond, this means "for quite some time".

Do you feel that running Stockades runs is pointless? Why? I mean, shouldn't you get real gear from that? No? Then why do you feel you "deserve" modern gear from current expansion dungeons? This is why Dragon Soul catch up worked so well but again, I don't think you played those expansions so I'm not sure you understand.

I only talked about Mythic because it's the easiest thing to measure. You certainly can't deny the amount of 10/25 heroic guilds it destroyed. This cost them something not insignificant. Those that died we were forced to run what's called "heroic" runs. Something under what they were used to while Mythic was slightly above what they were used to. Old-school Heroic groups were piss in the wind and told to man up, go easier, or quit. A not so insignificant amount quit. You are wanting to divert the conversation so you can buff up Blizzards ego. I am wanting to talk about realities here.

I think they should've left that scene in, personally. Grom actually got some lines. Also it might help non-Warcraft people understand the whole fel magic thing, which I hear was confusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    -- I think you missed the point. The way Blizzard pushes things is not "is it fun" but more of a "our pride is invested and if you don't like it we will punish you to force it". It's disappointing you were unable to see this.

"Any casual" -- can you please be more specific? Do you mean ANYONE in quest gear can do this? You go on to say "just because you can't hop in in greens" but come one, you don't elaborate what casual means and THEN go to say "well, you can't walk in with greens". -- you can try and be more vague on purpose? or accident?
    I stated exactly what was required, 820-825 gear minimum, which is what you get from Heroic dungeons and World Quests. Did you actually play Alpha/Beta? Because getting into Mythic dungeons is no challenge whatsoever, it's what naturally happens as you play the game, even at an ultra-casual level of just doing a few World Quests/dungeons every now and then.

I think you never played WotLK. In WotLK you had a currency that you could fall back in in case RNG fucked you or you forgot to sacrifice babies to the Blizzard developers for their good grace. In which case you were given a choice, something you haven't seen since wrath and something you wouldn't be aware of since you never played wrath, between upgradeable tier gear and a slightly higher level but non-upgradable non-tier gear. This was with varying currency. This currency meant that if RNG fucked you or your raid leader fucked you -- you could still get something eventually. I know this is contrary to anything you've seen since you've never played Wrath.
    I think you assume way too much =) I've played and raided for 12 years straight pretty much. Currency systems were and are a band-aid and a cancer to the game in many ways. I'm quite loathe to remember times when you had to grind your x Heroics asap for the ID so you could go do your mandatory upgrades.

RNG will simply never "fuck you" in a way that you feel like you got nothing. That hasn't been the case in...well, quite a long time. Do you even play nowadays? You are talking about systems that were in place way before things such as: personal loot, bonus rolls, warforged rolls, etc. Put your assertions into context, and maybe you'll have a point in there somewhere. At the end of the day, there is no way you will get "fucked" by RNG or "your raidleader" (you seem to have made some bad experiences...or feel very entitled to drops in a raid group) in this day and age.

When I was talking about classes being preferred you likely didn't understand as you haven't played pre-cata expansions. There was a point in time where a certain class or spec was NEEDED. This meant that you NEEDED a hunter. A VERY geared warlock or mage would be passed over. Those were not fun days. I know the "vanilla" folks use rose colored glasses but trust me, those were VERY annoying an VERY frustrating days.
    I directly referred to this. You seem to not have read anything that you are replying to. He clearly stated that they do not wish to return to this ever again - and having said that, many assumptions of "we need X" TODAY are mostly based on community perception, not actual ingame necessity. I don't know why you keep asserting that "you never played X", when you don't even bother to comprehend what you're replying to first.

As far as invasion bosses the primary problem is heals. Not the lack of healers but the lack of raid frames. Again, you wouldn't understand so I'll help. A healer can't heal the enemy faction. "Nameplates" are things above peoples head that allow you to click on them. They don't show enemy versus friendly. This means that healers have a difficult time know who to heal. If you target an enemy then you end up targeting yourself. As such you can't heal the enemy faction tanking the boss. If it's a friendly person tanking the boss you have to wait, look, and then heal. That's a pretty narrow time frame. In addition you can't see anyone around you because you're not in a raid. Of course you're not a healer so I don't expect you to understand this so I'll just leave it at that. Roll a healer. Then come back in a few days.
    I actually just healed Mythic Mannoroth and Archimonde in my offspec last night =) fun as hell. I don't think you realize that Invasions are not intended to be super-organized content that you need to raid-heal everyone involved in. Did you maybe forget that you can still form a group or raid and get healed if you so wish? That being said you seem to struggle with this throwaway content quite a bit. It must be a harsh challenge to tag outdoor bosses and get loot for free. Maybe you remember something called the AQ opening event? Or the Naxxramas Scourge invasions? Maybe the demonic invasions pre-TBC? They were all like that =) If you charge in without a group somewhere, you will likely get stomped on.

