Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    @nephzor that would be great if we still had gorefiend but we don't.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to give enhance a try....I don't want to reroll and if I do I want to stay in melee. Unholy is the most fun it's ever been, but i'd love to just play frost for an expansion without having to play unholy. Granted when I played unholy in cata/mop it was out of choice due to festerblight being an exceptionally fun way to play in tot and I just like how Gurth'alak was with unholy in cata.
    Enhance is fun, i was messing with it around on beta. I hate to re-roll, i have 2 toons that more or less main my Kitty-Bear and my DK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lichbones View Post
    why go with Blast Radious before the 3rd golden uinlock?
    The cost penalty for this would be what a total of near 1mill artifact power? and that will probl take like a month alone
    Is that penalty really worth the time of not having the last unlock? though i see the apeal of Blast Radious making HB 30% harder
    No where near 1Mil ArtPow cost

Deleted
    Regarding the FP talent build, is anyone else having trouble keeping up RP generation to maintain the Icy Talons stacks?

Maybe it's the complete change in playstyle that takes some time getting used to, but I feel like my RP pool is absolutely awful if I don't use OB. Would a FP build without Frostscythe (hence speccing into RA) straight out be suboptimal?

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    No where near 1Mil ArtPow cost
    Point Number 28 = 240870 points
    Nummber 29 = 315520
    Number 30 = 417560

Total points = 973950
    - Close to 1 mill is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Lichbones View Post
    Point Number 28 = 240870 points
    Nummber 29 = 315520
    Number 30 = 417560

Total points = 973950
    - Close to 1 mill is it not?
    It puts you 3 ranks behind that is it, and the 3rd trait is AoE only while BR is ST and AoE. By the time your that far in with ArtRes it wont take very long.
    Last edited by Gemini Soul; 2016-08-25 at 10:14 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    He will actually have a harder time cause he picked frost. There aren't many guilds that can kill content while it's relevant and let players play whatever they want. I legitimately just got kicked out of a guild because I wouldn't play unholy for the pre-expansion raiding experience when nothing mattered(I'm talking, I was giving frost whirl for a few weeks post 7.0 and was legit told go unholy or find a new guild). Considering the content at this point didn't matter I said if I can't experiment with my class during a time of experimentation then I honestly don't need to be here and got the boot. I said I'd be playing unholy in Legion if that was the case, but right now I wanted to play around....

Long story short, the try-hard guilds in this game honestly ruin the raiding scene. Specs matter for world progress....if you're not at worst top 500...then spec shouldn't be a problem...Hell I even remember being turned down by a couple guilds when I came back because I wasn't spec'd for unholy...I was frost/blood and got an instant nope.

I hate reading this. It's people who don't know shit and spreading garbage rumors then guilds think it's facts. Go UH or go home? Fuck off. I raid with three other DKs and beat them all on mythic fights on our last raid weeks. If not we were all neck and neck. My imgur pics u posted showed myself as frost destroying mythos 4+ trash. Which needs to die fast right? Bosses are different but I held my own but I held my own

About Jaces map. I agree getting sindragosa asap but the 8 yard frost strike is real nice and QoL improvement
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

@nephzor that would be great if we still had gorefiend but we don't.
    Damn we dont have Gorefiend's grasp, sky is litterally falling now /s

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zekken View Post
    Regarding the FP talent build, is anyone else having trouble keeping up RP generation to maintain the Icy Talons stacks?

Maybe it's the complete change in playstyle that takes some time getting used to, but I feel like my RP pool is absolutely awful if I don't use OB. Would a FP build without Frostscythe (hence speccing into RA) straight out be suboptimal?
    Nope not me. Try a burn all runes style. If nothing is flashing then hit GA RE or OB and hope it Crits. If nothing then let frozen pulse do it's thing. On trash packs just spam scythe. Adds will melt
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by zekken View Post

It's a complete change in playstyle...you essentially only ever want to FS when IT is about to wear off. Also reason for that is to delay RE procs from happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nephzor View Post
    Damn we dont have Gorefiend's grasp, sky is litterally falling now /s
    Only blood has it.

