Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Invasion leveling - time?

Hi guys.

I like to level a good handful of alts to do mount runs. I got full heirloom, minus 10%(from rings).

I plan to do monks, as they get 50% more XP from thier quest.

How much time, should I expect it to take from 10-90? I would do the trick with skipping stage 3. Other than that nothing(don't have any experience with the leveling).

10+ Year Old Account
    People are claiming 10-15 hours on Monks to get to level 100 which seems to line up with what I've been getting on mine.

I had my monk from 63 to 100 no rested, no rings in about 11 hours game time.

Deleted
    I don't get how ppl are that fast. On my monk I had the buff up, full heirloom, was tagging everything, leeching bossmobs while pulling trash around together etc...still I dont do more than 5-6 levels in 1 hour at around 70 now...

Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    I don't get how ppl are that fast. On my monk I had the buff up, full heirloom, was tagging everything, leeching bossmobs while pulling trash around together etc...still I dont do more than 5-6 levels in 1 hour at around 70 now...
    Are you doing the relogging thing with a raid group etc?

Deleted
    So, if my goal is level 90, it should be possible with like 6-10 hours?

Did 1-100 on mage in 8 hours. If you do Westfall through stage 3 solo and you manage to tag at least 6-7 bosses through Stage 3, and then relog to reset it back to Stage 1 it's ridiculously quick.

Only with heirlooms, no potions.

I'm at level 80 with 12 hours played on a hunter

Deleted
    with raf I did 1-91 in about 4.5hrs, so Id imagine something like 12 normally would be optimal? Thisis with a druid just moonfiring everything that moves

15+ Year Old Account
    Took me 13 invasions to level up from 90 to 100 on a hunter, non rested, no buffs.
    Then I opened all lockboxes but forgot to change loot for survival (I was survival last time I played, it stayed). Got a shitload of Spears and no bow. GG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    with raf I did 1-91 in about 4.5hrs, so Id imagine something like 12 normally would be optimal? Thisis with a druid just moonfiring everything that moves
    Did you RaF yourself?

If so, could please explain how?

I would love to go hardcore and level 12*2 dualbox.

Deleted
    This from another topic:

The best way I found to get the maximum out of ur invasion time when leveling is to repeat stage 3 multiple times by using Server Hop addon to find different servers.
    Note: you only get the stage completion rewards once (ex- stage 2 completion gives chest. you dont get multiple chests if you complete more stage 2s).

Stage 3 is completed by killing(tagging) the bosses, and you usually end up at around 90% of the stage progression and the remaining you grind it out from random mobs.
    So, once you have completed stage 3 for the first time, just server hop to kill the bosses and repeat. Hope this helps

Deleted
    Druid lvl 90-100 in approx 4 hours

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Did you RaF yourself?

If so, could please explain how?

I would love to go hardcore and level 12*2 dualbox.
    You login, press the RAF friend in social menu. Enter your own bnet mail, Hit send.
    Receieve mail, click link in it. Make the account on your BNet account as you don't need to make a new one.

Login (Select the new WoW account from drop-down menu in the BNet launcher), get the offer to buy game - buy game. Make new character, click play.
    Alt tab.

Go BNet launcher, select your primary wow account, hit play. Login, make a new char, group with the RAF char. Right click in party and see if you can "Summon friend" - if you can, you're linked and youre good to go!

Safety Note: You can skip paying to upgrade the game to full version (lvl cap 20, starter accounts) to verify that the accounts are linked if youre afraid to do it wrong. If you can't summon friend by right clicking when grouped, the linking went wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Are you doing the relogging thing with a raid group etc?
    well I am just doing one invasion zone mostly by joining pugs in the tool and if possible I join stage 3 grps...if thats what you mean....

Deleted
    Thank you so much.

I attempted the leveling via invasion on a level 11 I hit 2 Invasions and was level 24 after the 2nd one. Remember do not open the boxes until you hit 100...

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Hi guys.

I like to level a good handful of alts to do mount runs. I got full heirloom, minus 10%(from rings).

I plan to do monks, as they get 50% more XP from thier quest.

How much time, should I expect it to take from 10-90? I would do the trick with skipping stage 3. Other than that nothing(don't have any experience with the leveling).
    I don't know exactly what you guys are doing but I made it 1-100 with heirlooms and elixir in just over 3 hours doing only stage 1&2 near ironforge. It's well worth the gold if you have it. Oh FYI stand in the doorway of the Inn and you keep the well rested Buff for 200% bonus xp and just Crackling jade lightning the 3 mini bosses in stage 2

Deleted
    There are 2 ways about this.

1. Do stage 1-2, reset and then 20-25 mins before reset, finish the entire thing for a final chunk of xp, repeat untill lvl 100.

This method takes about 2,5 - 3 hours to 90 with RAF, I'd say its about double without, possibly more.

Then 90-100, with the same method you gain about 3-4 levels an hour with full looms.

2. Do stage 1-2, and then stage 3, where you tag every boss you can, at 90ish % you relogg, resetting it to stage 1. This is however only really doable once you got a flying mount.

This method easily shaves a few hours of the total time, but it does requiire more effort than the first method.

I have a few questions. I have a few lvl 100's and i went to go level my 55 monk yesterday, mostly Heirlooms.
    First problem I get obliterated by everything.
    Second problem, I finished my first invasion then I was about to fly to the second, hit the flight master and boom! I only know like 6 path and none go anywhere near where i wanted to go.
    Finally the third problem is that during phase 3 because I have no flying mount I cant keep up with the group. Im wondering how everyone is handling these problems, especially the people who are starting from scratch or from really low.
    Thoughts?
    "Sooner than what we've commonly used Soon™ to refer to."