Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Cincinnati Zoo pleads "Stop making memes of our dead gorilla"

"We are not amused by the memes, petitions and signs about Harambe," Thane Maynard, Cincinnati Zoo director, told the Associated Press. "Our zoo family is still healing, and the constant mention of Harambe makes moving forward more difficult for us. We are honoring Harambe by redoubling our gorilla conservation efforts and encouraging others to join us."

Other voices on the internet have said that the jokes have now gone too far and should be brought to an end.

WCPO-TV web editor James Leggate recently started his own petition, for instance, which asks that petitions about Harambe are stopped.

"At first, the petitioners had good intentions," he wrote. "But then the goofuses of the Internet hopped on the Harambe train for their jollies, and it has gotten out of control."
    You hear that, goofuses? STOP making Harambe jokes. Because if there's one thing I've learned on the internet, it's that telling people to stop doing something will definitely stop it.

Full article here: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7203356.html

can memer culture please die, along with those that participate in it

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post

thanks
    Can you not wish death on a large number of people, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    You hear that, goofuses? STOP making Harambe jokes. Because if there's one thing I've learned on the internet, it's that telling people to stop doing something will definitely stop it.

Full article here: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7203356.html
    The harambe thing was as dead as the gorilla, few weeks ago it resurfaced though....no idea why other than stupid twats and their memes

Can you not wish death on a large number of people, thanks.
    yeah but

deserved

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck you Cincinnati Zoo, you killed my friend and now you're never going to hear the end of it.

Why do they care? They should focus more on their jobs than what gets made into a meme. Gonna make a meme of him now just for that. It's like these people just discovered the internet.

Also, someone should post a link to rule 34 to them. See how they like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post

thanks
    What is meme may never die

10+ Year Old Account
    It's only a monkey...

Deleted
    We honor him via dank memes as the kids say.

<- Old Man confirmed.

8=====Ds out

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    It's only a monkey...
    A space tyrant once said that, and then he was cut in half and a planet blew up. Be careful with your words.

If you don't like the memes...don't look at them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostmcghosty View Post
    Why do they care? They should focus more on their jobs than what gets made into a meme..
    I think this lays it out pretty much perfectly.

Last I saw "Dicks out for Harambe" had started turning into "Tits out for Harambe".

Honestly I had no clue what it was until I logged into wow for the first time in a few months the other day and saw chat flooded with talk about "Harambe" while doing invasions.

"Please internet, stop making fun of something"

Well, I guess Harambe memes just doubled their lifespans.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

[/url]
    God I wish I could tell all the people who don't live online to never ever try to stop "the internet" from doing what they want to do. It will always just cause the event to occur more.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I gotta give, this meme in particular is good for picking out people I don't want to engage with for enjoyment.
    This is how I feel about almost every meme.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    "Please internet, stop making fun of something"

Well, I guess Harambe memes just doubled their lifespans.
    Streisand effect

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Fuck you Cincinnati Zoo, you killed my friend and now you're never going to hear the end of it.
    Another idiot. You do realize they raised him all the way from birth right? The irony is that if he ended up killing the kid people would be all up in arms that the Gorilla's life was deemed more worthy than the child's. They weren't going to win no matter the outcome.

Infracted - Flaming
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-08-22 at 05:04 PM.