Quote Originally Posted by nephzor View Post
    @Hoeth

You say that as if dk doesnt bring anything to a raid, DPS != utility, just look at hfc how many guilds struggled hard on xhul and mannoroth because they had mages and rogue but no dk's to grip the adds. It's cool that they can do damage, but you still have to think about mechanics.
    not any more tanks to ability pruning its all about them meters

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    I hate reading this. It's people who don't know shit and spreading garbage rumors then guilds think it's facts. Go UH or go home? Fuck off. I raid with three other DKs and beat them all on mythic fights on our last raid weeks. If not we were all neck and neck. My imgur pics u posted showed myself as frost destroying mythos 4+ trash. Which needs to die fast right? Bosses are different but I held my own but I held my own

About Jaces map. I agree getting sindragosa asap but the 8 yard frost strike is real nice and QoL improvement
    I mean my guild and anyone stating frost was worse..weren't wrong...The problem is they think they're better than they actually are and force players into specs or find somewhere else to go. That's fine it's their guild it is what it is. However if you aren't killing all mythic within 4-5 months after release...chances are that it's not your Frost DK's Fault for playing frost over unholy. Your guild just isn't that good and that's perfectly fine. However like I said...Regardless of the ceiling being higher for unholy...if your DK is doing 200k as frost and 175k as unholy...what's the better option? Yes unholy has a higher ceiling, but they don't enjoy it and thus their ceiling is actually lower than a top players and they max out much lower.

What sucks about Unholy is their best stat is Haste, which means Haste food and the best Haste food needs 5X of 4 different types of herbs per craft which screws over DK's who don't have Herbalism and are BS/Mine like me. Frost would use Crit food which takes Fish, Meat, and 2 vendor mats you buy with gold, both meat and fish can be farmed easily.

Luckily they added Shoulder Enchants which makes mobs drop "bags" that contain things based on the enchant use. You can get one that drops herbs/Fish or one that drops meat.

To the shattering strikes thing the other page.
    Double RI is the intended design for this. Likely you wouldn't take it until you get deeper into the artifact and get the one that buffs it's damage, but this is what is intended to go with Shattering Strikes. Barely seen if any evidence that actually proves its a loss or gain to use it compared to having FC, so the answer for this is kinda up in the air

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Double RI is the intended design for this. Likely you wouldn't take it until you get deeper into the artifact and get the one that buffs it's damage, but this is what is intended to go with Shattering Strikes. Barely seen if any evidence that actually proves its a loss or gain to use it compared to having FC, so the answer for this is kinda up in the air
    This is why I wish we could have a portable runeforge as frost. We're the only class that will have to adjust runeforges by encounter. I mean yea if you're progressing on a single target boss and happen to kill him just suck it up the rest of the night. But to have to adjust runeforges like frost will potentially have to...doesn't seem fun without a portable runeforge.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean my guild and anyone stating frost was worse..weren't wrong...The problem is they think they're better than they actually are and force players into specs or find somewhere else to go. That's fine it's their guild it is what it is. However if you aren't killing all mythic within 4-5 months after release...chances are that it's not your Frost DK's Fault for playing frost over unholy. Your guild just isn't that good and that's perfectly fine. However like I said...Regardless of the ceiling being higher for unholy...if your DK is doing 200k as frost and 175k as unholy...what's the better option? Yes unholy has a higher ceiling, but they don't enjoy it and thus their ceiling is actually lower than a top players and they max out much lower.

Well said sir. Well said. I'm great at frost on live and stink as UH but on beta and with legendary bracers, I'm pretty decent
    Filthy Casual

I hope it isn't, because the self healing from fallen crusader is a nice thing to have. We're already relatively squishy as is compared to other immobile melee DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    I hope it isn't, because the self healing from fallen crusader is a nice thing to have. We're already relatively squishy as is compared to other immobile melee DPS.
    That is where permafrost helps out, it is fairly significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    That is where permafrost helps out, it is fairly significant.
    Counting the days until that gets reduced to 15% (or lower)...

"...we don't like the idea of DKs having any survivabilty -- why do you think we removed all their mobility?"

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Counting the days until that gets reduced to 15% (or lower)...

"...we don't like the idea of DKs having any survivabilty -- why do you think we removed all their mobility?"
    Would not be surprised if it did get nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    The healing from FC (in raids) is hardly a reliable form of self healing. You're weighting that component of it much too high. I mean in solo content, and there's plenty of places for it, I see what you mean. Otherwise, in raids, FC is hardly a "reliable" way to have self healing.

Quote Originally Posted by frychikn View Post
    you're not even in a top guild and you are so anal about numbers for whatever reason. I doubt you'll lose a raid spot cus you picked frost in your guild.
    Define "top guild" for me real quick.

Because I will tell you that most guilds who are around the world 300ish mark will not take a dk who plays frost simply because they're too stubborn to switch to unholy. Maybe you don't consider those "top guilds" but, regardless of what we define that group of players as, it will be hard to find a raiding spot in those guilds as frost.

- - - Updated - - -

They're still going with the intended thing, eh? I thought numbers had been tested and it was dps loss? Or was that only for live prepatch 100?

- - - Updated - - -

They're still going with the intended thing, eh? I thought numbers had been tested and it was dps loss? Or was that only for live prepatch 100?