10+ Year Old Account

Razer Naga Troubles

Just got myself a 'brand new' (2014) razer naga, and it likes to...move itself. I've seen it happen enough to test it out, I've left the curser in the top right corner of my screen and saw it work it's way all the way down to the middle of the bottom. It isn't the sensitivity, I've turned that down to the sweet spot where it isn't highlighting half the screen whenever I click something and isn't too unresponsive. Any other settings I should check?

Do you have a fan on your desk (or anything vibrating it), and do you have Razer Synapse and the updated drivers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Do you have a fan on your desk (or anything vibrating it), and do you have Razer Synapse and the updated drivers?
    I have Synapse, I'm going to check if the drivers installed with the original download. And now that you mention it, i'm running a floor fan and a window AC unit, don't know if the vibrations from that far away would affect it or not, but I'll test that as well. If I can't use my mouse when my AC is on ima have a bad time... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I have Synapse, I'm going to check if the drivers installed with the original download. And now that you mention it, i'm running a floor fan and a window AC unit, don't know if the vibrations from that far away would affect it or not, but I'll test that as well. If I can't use my mouse when my AC is on ima have a bad time... Thanks!
    Vibrations tend to do that with mice, especially high DPI ones. Try turning them off just to test it, at least then you'll know if that is the problem. If it is, you'll just have to find a way to minimise vibrations - such as rubber feet/carpet under the AC/fan, or even your desk's feet. Or moving them further away if you can. I have a portable AC unit about 4 feet away from my desk, and a fan that sits literally under my desk. But I'm also on carpet, so it's fine. If I put the fan on my desk, even the other end (1.8m long desk), it will mess with mice.

If it isn't that, it could be a fault with the mouse. You can always RMA it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Vibrations tend to do that with mice, especially high DPI ones. Try turning them off just to test it, at least then you'll know if that is the problem. If it is, you'll just have to find a way to minimise vibrations - such as rubber feet/carpet under the AC/fan, or even your desk's feet. Or moving them further away if you can. I have a portable AC unit about 4 feet away from my desk, and a fan that sits literally under my desk. But I'm also on carpet, so it's fine. If I put the fan on my desk, even the other end (1.8m long desk), it will mess with mice.

If it isn't that, it could be a fault with the mouse. You can always RMA it?
    Turned off the AC and tested it, didn't seem to help. But I think I overlooked something important...the actual computer. Sets right up against my mousepad...Very small room, don't think I can shuffle things around. This may be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Turned off the AC and tested it, didn't seem to help. But I think I overlooked something important...the actual computer. Sets right up against my mousepad...Very small room, don't think I can shuffle things around. This may be difficult.
    Can you at least move it away/lay it flat for testing purposes? If it's that, again rubber feet or even rubber between the fans and case would help.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-08-22 at 11:25 AM.

the synapse software has a calibration setting so your mouse knows what kinda surface you are on.

my very first optical mouse (an mx518 that i still have in a drawer somewhere) HATED my desk and would randomly fly all over the place. try another surface!

what dpi are you using.. because i'm at 6000 and smashing my knee against my desk (ouch) as often as i do (ouch ) rarely even moves the cursor..