10+ Year Old Account

Lifebloom without auto-refresh, how best to use it?

Now that Lifebloom does not automatically refresh with a HT or RG, I get the feeling that one should probably get into the habit of letting Lifebloom pop on a target before reapplying it .

Is this mostly correct, or am I mistaken?

Should I clip Lifebloom to maintain 100% uptime? Or rather should I strive to reapply after it pops to get the most Heals per execution cost out of it?

Or am I entirely off-based and Lifebloom is now meant to be used judiciously and proactively (that is, not 100% uptime, but rather mostly only when I can anticipate the pop will be useful?)

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

refresh it when it has less than 5 secs left, it will be 100% uptime and it will also still bloom

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort View Post
    refresh it when it has less than 5 secs left, it will be 100% uptime and it will also still bloom
    To clarify, refresh it when it has less than 3 ticks left, right?

- - - Updated - - -

WOW i did not know this. Can blizzard get their shit together in the tooltips

@OP
    Lifebloom should be kept up for regrowth procs, refresh during the window for the proc apparently, and while you WANT close to 100% lifebloom update, there are situations (such as heavy aoe damage) where you have more important things to do than reapply it.

If you refresh lifebloom within the last 30% of its duration, you'll still get the bloom as well as refreshing up to the full 130% pandemic duration. Though that's within the last 4.5 secs of your initial lifebloom, not 5 secs :P
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2016-08-24 at 03:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    jeezus, where are we supposed to learn these things!?

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

When you refresh Lifebloom within the 30% of its *current* maximum duration it will bloom the *very moment* you refresh it. This means any refresh within the last 4.5 seconds of the original 15 seconds, which means that after 10.5 seconds you can get the first bloom. An already refreshed Lifebloom of 19.5 seconds duration can be refrshed within the last 5.85 seconds, which means that after every 13.65 seconds you can get the next bloom.

One bloom is worth about 4 Rejuv ticks in HPs healed. Lifebloom's HoT + bloom heals for about 66% more HPs than Rejuv, in return for costing 20% more mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    If you refresh lifebloom within the last 30% of its duration, you'll still get the bloom as well as refreshing up to the full 130% pandemic duration. Though that's within the last 4.5 secs of your initial lifebloom, not 5 secs :P

What the...is that really true? Stupid me just read a guide to learn the new playstyle and of course it says,
    Quote Originally Posted by icyveins
    When Lifebloom expires, it heals its target for a large amount. This means it is always recommended to let it expire from its target before refreshing it.
    http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/restora...owns-abilities

This is a bit of a game changer having it bloom even if I refresh. You can see the guide was clearly saying to let it expire to get the bloom before re-applying. I guess I shouldn't believe everything I read on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    jeezus, where are we supposed to learn these things!?
    Don't you know, you are supposed to keep up with every blue post, tweet, comment in the last 10 years to keep track of all the hidden passives and ability changes, that blizzard feels we don't need to have in the spellbook, since somehow more knowledge is "too confusing" versus stuff just mysteriously happening and not having a way to look it up.

Ideally - find an nerdy resto druid who's been playing a long time and remembers most of this damn crap!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrcodez View Post
    This is a bit of a game changer having it bloom even if I refresh. You can see the guide was clearly saying to let it expire to get the bloom before re-applying. I guess I shouldn't believe everything I read on the internet.
    Well especially from icy veins, or worse noxxic (blech) - massive grains of salt required when reading those guides.
    (though icy is usually a good place to start, especially if its a new spec for you, as it'll get your foot in the door of understanding it - just cant take it as gospel without further research)
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2016-08-24 at 04:14 PM.

