Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vampires still aren't in an average town, good or not though, which makes it not seem like the other town roles who are all people you could find in an average town.

- - - Updated - - -

And the fact is right now it's simply safer to lynch you than leave you alive. Even if you're telling the truth which I'm doubtful of we also can't trust your judgement, you only keep your self in check by killing a townie first and if a townie will die I'd rather it be you, now, because I don't think you even are town.

I'm staying on Ana

It's not 'safer' at all. Scum aren't going to kill their own and will hit Town each and every time that their kill goes through. I killed Dranxadin and have repeatedly put forward the theory that the remaining scum are disillusioned/lurking and will be found among the more inactive players or those that are usually very alert and engaged but happen to feel 'off' this time around.

Scum's best hope for a win at this point is to get me lynched and eliminate the risk of their remaining team members being hit by a night kill. Furthermore that also has the effect dragging out the game for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    As for the 'Vampiric' aspect of my role? If I succeed at hitting scum then I become 'invigorated' after consuming their blood and the following night my action is submitted as if it took place a few hours earlier. If I hit Town, however, I cannot kill anybody the following night.
    You claim to have targetted Krayzy N1. He is town. Explain why you can kill Night 2.

Explain why you targetted Krayzy in the first place, it's his first game in a year at least.

Explain why as a Vigi you'd target anyone on Night 1. Explanin all your target selects.

Explain why only one of your kills has gone through.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    You claim to have targetted Krayzy N1. He is town. Explain why you can kill Night 2.

Explain why you targetted Krayzy in the first place, it's his first game in a year at least.

Explain why as a Vigi you'd target anyone on Night 1. Explanin all your target selects.

Explain why only one of your kills has gone through.
    Krayzy didn't die. Neither did Celtic. So it wasn't counted as a 'kill'. As for why I targeted him it's as I said in an earlier post - I was trying to be pragmatic and eliminate somebody who wasn't really contributing. Yes, it was only N1 and Krayzy was a returning player but I wasn't really aware of the real life stuff he had going on at the time.

This is also only the second time that I've been a vigilante. I haven't been one since one of my very early games and my track record shows much more success as a simple VT or as scum than as a TPR. As far as I see it it's the duty of a vigilante to pick off players that are suspicious or are arguably just dead weight in an effort to help the game move forward. That is what I was trying to accomplish - and in Dranxadin's case at least it proved to be the right call.

As for why only one of my kills has gone through so far? Well, Celtic's 'vest' is the explanation for one of them and we now know that scum had a JK. I suspect that Crackle threw either Krayzy or myself in prison on N1. I didn't receive a message to suggest that my kill had been interrupted - it simply didn't go through so something blocked it.

I don't want to lynch Graeham today. If he is scum, he is most likely the SK. If he ends up doing a terrible kill tonight, lynch him tomorrow. Otherwise I will not lynch him unless the game is still going when I've lynched all of the players that I'd rather lynch than him.
    Last edited by dupti; 2016-08-23 at 03:35 PM.

Krayzy recieved a note night one, I dont know how the mechanic of the notes work but it seems there was some way to interact with him during that night.

I also have trouble see a game in which we'd have a vigi but no SK. I can see no alternative to Graeham being that SK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    I don't want to lynch Graeham today. If he is scum, he is most likely the SK. If he ends up doing a terrible kill tonight, lynch him tomorrow. Otherwise I will not lynch him unless the game is still going when I've lynched all of the players that I'd rather lynch him.
    Who would you rather lynch?

I went back and read crackles role. It only mentioned roleblocking no protection. That was something he inferred.

As Xan stated krayzy received a note proving night actions reached him

Lynch him!

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    Who would you rather lynch?

I went back and read crackles role. It only mentioned roleblocking no protection. That was something he inferred.

As Xan stated he received a note proving night actions reached him

Lynch him!
    I've already said. Listo, Anakso and maybe even Xan as well.

If Graeham is the SK then worst case scenario, he makes a terrible kill and gets lynched tomorrow. Right now we are forcing him into playing like a vigi no matter what his actual alignment is, which means that he has to play pro town.

