Thread: Gtx 1060

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    so i ordered a zotec 6gb nvidia 1060 mini for 249$ from newegg. was that a decent purchase then or no? it was the only one available at 249$.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-402-_-Product
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so i ordered a zotec 6gb nvidia 1060 mini for 249$ from newegg. was that a decent purchase then or no? it was the only one available at 249$.
    I've seen single fan 6GB versions for $200, but that's a discount, they are usually around $230, so no, you can have a pretty wide choice of dual fan versions at $260.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

7+ Year Old Account
    For anyone interested, here's the broken shore scenario test with FPS counter.
    Specs:
    i5 4690k (Stock speeds)
    Asus GTX 1060 6GB (Base 1569/ Boost 1785) (Not overclocked)
    8GB DDR3 RAM

10+ Year Old Account
    You certainly can't get anything better for 249$. It's either this or the EVGA one, but they are both almost identical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a good buy to me. Best price for a GTX 1060. The 1060's run relatively cool so unless you plan to do some serious overclocking, you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    You certainly can't get anything better for 249$. It's either this or the EVGA one, but they are both almost identical.
    The non SC EVGA card has a pretty meh cooler. I have the SC and it never goes above 67C.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Looks like a good buy to me. Best price for a GTX 1060. The 1060's run relatively cool so unless you plan to do some serious overclocking, you should be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    The non SC EVGA card has a pretty meh cooler. I have the SC and it never goes above 67C.
    I get up to 79°C on the Furmark burn-in test, when overclocked to the max (meaning stable).

Oh, NVIDIA...

Game modder Marty McFly Modding accused NVIDIA of stealing their post-processing shaders for Ansel without authorization or credit. Ansel, NVIDIA's pioneering "in-game photography" tech, which lets you take artistic stills (2D and VR) of your games, gives you additional post-processing tools, to let you enhance your shot. Some of these post-processing shaders, Marty McFly Modding alleges, was copied verbatim by the people behind NVIDIA Ansel, without even a third-party credit.

Marty McFly Modding stated on their Facebook page that "Its (Ansel's) custom.fx contains almost 1:1 the colormod pass with my original descriptions. Same for the other files, where many variable names, code, comments and defines match MasterEffect code, also my 1D gausian blur solution, 1:1, just DX11 ported. There may be even more Framework code in it, I just recognized my own code, there might be SweetFX/other code in it as well. While it's an honour to be apprechiated by such a big company, they could at least drop some credits like we do."

10+ Year Old Account
    AdoredTV did a comparison between Polaris, Tonga, and Tahiti at equal clocks and etc. I know someone was complaining that he didn't he should have, and now he did.

Picked up the evga SC. Very quiet runs cool. However having a major problem (in my eyes it's major at least) where I can't play my games in window mode anymore. There is so much micro stutter going on. My 7870 never had a performance problem in window mode been using it for years playing wow and other games in window mode.

One would think that the amd being the much older card wouldn't be able to handle window mode instead of a gtx 1060.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you install any mods since you upgraded to the 1060?

So since i have a evga sc 1060 3gb ACX 2.0 , will that be adequate enough for games like WoW Legion/ FFXIV/ Subnautica/Ark:Survival Evolved since its not the 6 GB version ? At least enough to stop the stuttering in WoW . (or is that more of a cpu issue since wow is a cpu heavy game )

10+ Year Old Account
    More likely a CPU issue for WoW. FFXIV is fine in terms of memory management so 3GB isn't an issue. Now Sub Nautica and Ark I have no idea. Ark is a terribly optimized game as far as I remember so more than likely it'll exceed the capacity at max setting.

Thank you very much Remilia! I cannot wait to have the rest of my parts so i can build my first pc .

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Did you install any mods since you upgraded to the 1060?
    Mods as in addons? No. I have tried some fixes from google but haven't had success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Mods as in addons? No. I have tried some fixes from google but haven't had success.
    I know that Window Mode is always problematic for people. I have a Radeon 7850 and no issues with Window Mode. Nvidia drivers maybe different than AMD's in terms of how it handles Window Mode.

Deleted
    Beta patch but
    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages..._review,8.html

Thats errr, yeah Nvidia really is DX12 ready... thing is, there are more features to DX12 then async yet I dont see much improvement, I agree with the RX480 should of got a bigger bump but a gain is a gain I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Beta patch but
    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages..._review,8.html

Thats errr, yeah Nvidia really is DX12 ready... thing is, there are more features to DX12 then async yet I dont see much improvement, I agree with the RX480 should of got a bigger bump but a gain is a gain I guess.
    The difference could also be attributed to the game being sponsored by AMD. DX12 is one thing, but more consistently we see games that are sponsored that gain an edge for the sponsor. Rise of the Tomb Raider favors Nvidia and Deus Ex favors AMD. We know AMD gains more from DX12, but the differences we see here are attributed to sponsoring.

Good news for 1080 owners is they get a nice boost at 1080p in this game, but like other benchmarks it tanks at 1440p+, which is arguable the resolution the 1080 was made for. But yea, the practice of sponsoring a game to get an edge in benchmarks is getting out of hand, and yet nobody is bitching about it but me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I still bitch about it, not as often but I still do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pls Duke, there's always someone bitching about it. It's way more prevalent with GimpWorks titles but we do it when some AMD game has shit Nvidia performance too.