Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    No other races would join them.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    A faction of elves sounds silly. Besides, you would be left with 3 horde players if the elves left the horde. xD

I like the idea of disbanding both faction alliances and just have every race by itself. Could make more interesting stories with that.
    Actually we could have land disputes with multiple races fighting each other! Now that would be fun!

In PvE we could remove restraint completely and every race should be able to group up with other. But on territorial battles PvP for all. xD Ah good times that would be.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-08-22 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Probably the same reason that Death Knights aren't being hunted down if they leave Northrend and are spotted summoning ghouls from nearby graveyards. That is to say: it probably won't be explained or someone will just Highfive a named Illidari during a cutscene and we'll move on without an actual treaty or conversation.
    this, exactly this, and that's perhaps what i'm most sad about wow, some of these caviar moments need attention, it's not always about the big mega moments, if you forget the some of these more meaningful exchanges and just don't do anything about them i dunno, it just makes it less real, the novels should endavour to include these sort of things you know.

they shoudl define the relationships - I strongly feel that the night elves would in admire the demon hunters, but more in secret. None of them wants to get corrupted, but all of them hate the legion, and now these guys have given everything even the compromising of their body, and the real danger of their soul on theprecipice but yet have the integrity and the sheer audicity to survive and not instead fight htis evil.

it's a different, i expect the night elves to finally understand this.. especially when Illidan returns - and I hope they expound on this.. because a lot has changed since their 10k year period of isolation. People forget that the night elves, the highborne and the nightborne have all been in isolation for nearly 10k years, the night elves break isolation with Tyrande releasing Illidan to fight the legion..now why would the night elves not see demon hunters as evil fel users and hate them?

because they're not superstitious silly humans. They now have some pieces of info about the situation that they didn't have on mount hyjal concerning Illidan and the Legion and this should change everything on how they feel. So they've been wrong for 10k years on the subject and on Illidan, but not because they were stupid but because they didn't have the info.

now what do/will they find out? 1. Illidan never betrayed them - was never working with the Legion, and was always playing double agent
    2. Illidan wasn't restoring the well of eterinty (the so-called evidence of his guilt) because he wanted the legion back, it had nothing to do with that, he knew his people would greatly desire this and want it back - but they didn't get it, they mis-understood the Well in the wake of the trauma, unlike Illidan, the other night elves had not seen what he saw of the legion
    3. Illidan actually can handle fel without it corrupting his soul, and in fact htis is what all the demon hunters are doing

point 3 is the most important part, when they realize their intent is actually pure, despite their methods - this is a huge shift - it doens't mean night elves would be queuing up to become demon hunters, or contend with fel, no that's still very dangerous, but those who were so driven and succeeded in it, wont' be driven out or hunted and imprisoned - they are NOT the same as the demons

4. The attitude against the Illidari - has been more the WARDENS and in particular Maiev's rather than the whole of the night elves, she has born that hatred for them, and classed them as no different than the demons they fight, she contended with Tyrande on the issue when the voice of elune herself found it necessary to release him, Maiev didn't understand.. it took the Wardens nearly being destroyed before she finally trusted her gut, and released them

and yes, Maiev trusted the demon hunters when it came down - which means she was being a royal bitch - locking them up in her arrogant pious manner, knowing full well they fought the legion, - now she is forced to confront this prejudice and she loses it in their release.

you can't go back from there, they've been released and they are proving their worth beyond a shadow of a doubt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    A faction of elves sounds silly. Besides, you would be left with 3 horde players if the elves left the horde. xD

I like the idea of disbanding both faction alliances and just have every race by itself. Could make more interesting stories with that.
    Actually we could have land disputes with multiple races fighting each other! Now that would be fun!
    they could just merely develop each race as a faction of itself, even though they are still in the horde and allianc,e just not make the horde and alliance such a major feature, let the race be more prominent than the faction. so you get a little bit of faction advancement, but largely more racial advancement each time. that would work without having to get rid of the horde and allinace, just don't let them dominate everyone! sure if you play human and orc they would be a major part of that race and the adventure, but if you play night elf or blood elf or dwarf or forsaken or troll, they would be a side element.

Each race has enough sub-races and factions to be very interesting with a larger focus on them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I'm not sure how you keep getting confused about this.
    Its not confused, its phrasing. They're saying "working together", I simply see it as "working alongside towards a common goal". Sure, they can effectively be the same thing, but they can also be seen as distinct enough to be not quite the same thing as well. I just personally find my choice of phrasing to be the more apt description. Just clarifying my position.

Except where they started using a DH tank in a group dungeon as an example. That is twisting the lines between lore and gameplay mechanics and they know it so I called them on it.
    "Demon Hunters are free now and helping the Horde and Alliance fight the Legion" is lore.
    "Demon Hunters are assigned squad leaders leading groups of adventurers into dungeons" is mechanics.
    I'm not sure how anyone can get confused by this.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Curious, what you think if the night elven group [night elf, highborne, nightborne] and the Thalassian group (day elves) [High elf, blood elf, darkfallen] all united and became a faction of their own, which of the other races do you reckon would join them?
    I think the Tauren. Possibly the Panderian.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    and the Draenei, who seem to have befriended both

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    and the Draenei, who seem to have befriended both
    No, the Draenei are anti-nature, they would never get along with the tree hugging elves.

- - - Updated - - -

No, the Tauren will unite with the Taunka, Yaungol and Highmountaineers.
    Pandaren are more likely to unite with the Mogu than with any elves.

i could see suramar elves interested in the blood elves and the sunwell, but i doubt it'd ever lead to elven unification on that level.

if it were to happen though, baseline highborne, nightborne, and sin'dorei should be the three to unify.

Deleted
    I would like to join them. Their females look so awesome compared to males it would mean almost zero competition.

yes, and the worgen, I think without Sylvannas, the blood elves and forsaken would have no do with each other. s not like dead anyway, she has her own faction of undead and there are sever gups like the Ebon bladscourge, the darkfallen will be their own people now they are no longer under the Lich King as they were never mindless scourge.

Would be nice if the forasaken ended up being ruled by vampires rather than zombies. Just saying