Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

"The Void is a more potent foe by far than the Burning Legion"

Spoken by a Naaru, possibly the oldest one still in existence. Page 263 of Illidan.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

we know this thanks to the chronicle.

it makes sense. it's one of the two primordial forces, existing long before creation. it makes sense that light and void should be the strongest sources of power to exist.

Wait... does that mean shadow priests are "stronger" than warlocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Sperrow View Post
    they would be, if they could delve into shadow without being consumed by it.

a warlock will only feel an urge to be more chaotic if it reaches for more power. a shadow priest will lose its mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sperrow View Post
    Shut up... Shut up! Not listening! *fingers in ears*

Deleted
    This "void" concept is boring.

Was it just made up so they could extend Lore and by doing so the Warcraft franchise after we have killed everything?

I'm pretty sure Xe'ra is just batshit crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

Was it just made up so they could extend Lore and by doing so the Warcraft franchise after we have killed everything?
    Probably, when our super hero PCs kill the legion and everyone gets a copy of sargeras' weapon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I'd say that indeed "The Void" just sounds like a big nothing. So far I love the Legion visuals and concept and if Legion delivers, I wonder what is next to potentially top it. But before we tackle the void, there are still Titans and Old Gods?

Titans, except Sageras, are all dead.
    Old Gods cannot be killed without hurting Azeroth.

It's basically the forces of Azeroth and the Naaru VS the Legion and the Void.

Still better than a warlock getting killed by his own summoned demons..
    Last edited by Flacko; 2016-08-25 at 10:04 AM.

that was already obvious from Chronicles, just some people denied it, saying Sargeras was still the big bad etc.

as far as Im concerned a Void (Dark) Titan represents the real power of the Void/Void Lord(s) in one way or another and Chronicle flatly states just a single void titan > Sargeras & BL and pretty much everything else everywhere (except maybe Azeroth herself)

so yeah endgame is clear now = many years into the future an old bearded Anduin, Velen, combined army of light, light-wielding Illidan, everyone else (and maybe even BL/Sargeras as allies ) against the Void

there are still Titans and Old Gods?
    (1) Titans are ded except Sargeras and we will either deal with him somehow or he will help us against the Void
    (2) only NZoth left, he may warrant a raid/tier patch or even an expansion, but he will go down just like CThun and Yogg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    Shut up... Shut up! Not listening! *fingers in ears*
    Totally read that in the Cho'gall voice

THE MASTER SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

The void is basically just so we have something to do if we definitively defeat the Legion. Normally I'd begrudge that kind of writing, but it's a pragmatic solution in this instance. The alternative would be getting stuck with a story where we can never actually defeat the Legion, and that would get even more hammy after a while.

Besides, they can conjure up a lot of backstory for the void, and we already have some stuff to go off. The Ethereal Protectorate is something that I'm really keen to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    (1) Titans are ded except Sargeras and we will either deal with him somehow or he will help us against the Void
    Not all Titans there is still the world-soul of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Still you should check what the artifact research says for both Tuure and Xal'atosh
    minor nitpick - its Xal'atath, the correct name of the shadow priest artifact

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

Ok, and why is that bad?

The franchise is still extremely popular, so why wouldn't they extend the lore?

What do you propose they do when we run out of Legion bigwigs to confront?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

it makes sense. it's one of the two primordial forces, existing long before creation. it makes sense that light and void should be the strongest sources of power to exist.

No it doesn't.

The universe is the result of Light and Void combining, so is the Nether in an even more chaotic and potent way.

When you combine them the result should be stronger.

Alas, WoW needs more loot pinatas, so they butchered the lore some more to give us a new enemy once the real enemy of this franchise is no more. Kinda what they did after Arthas had been defeated and look how that turned out. Whowing, Pandas (ok MoP story wasn't so bad) and Alternate Orcs, yay.

Good stories know when to end and don't endlessly one-up the earlier villains, thereby destroying them and their impact. World of Warcraft stopped having a good story a long time ago. Now it's Dragon Ball Z level of story telling without the interesting characters of Vegeta and some others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Good stories know when to end and don't endlessly one-up the earlier villains, thereby destroying them and their impact. World of Warcraft stopped having a good story a long time ago. Now it's Dragon Ball Z level of story telling without the interesting characters of Vegeta and some others.
    They would be completely out of their mind to just kill off an extremely popular and profitable franchise and not expanding on it because you don't like what they are doing with the stories and their impacts. I can kind of relate to what you're saying, but the fact of the matter is a new villain being stronger than the one we previously faced never undermined the latter for me. Deathwing for example; I still perceive him as one of the most threatening foes we faced, and even people I roleplay with acknowledge the current Legion threat as our strongest peril since the Cataclysm; just because we grew stronger we didn't all of a sudden forgot about how past threats affected us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    They would be completely out of their mind to just kill off an extremely popular and profitable franchise and not expanding on it because you don't like what they are doing with the stories and their impacts. I can kind of relate to what you're saying, but the fact of the matter is a new villain being stronger than the one we previously faced never undermined the latter for me. Deathwing for example; I still perceive him as one of the most threatening foes we faced, and even people I roleplay with acknowledge the current Legion threat as our strongest peril since the Cataclysm; just because we grew stronger we didn't all of a sudden forgot about how past threats affected us.
    Of course they would be. Money talks.

And this isn't some new phenomenon plaguing only WoW, this happens all the time to tv shows/film series too successful to cancel. It even has a name, 'jump the shark' moment.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-08-24 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    Ok, and why is that bad?

The franchise is still extremely popular, so why wouldn't they extend the lore?

What do you propose they do when we run out of Legion bigwigs to confront?
    I don't know, I liked it better when shadow was morally ambiguous and something that was supposed to balance out the Light rather than straight up evil. Good Light vs. Dark Evil is pretty much as generic as a story can get.