Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Is midnight different depending on what zone you are in? It is bloody "midnight"

You heard of being a bit overstrung to play a game that people will be making threads on how overhyped and disappointing it is within 12 hrs? And that is me being liberal
    WTF sure it is...

If the release is 00.00 CEST shouldn't it be 22.00 GMT then? Or is it 01.00 CEST and 23.00 GMT?

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    If the release is 00.00 CEST shouldn't it be 22.00 GMT then? Or is it 01.00 CEST and 23.00 GMT?
    00:00 CEST is indeed 22:00 GMT, but here in the UK we're not in GMT at the moment, we're in BST so it'll be 23:00 BST.

Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    00:00 CEST is indeed 22:00 GMT, but here in the UK we're not in GMT at the moment, we're in BST so it'll be 23:00 BST.
    Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Makes sense.
    Fun fact - the UK spends more of the year ahead of itself than it does in GMT - the GMT that all other time zones are measured from.

Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    Fun fact - the UK spends more of the year ahead of itself than it does in GMT - the GMT that all other time zones are measured from.
    That's strange. But then again, UK is strange. I only know that we get to get up "one hour later" in the mornings when we go into CET, always great.

Wow, we had this exact topic before WoD release. People just have too much of a hard time understanding time zones and simple logic. In Europe Legion is unlocked when the servers in Paris hit midnight between 29th and 30th and in the US when servers in CA hit midnight between 29th and 30th, which happens 9 hours after Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    I've heard 30th August, but that doesn't say what hour. I've also heard EU is 1 day early.

I'm interested in EU mainly

Has Blizzard stated exactly when Legion will launch?

edited: 30th August, 00.00 CEST for Europe, 9 hours later for NA. 29th August at 11pm for UK folks.
    In the US it would be 3 am EST and midnight PST. Dunno about EU. I think they said you get it 9 hours before we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroh View Post
    Wow, we had this exact topic before WoD release. People just have too much of a hard time understanding time zones and simple logic. In Europe Legion is unlocked when the servers in Paris hit midnight between 29th and 30th and in the US when servers in CA hit midnight between 29th and 30th, which happens 9 hours after Europe.
    The reason its really fucking annoying to find this information, is because, if you play in EU ever, you'll know how SHIT our Blizzard communication is. EU is a barren wasteland in terms of Blizzard interaction. In fact, just for fun, i've created a thread in the feedback forum where I literally just bump it daily and nothing else. I do this to check the response time of the Blizzard forum mods, i.e, the people that will be delivering our valuable feedback back to Blizzard. Right now the thread has been up 2 days, a complete black mark on those forums. If it survives a week it will be a total shambles.

http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17613202836#1

They will leave, FOR DAYS, the American dates on the EU launcher, confusing everyone that hasn't searched around for accurate information. They go by the American month / date / year, too extremely often. The majority of the EU news and dates are copy pasted by some pleb and thrown out for literally weeks until they eventually edit the title or dates when they realise their mistake

So yes, people do have a hard time understand time zones, when they use a different one for every single announcement, probably because our announcements are done by Ireland some times, France some times, America some times and possibly even Russia some times, since they're part of EU too. ETA is not a hard thing to do. Yet Blizzard fails it in EU, constantly.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2016-08-23 at 02:45 PM.

Deleted
    Have you not noticed the rule of WoW forum complaints that the current expansion was always the most terrible thing ever. That's the only constant in WoW.