We've been having "confirmation" since Cata. Feed me another line of bullshit. I know YOU drink the kool-aide but the rest of us don't. There are no "facts" until it's released. There are claims. Please learn the difference. We've been lied to many times. In fact since ICC/RS. Since you're a Cata person or beyond, this means "for quite some time".
    Obviously you're not very versed in how to speak like an adult. "Lying" means intent of misleading someone. I think you'd have a very hard time proving that under any circumstance present here. But ofc, you're not actually making any arguments, but simply flinging emotionally charged statements and having a hissy fit. Whether you like it or not we already know the content we are getting in the first 6 months of Legion. You can of course assume that it's all "lies" and 7.1 and Nighthold are all not coming out until Summer 2017, but that's not very constructive now, is it.

Do you feel that running Stockades runs is pointless? Why? I mean, shouldn't you get real gear from that? No? Then why do you feel you "deserve" modern gear from current expansion dungeons? This is why Dragon Soul catch up worked so well but again, I don't think you played those expansions so I'm not sure you understand.
    You're rambling and making no sense whatsoever. The point being made was that with Mythic+, the 7.0 release dungeons can be kept relevant throughout the expansion, the higher your gear gets the better you can run higher difficulties and still get relevant rewards that complement new raids. New dungeons in turn don't completely replace those first dungeons due to rewarding baseline higher gear, but simply add to the existing palette. Something I think we can all agree is very desirable. I don't know about you, but I tired of running End Time dungeons/ZA/ZG exclusively extremely quickly. What you're getting with Mythic+ is more of a system harking back to TBC when heroics were relevant for almost all of the expansion.

I only talked about Mythic because it's the easiest thing to measure. You certainly can't deny the amount of 10/25 heroic guilds it destroyed. This cost them something not insignificant. Those that died we were forced to run what's called "heroic" runs. Something under what they were used to while Mythic was slightly above what they were used to. Old-school Heroic groups were piss in the wind and told to man up, go easier, or quit. A not so insignificant amount quit. You are wanting to divert the conversation so you can buff up Blizzards ego. I am wanting to talk about realities here.
    You quite clearly don't want to talk about "realities" or facts, as I mentioned and Hazzikostas very plainly explained they are quite aware of what it caused, but they believed that shifting the weight of having to change to 10m was better overall than having the 25m guilds fall apart. At the end of the day the change was excellent for high progress raiding, unless you were a die-hard 10m raider then I can understand that you feel a bit bitter about it, but nontheless in terms of streamlining the highest difficulty it has worked very, very well. They knew it would cost something in the short term, and it is paying off big time in the long term. Consider that this is the first expansion ever that has not seen any major changes to raid size/design. This is the first time guild situations will remain stable and predictable from one iteration of the game to the next. That is thanks to that change working out.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    I stated exactly what was required, 820-825 gear minimum, which is what you get from Heroic dungeons and World Quests. Did you actually play Alpha/Beta? Because getting into Mythic dungeons is no challenge whatsoever, it's what naturally happens as you play the game, even at an ultra-casual level of just doing a few World Quests/dungeons every now and then.

I think you assume way too much =) I've played and raided for 12 years straight pretty much. Currency systems were and are a band-aid and a cancer to the game in many ways. I'm quite loathe to remember times when you had to grind your x Heroics asap for the ID so you could go do your mandatory upgrades.

RNG will simply never "fuck you" in a way that you feel like you got nothing. That hasn't been the case in...well, quite a long time. Do you even play nowadays? You are talking about systems that were in place way before things such as: personal loot, bonus rolls, warforged rolls, etc. Put your assertions into context, and maybe you'll have a point in there somewhere. At the end of the day, there is no way you will get "fucked" by RNG or "your raidleader" (you seem to have made some bad experiences...or feel very entitled to drops in a raid group) in this day and age.

I directly referred to this. You seem to not have read anything that you are replying to. He clearly stated that they do not wish to return to this ever again - and having said that, many assumptions of "we need X" TODAY are mostly based on community perception, not actual ingame necessity. I don't know why you keep asserting that "you never played X", when you don't even bother to comprehend what you're replying to first.

I actually just healed Mythic Mannoroth and Archimonde in my offspec last night =) fun as hell. I don't think you realize that Invasions are not intended to be super-organized content that you need to raid-heal everyone involved in. Did you maybe forget that you can still form a group or raid and get healed if you so wish? That being said you seem to struggle with this throwaway content quite a bit. It must be a harsh challenge to tag outdoor bosses and get loot for free. Maybe you remember something called the AQ opening event? Or the Naxxramas Scourge invasions? Maybe the demonic invasions pre-TBC? They were all like that =) If you charge in without a group somewhere, you will likely get stomped on.

Obviously you're not very versed in how to speak like an adult. "Lying" means intent of misleading someone. I think you'd have a very hard time proving that under any circumstance present here. But ofc, you're not actually making any arguments, but simply flinging emotionally charged statements and having a hissy fit. Whether you like it or not we already know the content we are getting in the first 6 months of Legion. You can of course assume that it's all "lies" and 7.1 and Nighthold are all not coming out until Summer 2017, but that's not very constructive now, is it.

