Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You keep bringing up pc gaming and clearly have a gaming pc so why did you "have" to renew to play The Division again?
    Cause I bough it for ps4 to play with friends on ps4.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    It's 10 bucks over a year, 10 bucks that's what you are creating outrage for, faux outrage since if you are really outraged about that the alternative would be a far less nicer word then attention whore

Did you surpass the allowance you got from your parents, spouse, caretaker with that minor increase? lol
    Like I said internet just keep being you
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Cause I bough it for ps4 to play with friends on ps4.....
    So you CHOSE to pay for it, you didn't "HAVE" to pay for it.

If you're going to keep bringing up PC MP being free you can't expect me to take you serious if you don't actually use it.

So you CHOSE to pay for it, you didn't "HAVE" to pay for it.

If you're going to keep bringing up PC MP being free you can't expect me to take you serious if you don't actually use it.
    I guess its hard for you to understand that no everyone plays on PC....

I bought the game for the system I had the most friends on playing it. Better then buying for the system had has the lease or none playing on it. But like I said I don't expect you to understand simple things.

I bet you still think Dead Rising is a Microsoft IP....

I'm done with this thread....

Internet keep being you.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Literally less than a dollar a month increase, we get dedicated servers and hundreds of dollars in games in return. It's still one of the best deals in gaming. If you're not taking advantage of the game library that's not their fault.

I guess its hard for you to understand that no everyone plays on PC....

I bought the game for the system I had the most friends on playing it. Better then buying for the system had has the lease or none playing on it. But like I said I don't expect you to understand simple things.

I bet you still think Dead Rising is a Microsoft IP....

I'm done with this thread....

Internet keep being you.
    So you are done with a thread because you cannot accept counter arguments to your original argument? Logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So you are done with a thread because you cannot accept counter arguments to your original argument? Logic.
    He's always like this.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

Quote Originally Posted by AztechZero View Post
    He's always like this.
    Oh I know I just meant at least stand by the argument instead of chickening out because some people came in to debate with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to be canceling mine when I get home. These days I'm playing online games on the PC and I find it much more enjoyable. I think subscriptions to play online is fucking retarded. There is no reason for it. We buy their console, we buy their game (at least $460 right there and you only have 1 game) and then they want us to pay even more just to play it online with friends? PC does that for free. I'll stick to solo games on the console from here on out until something comes up.

I'm in no way a PC Master Race douchebag but I can now see why PC gaming is glorified so much. After I built my new PC with a GTX 1070 and other goodies the games feel like a whole different game. Playing through them again is just as much fun as it was the first time around if not even more fun. I will be one to admit I was wrong when I said it was hardly a difference between 30 and 60. I play on a 144hz monitor and my god it's beautiful. Anyway getting off track here but yeah I'll keep my console for solo games and PC for online. Paying a subscription for something as simple as playing games online is just retarded, we pay them enough as it is just to get the damn game. It's all greedy bullshit. That's what the game industry has become anymore. All about how much money they can milk off us
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Ugg... why is Canada getting screwed like this? I usually pay in 3 month chunks but now 3 months will cost $29.99 Gonna have to get some 1 year cards before those go up to $69.99.

It's a minimal increase so I'm not too bothered by it. However the entire service needs to go up in quality with this increase in price. As a whole, I have no problem spending $60 on Xbox Live because it's for the most part been a much better service on all fronts(I'm not including games in this). Playstation Plus however to me personally isn't near the same quality of XBL and that's okay...I've been spending less on it than XBL. However now the entire framework on top of game selection needs to go up in quality. If this was MS increasing the price of XBL, there would be a much bigger shit storm...I do not understand why people don't make as much of a big deal when Sony does it...Not trying to stir the pot with the fanboys, but that is something that truly irks me this gen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Talyrius View Post
    Stick to PC gaming.
    I'm a primarily PC player, but please stfu and get the fuck out of here. Not everyone wants to or can afford to game on PC. The entry level cost is much higher for a PC that will last a few years than a console.

- - - Updated - - -

True

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

You realize Sony nore Microsoft do shit right? Its all peer 2 peer or servers hosted by company's like EA. The only server Sony runs is the one that sells all there digital bullshit.

Don't speak unless you know what your talking about. Also Ps3 is still free online and has been since release.