- - - Updated - - -

So yes, I'd much rather leave him alive. If he is the SK and we are forcing him into killing off mafia, surely the mafia will have to realise they need to kill him as well which is perfectly fine. I personally think no matter what his actual role is it is at point wiser to just leave him alive for now. I do not think he is ever mafia with that claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly have no idea which person I would rather lynch. Both trains have been even all day way I see it either is both are town/3rd party or at least one is scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    As Xan stated krayzy received a note proving night actions reached him
    /boggle. So because Krayzy claimed to have received a note that night, that means that all actions targeting him should have succeeded?

If Graeham is the SK then worst case scenario, he makes a terrible kill and gets lynched tomorrow. Right now we are forcing him into playing like a vigi no matter what his actual alignment is, which means that he has to play pro town.
    This. The whole safety and judgment argument isn't really doing it for me, and comes across a little like fearmongering. I could see lynching him today if he had killed an active townie, or if we were out of other options, or our position was tenuous. We're only down three townies to the three dead scum, though.

The way I see it, one of the following is true:
    - We have an outed flavor-trackable serial killer who cannot hit town without being launched to the front of the line for a policy lynch.
    - We have an outed flavor-trackable vigilante who has killed a mafioso and has yet to kill any townies.

Deleted
    I've already said. Listo, Anakso and maybe even Xan as well.

- - - Updated - - -

So yes, I'd much rather leave him alive. If he is the SK and we are forcing him into killing off mafia, surely the mafia will have to realise they need to kill him as well which is perfectly fine. I personally think no matter what his actual role is it is at point wiser to just leave him alive for now. I do not think he is ever mafia with that claim.
    The 'don't Lynch him because he'll play as a vig?'defence?

Dude. That never works and serial killers can never be trusted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reticence View Post
    /boggle. So because Krayzy claimed to have received a note that night, that means that all actions targeting him should have succeeded?

This. The whole safety and judgment argument isn't really doing it for me, and comes across a little like fearmongering. I could see lynching him today if he had killed an active townie, or if we were out of other options, or our position was tenuous. We're only down three townies to the three dead scum, though.

The way I see it, one of the following is true:
    - We have an outed flavor-trackable serial killer who cannot hit town without being launched to the front of the line for a policy lynch.
    - We have an outed flavor-trackable vigilante who has killed a mafioso and has yet to kill any townies.
    So we possibly mislynch today instead of tomorrow? Meanwhile someone is out about killing whoever he likes?

That's silly play

That argument only works if you know that he's a serial killer, and not a vigilante. If there's information you'd like to share with the rest of the class, Celtic, now's the time. Otherwise, what I'm reading is "Let's lynch a vigilante claim that literally tells us when he kills someone, when he's killed one scum and no townies, because he might be a serial killer!", and that's silly.

Also, don't gloss over the first part. That logic doesn't even work in a regular game, let alone this one.

You're going to take the word of someone that has literally admitted to lying as a townie, and thinks lying as a townie is a good idea?

And tell us, which 100% full proof mafia lynch are you putting forth today? I don't like Anaksos claim, so could be persuaded. But if we're wrong on Anakso and Graeham kills a town tonight, you're literally killing two town for no reason at all.

What Ret said.

In any case I need to leave now, but I expect the people on Graeham's wagon to switch to ensure a lynch, at least if you are town.

You're going to take the word of someone that has literally admitted to lying as a townie, and thinks lying as a townie is a good idea?
    Is that directed at me?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Is that directed at me?
    Yes.

Yes.
    Alright. Well, just to ensure that we're on the same page you're aware that Celtic admitted to lying about his role, yes? I imagine that if you were truly so concerned about sticking to the 'it's wrong for town to lie' narrative you'd be calling him out for that and perhaps even pushing a lynch on him instead. Though it's a little too late for that now I suppose.

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree with what Ret is saying about Graeham, and I said it in a previous post. So far no dead town by his hands. Doesn't matter if SK or Vig at this point, he has been relatively pro town (save the attempt on kray N1)

Staying on anasko. I don't feel they are town.