You're rambling and making no sense whatsoever. The point being made was that with Mythic+, the 7.0 release dungeons can be kept relevant throughout the expansion, the higher your gear gets the better you can run higher difficulties and still get relevant rewards that complement new raids. New dungeons in turn don't completely replace those first dungeons due to rewarding baseline higher gear, but simply add to the existing palette. Something I think we can all agree is very desirable. I don't know about you, but I tired of running End Time dungeons/ZA/ZG exclusively extremely quickly. What you're getting with Mythic+ is more of a system harking back to TBC when heroics were relevant for almost all of the expansion.

You quite clearly don't want to talk about "realities" or facts, as I mentioned and Hazzikostas very plainly explained they are quite aware of what it caused, but they believed that shifting the weight of having to change to 10m was better overall than having the 25m guilds fall apart. At the end of the day the change was excellent for high progress raiding, unless you were a die-hard 10m raider then I can understand that you feel a bit bitter about it, but nontheless in terms of streamlining the highest difficulty it has worked very, very well. They knew it would cost something in the short term, and it is paying off big time in the long term. Consider that this is the first expansion ever that has not seen any major changes to raid size/design. This is the first time guild situations will remain stable and predictable from one iteration of the game to the next. That is thanks to that change working out.
    You clearly aren't paying attention and want to start your own discussion but are interjecting non-sense in to places that's unrelated.

I was talking about healing invasions and how it sucks. I'm not sure why you brought up Manno heals because that's in a "raid" setting where you are with 10+ people and usually have something called "raid frames". Raids are usually instanced and in instances you're already grouped up with people. I was complaining about the problem with healing invasions which are not raids. I'm well aware what their intent is and I listed a valid complaint.

I would sincerely be surprised if you've played before MoP.

RNG fucked me for two tiers in WoD -- so I'd be surprised if you raided any real amount in WoD either.

You seem to continue doing the same thing with each response to every critique. Bringing in something else that's unrelated and then wanting to respond. At this point I think you're not reading what I'm saying and comprehending it appropriately.

You see, when someone critiques something -- that's just that. Whether the person they are critiquing has acknowledged it or not isn't relevant. This is a critical aspect I think you're failing to grasp. Once you learn this aspect we can continue our conversation from scratch so as to help you get a better understanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    You clearly aren't paying attention and want to start your own discussion but are interjecting non-sense in to places that's unrelated.

I was talking about healing invasions and how it sucks. I'm not sure why you brought up Manno heals because that's in a "raid" setting where you are with 10+ people and usually have something called "raid frames". Raids are usually instanced and in instances you're already grouped up with people. I was complaining about the problem with healing invasions which are not raids. I'm well aware what their intent is and I listed a valid complaint.

I would sincerely be surprised if you've played before MoP.

RNG fucked me for two tiers in WoD -- so I'd be surprised if you raided any real amount in WoD either.

You seem to continue doing the same thing with each response to every critique. Bringing in something else that's unrelated and then wanting to respond. At this point I think you're not reading what I'm saying and comprehending it appropriately.

You see, when someone critiques something -- that's just that. Whether the person they are critiquing has acknowledged it or not isn't relevant. This is a critical aspect I think you're failing to grasp. Once you learn this aspect we can continue our conversation from scratch so as to help you get a better understanding.
    Don't really think there's any point, as you continue to not acknowledge anything actually being said and go off on your own tangents and shifting goal posts so you can insert dismissive statements. So have a good day.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The team probably overdid this in Warlords by removing Tier sets from Raid Finder, so they are coming back to Raid Finder in Legion."

No kidding, guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Are you okay? And Overwatch? That's one of the least pug friendly games if you want to get anywhere in competitive. Please do some research before coming here trying to sound smart when in turn you're really just looking like an idiot.
    Just trash

"The team probably overdid this in Warlords by removing Tier sets from Raid Finder, so they are coming back to Raid Finder in Legion."
    It's unfortunate it took them until the end of an expansion to learn that.
    There's been feedback about this the entire expansion and they are just now thinking that probably overdid it?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's unfortunate it took them until the end of an expansion to learn that.
    There's been feedback about this the entire expansion and they are just now thinking that probably overdid it?
    Honestly, this level of silliness is borderline insane. They get feedback right from the beta, ignore it, then acknowledge it in the next expansion. Ridiculous.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    I guess you can't really come up with any real arguments. So I guess that definition does kind of suit you
    Just trashy

Because WOW now is super casual and easy to pug, if you have problem, you are the problem

If you are crying for a Myth only dungeon, I dont know what you are going to do on 7.1

-Myth only dungeon
    -No ez DBM for casual
    -No guild only pug

#hardlife

Was Ion being interviewed or interrogated?

Deleted
    No ones crying. Perhaps you should go back and read my full argument before trying to start fights and calling people trash when you are indeed the definition. Please stop you're beyond embarrassing
    No one wants to do pugs either, they rarely go well so if you want a clean, successful mythic dungeon done you will now have to join guilds etc. It just seems unnecessary and I'm hoping it doesn't backfire too hard for blizzard. From what I've seen, no one wants Mythic only dungeons.
    No sense from trashy casual, nothing more nothing less.

"No one wants Myth only dungeons" talking by absolute, oh so iconic for trashy casual on mmo c

"No one wants to do Pugs" rofl x2

Really stop play wow, is no more suited to you

Deleted
    Butthurted casual