So now the price shouldn't be there, would you be ok with steam charging you $60 a year?
    Some...not all...of Microsofts multiplayer games connect to the Azure server...which costs money to run. But don't get me started on that...In today's day and age of consoles they should all be 1080/60 and have dedicated servers for multiplayer. P2P should be gone with todays technology. This comment also isn't a just get a PC thing...I am overall very underwhelmed with the first iterations of both PS4 and XB1 from a technology standpoint. The Neo and Scorpio should have been what the systems were at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Some...not all...of Microsofts multiplayer games connect to the Azure server...which costs money to run.
    Only two are known to connect to the Azure Server. Those are Titanfall and the upcoming Crackdown.

If you can provide links to more ill read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    95% of the "free" games were indeed meh, the only one i really liked was Life is Strange.
    Personal opinion ofc
    What about Rocket League? That was more than enough to warrant the subscription to me regardless of how shitty the selection has been this past year.

None of the f2p or sub games on ps4 required PS+

All the (Don't Play Console) comments are not constructive and quite pointless.
    I could have sworn ESO required PS Plus to play? i could be wrong, never got it on a console, been playing it on PC instead. that said... just got that e-mail and well... I think its a bad move from them. will I renew? probably not, as I got a year of PS plus to play uncharted 4 multiplayer and by the time my subscription runs out I would have gotten it out of my system by far.

"free" game selection has been... not great at all, to put it diplomatically. and occasional extra discount we get hasn't even been enough to get me to break even, so.. meh.

I'm not outraged, but I AM disappointed as this service already feels too much like holding multiplayer acess for ransom.

They can keep there "Free Games" and let me play online for free.

I would have no issue if the increase in price was justify by the quality of the service but it isn't. PS+ still go's down weekly, still gets DDOSed to hell and back and the PS+ games while subjective have been shit in quality. There return policy is still none to boot. There customer service is fucken lackluster and (while I personally don't care) you still can't change names.

They are also running Psvue and PSNow. If PS+ included PSNow I would be all for it and would had them $15 a month for it. But it doesn't. They charge me something that can be done for free and that they don't even do themselves.

Keep the games give me the online.
    You realize the absolute steal that PS Vue is? Yes they're charging for it, but they are most likely not making a HUGE profit off it either. They need to pay the companies to get the benefit of streaming the content. Cable channel companies are some of the greediest corporate douchebags there are in America. I agree PSNow in some form should be included in this price increase though or a relative increase in the service as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

Only two are known to connect to the Azure Server. Those are Titanfall and the upcoming Crackdown.

If you can provide links to more ill read them.
    Halo uses dedicated servers(assume it's Azure) and gears will be dedicated as well(again assume it's Azure).

Ultimately though, I'm not here to argue with you JT, I think it's a shitty move...but it's really not that big of a deal. It's $10 more a year...so less than a dollar a month more....However, my expectations of the service as a whole are now going to be higher. The service as a whole is not even close to the level that xbox live is....and that's saying a lot since XBL seems to have gone backwards in terms of functionality and features on XB1 from XB360.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2016-08-23 at 01:28 AM.

The Neo and Scorpio should have been what the systems were at launch.
    The neo and scorpio are both likely stronger on the gpu front then money could buy in 2013. Yea that was totally going to happen

I don't mind paying for ps+ i actually like some games...i discovered new genres like grim fandango, broken age, furi and many others gems that i would never buy.

The thing that bothers me is that ps+ is making somewhat 1 billon dollars a year and it is likely to grow with the install base...and i don t want that money to go to sony corps to "save" their failing phone and t.v. businesses among others...

Sony is my favorite publishers i enjoy their AAA output (which is quite lacking thus far...hopefully horizon is good) and their unique riskier games that probably wont make any profit like gravity rush 1-2, the last guardian, tearaway, dreams...

Playstation is making a lot of money they should invest that money in new studios and not powers season 2...If i were to spend 10$ more i would like at least to see an expansion of worldwide studios...

It's been almost 3 years and my fav ps4 games are 2 psvita remasters, 1 ps2 re-imagining, bloodborne, unchatred 4 and resogun...and only uncharted 4 is first party developed (not including remasters)...infamous second son was good but rushed it should have been delayed and included first light (which was better than second son).

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I could have sworn ESO required PS Plus to play?
    ESO isn't f2p its B2p like most other games on ps4 are.

