Quote Originally Posted by Kharahh View Post
    Doing quick math the nerfs seem to be a slight buff. Correct if I'm wrong. If anything, is this not just making Haste more valuable now , as even with mastery buffed emp. youre looking at roughly .25% increased damage (not really much):

AsP
    LS_old 14
    LS_new 15
    SW_old 8.4
    SW_new 10
    Should be a slight nerf to haste and a slight buff to mastery. 2% per point of mastery up from 1.75% is a 12.5% buff and a nerf to dots is a nerf to haste. A buff to astral power generation is a buff to haste and mastery I'm not sure which one it favors more though.

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    Should be a slight nerf to haste and a slight buff to mastery. 2% per point of mastery up from 1.75% is a 12.5% buff and a nerf to dots is a nerf to haste. A buff to astral power generation is a buff to haste and mastery I'm not sure which one it favors more though.
    It's a ~14.3% buff, not 12.5%. 2/1.75 ~ 1.143

Haste may make us get more AP, but it also makes us spend it faster, so in the end, it only speeds up the cycle, at least for the builders that were buffed. It was things like Shooting Stars and multidotting that made it significantly stronger.

Mastery is simply to weak, and Crit is hurt by the lack of any crit based active or passive benefits, since it is by the numbers weaker than haste as a pure damage increase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    And in the week he said: "To keep it simple. Get as much Haste and Intellect and possible. Try to keep Versatility close to Critical Strike. Mastery is meh, so try to avoid it." so I guess it's the above that counts for him?
    This, except we want to keep a bit of a gap between crit and vers. Pretty much only exception is pure single target, where haste can be equal to or worse than crit, depending on legendary & talents.

Deleted
    Hey guys, I'm having so problems with my rotation. My single target damage is fine, but my damage on trash packs is really low. Im trying to dot all the targets with Moon- and Sunfire and then casting Lunar Strike -> Starfall, but I'm just not doing very much. I'm doing heroic dungeons, so is it maybe just because they die too quickly? Anyway, can anyone give or link me to a detailed guide for AoE rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    This, except we want to keep a bit of a gap between crit and vers. Pretty much only exception is pure single target, where haste can be equal to or worse than crit, depending on legendary & talents.
    Eh, "want to"... it's going to come down to gear availability anyway, not much point in stressing out over it.

Since we'll probably sport the ring until they either introduce a Legendary next season(wait, wrong game) or nerf it, i doubt haste is ever going to drop below the rest. Unless you use one of the other Legendaries to cheese some mechanic, but that's probably just for one encounter, so no point in redoing your whole gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FruitCakeRonin View Post
    Hey guys, I'm having so problems with my rotation. My single target damage is fine, but my damage on trash packs is really low. Im trying to dot all the targets with Moon- and Sunfire and then casting Lunar Strike -> Starfall, but I'm just not doing very much. I'm doing heroic dungeons, so is it maybe just because they die too quickly? Anyway, can anyone give or link me to a detailed guide for AoE rotation?
    If they die in less than 10 seconds, just skip DoTs entirely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Eh, "want to"... it's going to come down to gear availability anyway, not much point in stressing out over it..
    Yeah and you could also say that "just take w/e looks cool, don't stress out over it..". You might not care what is optimal, but others might.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    Yeah and you could also say that "just take w/e looks cool, don't stress out over it..". You might not care what is optimal, but others might.
    It's not that i don't care, it's that we're unlikely to have much control over it.

It's not that i don't care, it's that we're unlikely to have much control over it.
    especially with all the silly amounts of warforged versions that can drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Alame View Post
    I say the boomkin name is tied to a playstyle involving stacking buffs for big hits - I talk about Starsurge because that's the most recent & relevant incarnation of the playsytle. You get tied down on the details of me specifically mentioning Starsurge and say I must be wrong because this playstyle (which exists by your own admission) existed before Starsurge did.

Fact of the matter is by splitting our return on the AsP/damage conversion from a 1GCD window into a 5.5s, 3-cast window, this playstyle has been effectively killed for all but extremely long-duration buffs. Crit benefits this playstyle significantly more than Haste does, and the end result is a devaluation of Crit.
    The boomkin name is tied to a playstyle from almost 10 years ago, let it go. Things change.

Deleted
    Today in the raid i noticed some weird bug? with starfall. On the top of a mob's health bar Starfalls duration is 8 seconds like it should be. But in the right top corner of the screen where the buffs/debuffs are shown and on the weak aura Starfalls full duration is 6 seconds. I thought maybe its the class trinket so i used once the class trinket and the other time different trinkets. Didn't change anything..

Heres a picture of it (green circles): http://imgur.com/a/pkL6k

Can anyone confirm this? or is this a known visual bug only?
    Last edited by mmoc8e943ae0c7; 2016-08-24 at 09:37 PM.

It's the mob debuff that is bugged. 6 seconds is accurate, 8s is the unhasted duration.

Yeah, starfall only lasts for 6 seconds now for some reason while the tooltip still says 8 and the debuff on the targets gets removed

Deleted
    ah ok, thanks for the quick answers, i appreciate it
    Last edited by mmoc8e943ae0c7; 2016-08-24 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catbug View Post
    Yeah, starfall only lasts for 6 seconds now for some reason while the tooltip still says 8 and the debuff on the targets gets removed
    It just gets shortened by haste, is all.

Deleted
    Could've sworn that bug got fixed back in beta at some point : / Maybe fixing the damage log bug reintroduced it.

Deleted
    How likely is FoE to become the go to/must have talent early on or in later tiers?

Had planned on coming back to my dudu after playing DK for a while, however I hate Breath of Sindragosa gameplay which FoE is just a copy of, so I'm not sure I want to put myself through that kind of situation again.

Edit: I.e. in WoD BoS wasn't viable untill late BRF and moreso in HFC due to gear, trinkets etc. I'd rather not get caught halfway into the expansion playing FoE when I know I dislike that style of gameplay.

Deleted
    FoE is for cleave, not for single target.

And pretty much only for that, too. It's also only going to get worse as we get more mastery and traits, since it benefits from neither.

Anyone else had the Starfall bug in last night's raid? I didn't notice anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz
    FoE is for cleave, not for single target.
    And pretty much only for that, too. It's also only going to get worse as we get more mastery and traits, since it benefits from neither.
    So then does our stat priority change for single target when we're not taking FoE