Well especially from icy veins, or worse noxxic (blech) - massive grains of salt required when reading those guides.
    (though icy is usually a good place to start, especially if its a new spec for you, as it'll get your foot in the door of understanding it - just cant take it as gospel without further research)
    Also completely ignore their advice on most talents. Their reviewers basically seem to fall back on 'this talent sims best so pick it', often with no explanation of why you would want one over another. Even if a talent sims best (savage roar, bloodtalons) there is often no mention of the fact that if you are a new player you will be buttraped by these abilities so don't take them until you learn the rest of the class. There's also no mention about (for example) tracking procs. I guess they just assume you're going to stare at your buffs? Telling people WHAT to track on a new class is imo even more important than saying 'hey here's a rotation and these talents sim best'

ALLLLLL that said, yes Icy seems to be the best place to start for a new spec right now, since apparently there isn't anything better.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcodez View Post
    What the...is that really true?
    You can check yourself easily:

- Open the log chat tab.
    - Cast a Lifebloom.
    - See it ticking away.
    - Refresh when remaining time is below 4.5 seconds (5.65 seconds for an already extended one).
    - See a big tick (worth 10x small ticks) happen at once.

No idea if this is intended or not, I just happened to find it when I was testing my own abilities. I never cared to check before v7, maybe it always worked that way? Worth noting that the big bloom can crit on its own, just to make sure.

Can be even worth to specifically refresh earlier than the last 30%. If you see your Lifebloom target not taking too big a hit anytime soon, but know that the next damage spike might come some time later then the early refresh will allow you to time the bloom event.

Personally I got good help from Icy Veins guides and usually also understand their (short) explanation of why to take one talent over another. Sometimes their argument helps me decide on another talent even more, because my healing/raiding circumstances can be different from their assumption.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; 2016-08-24 at 05:54 PM.

Deleted
    damn glad to read this didnt know haha i whas waiting all the time till its gone :P

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    When you refresh Lifebloom within the 30% of its *current* maximum duration it will bloom the *very moment* you refresh it. This means any refresh within the last 4.5 seconds of the original 15 seconds, which means that after 10.5 seconds you can get the first bloom. An already refreshed Lifebloom of 19.5 seconds duration can be refrshed within the last 5.85 seconds, which means that after every 13.65 seconds you can get the next bloom.

One bloom is worth about 4 Rejuv ticks in HPs healed. Lifebloom's HoT + bloom heals for about 66% more HPs than Rejuv, in return for costing 20% more mana.
    Good info, thanks.

I was wondering why i kept hearing the 'bloom' sound when I refreshed it near it's expiry.

15+ Year Old Account
    How to keep track when to refresh and when not? Like, is there a weak-/poweraura that works well?
    "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

* * --(Terry Pratchett, Eric)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitanii View Post
    How to keep track when to refresh and when not? Like, is there a weak-/poweraura that works well?
    Just look at the timer...anytime its less than 4 secs you are in the clear regardless if its a fresh LB or an already extended one. (though im sure there prolly is WA somewhere out there for it

And it should be easy to make a weakaura that let's say glows when you're in the pandemic range (for the base duration at least).

15+ Year Old Account
    Just look at the timer...anytime its less than 4 secs you are in the clear regardless if its a fresh LB or an already extended one. (though im sure there prolly is WA somewhere out there for it
    Okay! I wasn't sure if the "less than 4 secs" would also apply to refreshed LB. Thank you!
    "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

* * --(Terry Pratchett, Eric)

It's 4.5 seconds for a 15 second Lifebloom, but 5.86 seconds for a 19.5 second (already extended) one. I also suggest to add another 200 - 300 milliseconds or so for your own reaction time. So use something like 4.7 - 4.8 seconds and 6 - 6.1 seconds for the Weak Aura, or rather 31.5% (x0.315).
    Last edited by Weissrolf; 2016-08-26 at 06:19 PM.

Did someone already set down to do a fitting WA for it?

Quote Originally Posted by miDnight77 View Post
    Did someone already set down to do a fitting WA for it?
    trigger: aura
    spell: lifebroom
    duration: <= 5
    only own: yes

animations: PULSE ZOOM, PULSE COLOR

and another one with

trigger: aura
    spell: lifebroom
    only own: yes
    inverse: yes

animations: PULSE ZOOM, PULSE COLOR, BOUNCE, BLINK, MAKE NOISE, DISABLE ALL BUTTONS, PRESS THAT SHIT xD