15+ Year Old Account

Blood of Sargeras - Gathering Profession necessary?

Hi, hi!

Since Gathering Professions are one source of Blood of Sargeras I was wondering if it is more or less necessary to have one of them. Since WotLK I'm running with Alchemy and Inscription - gathering herbs with my twink. But now that I realized Blood of Sargeras is BoP I was wondering if I should pick up Herbalism again. What are your thoughts? Are you going to go for new professions?
    "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

* * --(Terry Pratchett, Eric)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitanii View Post
    Hi, hi!

Since Gathering Professions are one source of Blood of Sargeras I was wondering if it is more or less necessary to have one of them. Since WotLK I'm running with Alchemy and Inscription - gathering herbs with my twink. But now that I realized Blood of Sargeras is BoP I was wondering if I should pick up Herbalism again. What are your thoughts? Are you going to go for new professions?
    BoS can come from many sources other than raw material. WQ is where you will gain most of it.

Deleted
    Hello
    1. you can still go alchemy and inscription if you want, BoS will be available through world quest and more.

2. personally, i am going for a gathering combined with my crafting to make my life easier. I just think its more "optimal?" for ME

3. you can make a decent *cough*shit ton*cough* amount of money if you are one of the first to learn and craft some of the various recipes, and the fastest way to do that is to stick with a gathering prof that fits your crafting prof. I personally believe that will net you the most money. just like in real life being the first on the market is a huge advantage. furthermore, if you are one of the first on the market,
    (if maintained and executed correctly) you can potentially dominate a market for the rest of the expansion.

4. felwort, felhide, infernal brimstone are hard to get and you will dish out a lot of money for them.
    Last edited by mmoc23c74f6107; 2016-08-26 at 08:30 AM.

Blood of Sargeras isn't the problem here. If they didn't change the dropchance you will get one from every second or third dungeon boss.
    Felwort / Fel Hide / Infernal Brimstone are a problem, while not soulbound, they are still rare since you can get them only with a gather profession world quest every few days, you will get 5-6 of these items per quest with rank 2 in gahtering them.

While you can gather normal herbs (except starlight rose)/ores/leather with a lvl 100 toon, the other will not be available for you until you unlock world quests at lvl 110 with that toon.
    Last edited by Ribesal; 2016-08-26 at 08:33 AM.

You get blood of sargeras by simply doing heroic/mythic dungeons, i have over 6k blood of sargeras by doing dungeons and i never bothered one bit with gathering for the entirety of beta.

I have Enchanting and Engineering. I'd have to stop Enchanting to get mining.
    Don't want too! Got several very old recipes that are unavailable in the current game.
    What do :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Don't want too! Got several very old recipes that are unavailable in the current game.
    Like everyone else is saying Blood of Sargeras is easy to get without gathering profs so don't get hang up on it being BoP. Use your 100 boost on a class that you will be comfortable playing as an alt (heck use it on the same class if you want, its your boost) or just get a DH. Make it your double gatherer so you won't lose your professions on your main.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Just have mining on an alt or buy the ore. There's absolutely no reason to change professions.

i used to have alch+skinning(ya know, for crit) on my legion main, swapped to herb cuz eh, and got skinning on my DH.

Not gonna matter much, and even the proff specific bonus stuff that use to be there (better gem's, engi utility etc.) is gonna be available for everyone, (epic gems will be unique, i heard) so go with whatever you want.
    Last edited by denzildk; 2016-08-26 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Totaly off topic...