Thread: Release TIME?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Are we going to see "We did not expect THIS much players" bullshit again?
    "Breaking news: Blizzard didn't expect the amount of players to play their very popular game when it has loads of new content!"

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolsname View Post
    "Breaking news: Blizzard didn't expect the amount of players to play their very popular game when it has loads of new content!"
    Well no, they even talked about it a week back how they hope sharding and split starting zones should help deal with the expected serverloads in a much better way than in WoD. But can they realistically prepare their servers for the surge that's going to happen around midnight in current and new Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    It's gonna be like fucking Christmas Eve... I won't be able to sleep.
    Fck Christmas! Christmas aint Sh!t compard to Legion launch. This years Christmas is dead to me! *jk*

LEGION hype hype hype hype hype hype!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Well no, they even talked about it a week back how they hope sharding and split starting zones should help deal with the expected serverloads in a much better way than in WoD. But can they realistically prepare their servers for the surge that's going to happen around midnight in current and new Dalaran?
    It's just not rational to implement server capacities for a singular event. Of course there will be problems, the question is, how big they will be.

about the same time it's been for the last 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    They can, it's just an economically stupid move. A bit of complaining is ultimately less costly than the extra server capacity.

Though with WoD, player numbers more than doubling was rather unexpected.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    Not true, at least in NA. Launch is at midnight PDT, which means 1AM for mountain servers, 2 for central servers, 3 for eastern servers.
    You saying that all servers in US has the same time even though they are based on different part of the country? That feels odd. For EU it is midnight server at least because it is based on CEST.

Deleted
    I hope this clear out the confusion related to EU launch time. Bellow is a GM response:

Your ticket #******* has received a response from Blizzard Support:

Hey there ********,

I'm Game Master DudeNaulth. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to me today at Blizzard Entertainment. To my understanding, you wish to know the exact time of Legion's launch in Romania ^-^

I can totally understand that ^-^ As I am sure you wish to be prepared for launch day! The official release date is August 30, at 12 am Pacific Standard time.

This means that the specific Romanian time is going to be August 31, at 10 am. ₍₍ ᕕ( °ᗜ°)ᕗ ⁾⁾

Thank you again for taking the time to reach out to us at Blizzard, *******.
    I hope the rest of your week goes well.

To review your ticket, please follow the link above. If your issue has been addressed, you'll be able to resolve the ticket. If the issue is not yet resolved, you can file a response with additional information.

If you do not resolve the ticket or provide any further response within one week, the ticket will be resolved automatically and you'll receive a final update via email.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    You saying that all servers in US has the same time even though they are based on different part of the country? That feels odd. For EU it is midnight server at least because it is based on CEST.
    The launch is at 12:00am PST (California time zone.) The servers are in timezones to help players gather for optimal play times. But all launches, maintenance, etc is all done in PST time. So myself being in Minnesota Legion will be live at 2 AM for me.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Foolsname View Post
    Yeah because there was anyone expecting 10m on wod launch.

Oh wait no there wasn't.
    @eternallnight GM seems to have worked out the US time, EU launches earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

So 12AM PST, 3AM EST?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eternallnight View Post
    I hope this clear out the confusion related to EU launch time. Bellow is a GM response:

[snip]
    The response actually made it worse. LOL

California isn't even in PST (Pacific Standard Time) at the moment. They're in PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) until November 1st. This doesn't really mean anything to most people, but if he (I assume from "Dude") is going to be that specific, he should at least be right.

As has been said (and confirmed) in lots of places (unfortunately, along with incorrect information in just about as many places) Legion launches at midnight PDT in North America and midnight CEST elsewhere. 8/30 at midnight CEST would be 1am in Romania (yes?), not 10am on the 31st. :/ You only convert from PDT to your local time when in North America, otherwise you convert from midnight CEST.

This time zone stuff is crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    So 12AM PST, 3AM EST?
    East Coast US = 3am Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    And how you gonna do that?

Unless they're significantly increasing the XP amounts, there's no way to get maxed in less than 10 hours, without possible exploits.
    My own beta experience so far tells me, that it takes about 1 - 1 1/2 hrs per level.
    I think that's a decent ballpark number too. It should take about 24 hrs played time to get a toon maxed from 100 - 110.
    So, 2.4 hours per level would be the sweet spot imo.

But leveling in 6 hours? no, not happening under normal circumstances.

you must be new to wow, in the past people have found ways to level to cap in that time frame of 6-12 hours

Quote Originally Posted by kenshin69 View Post
    you must be new to wow, in the past people have found ways to level to cap in that time frame of 6-12 hours
    and last expansion the first 5 people all got perma banned for doing it.

and cried on you tube for weeks

10+ Year Old Account
    how to find the release time if im not from USA or EU pls help

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    how to find the release time if im not from USA or EU pls help
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/san-francisco

Count the time until 12:00 AM and add that to your time to find the release time.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    The response actually made it worse. LOL

California isn't even in PST (Pacific Standard Time) at the moment. They're in PDT (Pacific Daylight Time) until November 1st. This doesn't really mean anything to most people, but if he (I assume from "Dude") is going to be that specific, he should at least be right.

As has been said (and confirmed) in lots of places (unfortunately, along with incorrect information in just about as many places) Legion launches at midnight PDT in North America and midnight CEST elsewhere. 8/30 at midnight CEST would be 1am in Romania (yes?), not 10am on the 31st. :/ You only convert from PDT to your local time when in North America, otherwise you convert from midnight CEST.

This time zone stuff is crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

East Coast US = 3am Yep.
    I also replied to GM to ask for a confirmation, and I got this:

Your ticket #56387757 has received a response from Blizzard Support:

Hello there, *****.

Game Master Ranlim here. First off, Thanks for taking your valuable time to ticket in the issue you have and waiting on response.

I've check again on the Legion release time for you *****, it just all that the devs give us right now is that Legion will be release on the 30th but without the specific time. But from what I hear and can see it's likely on Midnight on Monday going to Tuesday. I'm sorry I could provide more information about the release date.

If you have additional questions or concerns, you may choose "Reopen", If you wish to close the ticket, please choose "Mark as Resolved" above.

Thank you and happy gaming!

~ Ranlim

Now, I am really confused...

Don't we all just love the release day......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansdog View Post
    Its 3am est time. That means I have to set my alarm.
    ugh really wish they'd just give in and launch at 9pm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Always just after midnight local time on release day.
    Wrong, in NA Legion will launch at 12:01 am PST, meaning if you are on the east coast It would be 3am, 4am if you live in maine or the most eastern parts of canada. I don't know about the EU, but I think they go by paris's time.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.