- - - Updated - - -

You realize the absolute steal that PS Vue is? Yes they're charging for it, but they are most likely not making a HUGE profit off it either. They need to pay the companies to get the benefit of streaming the content. Cable channel companies are some of the greediest corporate douchebags there are in America. I agree PSNow in some form should be included in this price increase though or a relative increase in the service as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

Halo uses dedicated servers(assume it's Azure) and gears will be dedicated as well(again assume it's Azure).

Ultimately though, I'm not here to argue with you JT, I think it's a shitty move...but it's really not that big of a deal. It's $10 more a year...so less than a dollar a month more....However, my expectations of the service as a whole are now going to be higher. The service as a whole is not even close to the level that xbox live is....and that's saying a lot since XBL seems to have gone backwards in terms of functionality and features on XB1 from XB360.
    Ya PsVue is great value ill admit that and plan to use it after my cable plan is up.

All I am saying is if they are charging more I want better quality and so far with ps4 the quality has been meh. To be honest tho while I love my ps4 first party titles has been lacking and that's another thing that annoys me.

All I want is for them to improve there shit before asking me to spend more money, No matter how small the amount is.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-08-23 at 02:33 AM.

After using both Xbox Live and PS+ from launch and just after launch respectively I've nearly always found PS+ the inferior product. The free games there for a little bit were definitely a huge steal but XBL has been doing that for a bit now. XBL has been generally a more stable platform in my experiences as well. Sony has been playing catch up for a long time overall in this department and occasionally shines. Bumping up their monthly subscription feels a bit unjustified to me. Charging the same price for what amounts to an inferior product albeit slightly (imo) feels wrong.

If they felt like getting a refund/unauthorized charge policy that a decent human being would suggest I think I could view them more as equals in 2016 and the future. There isn't a whole lot of difference between them these days. They just need to take a few more steps
    Last edited by Erolian; 2016-08-23 at 02:45 AM.

ESO isn't f2p its B2p like most other games on ps4 are.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya PsVue is great value ill admit that and plan to use it after my cable plan is up.

All I am saying is if they are charging more I want better quality and so far with ps4 the quality has been meh. To be honest tho while I love my ps4 first party titles has been lacking and that's another thing that annoys me.

All I want is for them to improve there shit before asking me to spend more money, No matter how small the amount is.
    My issue with my PS4 is I bought a used one from Gamestop...turns out i got a refurbished one that wasn't entirely fixed to begin with(still get the blinking blue like of doom)...I will probably buy a Neo when it comes out though...and probably pass on the scorpio...or wait to upgrade to see if Halo 6 will also be on PC...if it will be on PC I am done owning an xbox.

Going onto PS Vue....it's beyond just a great value....but I already said in one of my posts...I am okay with them increasing the price if it means the service from top to bottom gets better...if it stays the same and they're charging $10 more than fuck them.

- - - Updated - - -

The neo and scorpio are both likely stronger on the gpu front then money could buy in 2013. Yea that was totally going to happen
    Honestly...technologically the games haven't been much of an improvement from last gen. I would've been okay with waiting three years longer for the neo/scorpio as the initial system launch of this generation. I know developers were using the excuse of last gen lasting too long to take risks on new ip's....but so far this generation has been mostly sequels and remasters...so what difference would it have been if we waited another three years for the "real versions of this gen".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    After using both Xbox Live and PS+ from launch and just after launch respectively I've nearly always found PS+ the inferior product. The free games there for a little bit were definitely a huge steal but XBL has been doing that for a bit now. XBL has been generally a more stable platform in my experiences as well. Sony has been playing catch up for a long time overall in this department and occasionally shines. Bumping up their monthly subscription feels a bit unjustified to me. Charging the same price for what amounts to an inferior product albeit slightly (imo) feels wrong.

If they felt like getting a refund/unauthorized charge policy that a decent human being would suggest I think I could view them more as equals in 2016 and the future. There isn't a whole lot of difference between them these days. They just need to take a few more steps
    that's my only issue with the increase tbh.....I get that now theyre on par with XBL cost...but it's the inferior product in terms of features and the service as a whole. And that's sad because XBL features on XB1 is inferior to the features X360 had.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I'll end up getting a Neo as well for Final Fantasy 7 Remake if nothing else. I don't care if anyone else doesn't like the game, I can already tell that I will enjoy ever second I spend revisiting those characters. The new Spidey game looks pretty fun as well.
    New spidey looks amazing