Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifetapper View Post
    I wish we would just STOP changing voice programs. Do you have any idea how annoying it is to have to download yet another in order to raid? Especially if you pug a lot. So sick of having to have all these voice chat programs, just so I have whatever it is the raid leader requires.
    Man those icons on your desktop are SUCH A DRAG. how will you survive having to look at them.

Mumble, TS and Vent.

Never used Curse client, not even the non-voice version.

However, I've tried Discord before and I will stay away from it as long as I can.

I guess it's the convenient text chat that enables all sorts of epic memers and the silent "girls" who, in the year of 2016, don't have a microphone, especially when playing on a laptop.

TS will do.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks, sticking to Discord.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I already use curse every day, so this was just a bonus.

I use Discord, Vent, Skype, Curse Voice, Mumble and Team Speak.

I do not have a strong preference for any of them nor do I understand the hivemind mentality that one needs to be better than the others. Each platform has strengths and benefits. In relation to the topic at hand, the integration of Curse client doesn't particularly make me feel like it's a superior program since I don't even use Curse client in the first place.

To each their own though.

Our guild uses Curse. Just the convenience that it's free and the addon client makes it for us the preferred voice comm. We have used for atleast 10 years TeamSpeak.
    Wut wut wut in the mud

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Youngsters these days... Roger Wilco is still the most oldschool thing. This was used to beat shit when your were not even born...
    I remember Roger Wilco. It's what people used before Half-Life had built-in voip.

Don't forget about another old ass communication program: ICQ. So good for file transfers back in the mid to late 90s.

Source: I'm 30
    Last edited by Supakaiser; 2016-08-23 at 11:00 AM.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    You gave your IP address away just by registering and posting to this site.
    It is impossible to know it by anyone except site operators. In TS, random people can see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really just wish vent would go die. It's so awful now compared to everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Discord is fucking shit. Poor voice quality and an absolute dogshit UI.

Teamspeak.
    Nah, Discord is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    Does it have an option to suppress push to talk keybinds?

If not, then it's worthless to me for actually playing games. Discord is fine (quality not quite as good as Mumble, but nowhere near the average Vent server), but the lack of keybind suppression is awful.
    Keybind suppression? Do you mean that little noise when i use the hotkey to speak? That drives me nuts. I hate that my new guild uses discord. It's awful compared to Mumble IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Nah, Discord is better.
    Agree. It's also on track to replace everything for gamers at least. Once they have paid private servers and video calling. RIP everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    I tried Curse Voice once, the sound quality was garbage compared to Discord and Skype.
    Skype is widely known as the worst sound quality of all of the newer VOIP services. I feel like you just were in a channel with someone that had a shit connection/mic, or you have a shit connection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    Keybind suppression? Do you mean that little noise when i use the hotkey to speak? That drives me nuts. I hate that my new guild uses discord. It's awful compared to Mumble IMO.
    If that's what you're asking, yes, it does have that.

It's in the "Notifications" options, iirc.

Deleted
    It's good but Discord and Teamspeak is still what most people will use.

At first it was basically an exact Discord rip-off with some other colors. Now they bloated it with tons of other shit and soon those who use the curse addon client will be forced to use it. No thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haselden View Post
    Because now it also works like Curse client
    So it's hard to close down and pushes adds to you all the time?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    So you are the guy we hear typing, breathing and eating?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    Keybind suppression? Do you mean that little noise when i use the hotkey to speak?
    I guess the lack of understanding of what I'm talking about means no, it doesn't. (So, no, I'm not "that guy". I don't even know what you thought it was, ReVnX.)

It's a feature in most 'classic' VoIP programs (as opposed to 'modern' WebRTC monstrosities) that permits you to use a keystroke for push-to-talk which is then not sent to the program with keyboard focus. It essentially means the VoIP program takes exclusive control of that one key. For my case, I use right control as push-to-talk, as it's one of the few keys I don't make normal use of. (It's also remapped to replace the caps lock key, since I never use that either.)

In a VoIP program without keybind suppression (i.e., Discord, presumably Curse Voice, etc.), whenever I press my push-to-talk key, every keystroke I make is now Ctrl-<key>, rather than just <key>. In a VoIP program with keybind suppression (i.e., Mumble), I can hold my push-to-talk key without sending Ctrl-<key> to the game (but, since I explicitly use right control for push-to-talk, I can still use left control to actually make use of Ctrl-<key> binds).

I've looked at other options for a push-to-talk key, but I've been unable to find one that works better for me when keybind suppression is available.

Discord get REALLY laggy from time to time, and unlike with teamspeak where you can actually pay for a stronger server, there is nothing to do to prevent these lags. if they dont fix it I dont know if they can live

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    It is impossible to know it by anyone except site operators. In TS, random people can see it.
    Actually, this is just a setting in TS. If your admin is shit, yes, you can see other people's IP.