Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Question, I've read other in other places that if we use DS as outlaw we should be using finishers at 5 CP so that I don't waste CP by a saber slash double proccing.

In other words, if I'm at 4 CP, and my saber slash doesnt double proc, should i just use the finisher at 5 CP or use saber slash again to always get 6 CP finishers, regardless of if it wastes a CP by SS double proccing

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks man, i love you <3

Quote Originally Posted by Houselol View Post
    Question, I've read other in other places that if we use DS as outlaw we should be using finishers at 5 CP so that I don't waste CP by a saber slash double proccing.

In other words, if I'm at 4 CP, and my saber slash doesnt double proc, should i just use the finisher at 5 CP or use saber slash again to always get 6 CP finishers, regardless of if it wastes a CP by SS double proccing
    5 or 6 cp.

This is the only guide I see that recommends Ghostly Strike? Any explanation? Bookmarked, good job!

Deleted
    My talent choices are simply done straight out from sims. The combination of talents is what sims the highest without any factors like legendaries.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd recommend never using finishers below 5-6 combo points, as Deeper Stratagem will increase the damage of the finisher by 10%, which is a quite big damage difference. We're talking 30-40k simmed damage difference between the 5th and 6th combo point alone.
    Last edited by mmoc20aca684c2; 2016-08-26 at 07:00 AM.

Is Deeper Stratagem really better than Vigor? The logical side of my brain fails to comprehend this. Vigor, even in PvE, would allow you to use 10% more actions. DS lets you hit 10% harder only on finishers. Since you still have to use a GCD to get the sixth combo point anyway...

Is the utility of not "wasting" a CP (due to saber slash procs, shadow techniques, etc) a bigger boon than a sizeable increase to energy regeneration?

If it sims this way than great, I'm sure I'm just failing to see something. XD

Deleted
    @Zafire - Yes, Deeper Stratagem is quite powerful, as it grants you an additional combo point, which means that you're able to deal higher damage with your finishers. In general, it's far better than Vigor. Especially since we play with Death from Above, which also has increased damage due to Deeper Stratagem. There's a slight chance that you get your sixth combo point, without having to use another GCD.

Overall, it sims higher and that's the reasoning behind it.
    Last edited by mmoc20aca684c2; 2016-08-26 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Bad wording.

Overall your explanations are on the odd side. DfA might be simwise better but you are unable to use it in every situation. Also it might make you energy cap when used eith AR. MfD seems to be overall better despite the sims. Deeper Stratagem is not useless if you don't use the 6th combo point, it also adds 10% finisher damage. But yes it is better than Vigor. There's some bad logic in this guide overall, I would not trust this 100% even with most of the information being accurate and good.

Deleted
    @Deefame - In general the damage difference between 5-6 combo points is quite big. And of course there's some if situations which is not mentioned. Yes, you don't use DfA during AR, as you lose out on approx 3-4 globals during this cast.

- - - Updated - - -

Disclaimer: I'd like to mention, that at this point of time, I'm suffering of insomnia, which means, that I'm very tired and therefore I might word something weirdly.
    Last edited by mmoc20aca684c2; 2016-08-26 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Awful spelling

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deefame View Post
    There's some bad logic in this guide overall
    care to perhaps elaborate on this statement?

As for DfA Vs MfD, u are correct...the sims on both talents are marginal on a patchwerk fight, and with capping energy a big possibility while using DfA id say that MfD will pull ahead, (just my initial thoughts though)

Deleted
    Well, the sims I use for the spreadsheet get's updated constantly, and until recently [The day that I wrote the section, 22/08-2016], Death from Above simmed the highest. But, as it looks now, Marked for Death is actually pulling slightly ahead. Updated.

And on top of that @Deefame, instead of trying to trash talk, doubting etc. Then let's work to get the guide as close to perfect, so many rogues can find good use of it? How does that sound?

Any input on proper use of Curse of the Dreadblades? Is there anything you should or shouldnt be using it with? Or is it just use on CD?

Deleted
    @Geoffar - Never use it when there's large chunks of damage incoming. For instance on High Bontanist when the orbs are exploding, as you're sacrifising health for combo points, it might end up getting you killed.
    If there's some add with high priority coming up, then you can always delay Curse for that, to deal the max amount of damage possible to the add.
    Last edited by mmoc20aca684c2; 2016-08-26 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffar View Post
    Any input on proper use of Curse of the Dreadblades? Is there anything you should or shouldnt be using it with? Or is it just use on CD?
    Use Crimson Vial 6 seconds afterwards. This way you should never drop below half of the total damage it deals, and be back up to full health at the end.

Deleted
    Could do, during the duration yes. But I'd say that this is better during farm, as I'd rather risk not getting one-shot on progression.
    Last edited by mmoc20aca684c2; 2016-08-26 at 08:03 AM.

@ Stjern - Is it a good idea to combine it with AR or should it be used by itself?

Deleted
    @Geoffar - I'm not certain at this time, however I'll find out and inform you asap .

UPDATE! - It's worth, you should use it together, if they line up. Don't delay any of them to combine them though!.
    Last edited by mmoc20aca684c2; 2016-08-26 at 08:16 AM.

Thanks for the info, i wasnt sure if it was going to be better to pool energy then use the atry ability or use it with AR, it kinda felt bad not using it with AR but i wanted to make sure.

Deleted
    If i remember also CoS with trait works for Curse so you don't get dmg and even get healed. But not 100% sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks good but not entirely convinced by those trinket numbers.