Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

tagging invasion demons

Hi

So to get heaps of exp in invasions you wanna tag as many things as possible. If i mindsear a group of demons, and the aoe hits them does that count as me tagging them?

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Hi

So to get heaps of exp in invasions you wanna tag as many things as possible. If i mindsear a group of demons, and the aoe hits them does that count as me tagging them?
    Yes. /10chars

Yesterday I played with my spriest. I was throwing a shadow pain on every target and I received XP from them when they die.
    Mind Sear should work too

Deleted
    Mind sear works, SW:P is also great for tagging

As others have said Mind Seer works but it is rare that you get many mobs close enough together to use it often, I found running around tagging the closest mob(s) with SW:P to be quite effective.

15+ Year Old Account
    So is the experience different between being in a 5 man tagging group or a large raid sized tagging group? I assume there isnt, but everyone in general chat is always wanting 5 man groups for exp gains.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    So is the experience different between being in a 5 man tagging group or a large raid sized tagging group? I assume there isnt, but everyone in general chat is always wanting 5 man groups for exp gains.
    It seems like bosses always give full experience, but normal/elite mobs start to lose their value if there's more than five people. And it matters, since big elites are worth like 1/4 of a boss and go down fairly quickly.

So I'm just gonna ask this question here. I get the feeling I'm missing something. I've been levelling my paladin from 80-88 with invasions. The question is: How do you not die?...

I DPS the boss = he eventually oneshots me.
    I tag the boss and run, too far = no XP.
    I tag the boss and run staying close = I drop out of combat = no XP.
    I tag the boss and run staying close = he eventually puts a debuff on me that kills me within seconds = no XP.

What am I missing? Is the scaling off? So far the only reliable way I've found, is use Divine Shield, tag the boss and hope he dies within 8 sec. Has to be timed perfectly.

I've died more times in 2 days than in a month on a vanilla server.
    Last edited by Aleks0410; 2016-08-25 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    So I'm just gonna ask this question here. I get the feeling I'm missing something. I've been levelling my paladin from 80-88 with invasions. The question is: How do you not die?...

I tag the boss and run staying close = he eventually puts a debuff on me that kills me within seconds = no XP.

What am I missing? Is the scaling off? So far the only reliable way I've found, is use Divine Shield, tag the boss and hope he dies within 8 sec. Has to be timed perfectly.
    Make sure every now and then you're actually using gear upgrades so you have stamina to survive. Use your defensive / healing abilities
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Ill give you my take, I lvled 2 chars through invasions.

What seemed to have happened was that everytime I tagged a mob from a pack the whole pack would give me xp without me tagging everything in that pack.

I was concerned as well as mobs that I never touched were giving me xp. I am not 100% sure if thats the case or if it was glitched or something but it did happen for me a lot in my over 10 hours of invasions leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Make sure every now and then you're actually using gear upgrades so you have stamina to survive. Use your defensive / healing abilities
    Leads me to another question.

I just replaced:

Spiked Titansteel Treads
    Ilvl 200
    Armor 51
    Str 25
    Sta 21
    Crit 11

With:

Felforged Warboots
    Ilvl 443
    Armor 57
    Str 25
    Sta 37
    Crit 16
    Haste 16

Does this look right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leads me to another question.

I just replaced:

Spiked Titansteel Treads
    Ilvl 200
    Armor 51
    Str 25
    Sta 21
    Crit 11

With:

Felforged Warboots
    Ilvl 443
    Armor 57
    Str 25
    Sta 37
    Crit 16
    Haste 16

Does this look right?
    Yes that looks right. I wouldn't waste ANY of that gear, though, just keep leveling with what you have. It's a waste to use it prior to level 91.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Yes that looks right. I wouldn't waste ANY of that gear, though, just keep leveling with what you have. It's a waste to use it prior to level 91.
    223 Ilvls on an item and you gain 6 armor and no STR? I thought something was off, but maybe not. What happens at 91?

223 Ilvls on an item and you gain 6 armor and no STR? I thought something was off, but maybe not. What happens at 91?

At 91 you get into WoD gear levels. Prior to that you're still working with the item level squish.

That stam tho...
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Priest tagging really spoiled me. Trying to do the same thing with a warrior is really frustrating in comparison.

15+ Year Old Account
    It looks right, Fel items from crates didn't scale nicely on lower levels, but I think it was hotfixed today. Still, as Darsithis said, it's not worthy to open them before max level.

EDIT: Untrue

Fixed a bug that was preventing some lower-level event reward armor from gaining item level upgrades when Warforged.
    Um, nah - it's something else.

10+ Year Old Account

I've died more times in 2 days than in a month on a vanilla server.
    Mount up in your flying mount and stay at distance so they cannot hit you, when they are low on HP hit them with some spell and you get the XP. Easy
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || GPU: MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB (upgrading soon™) || MOBO: MSI B550 PRO || RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4-3200MHZ RGB (2x8GB) || M2 NVME: PNY CS3030 500GB || SSD: Crucial BX100 250GB || HDD: WD 1TB Blue || COOLER: CoolerMaster Masterliquid ML120L V2 RGB || PSU: Seasonic Focus 750W 80+ Gold - Full Modular || CASE: Nox Infinity Atom || HEADSET: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma || KEYBOARD: Razer Ornata Chroma || MOUSE: Razer Naga Hex v2

10+ Year Old Account
    At level 91 you start in the Warlords item level inflation and should see a larger gain. They squished the gear stats between 1 - 90 because it was getting a little out-of-hand, my gear from Mists used to have thousands of stamina and strength on them.

Even so, save most of them, at least 20 or so, for level 100 so you have the best gear for starting out in Legion.

Easiest way to tag all the mobs in an area as priest is to cast a few heals. You get tags on pretty much on everything (basically you get every tag of every player you healed). Prayer of healing is the best for the job.

Spamming dots are too much work when you can just renew a few hunters and let them do the dirty work for ya.