Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

Already too much to do before raids in Legion

My guild raids mythic, and i am looking forward to raiding as an Unholy DK.

What i am not looking forward to is the incredible grind to 850 ilvl and forced gathering/crafting combo spending vast sums of money on crafting and re-running the same mythic dungeons while grinding AP like crazy.

It feels so unflexible and grindy. I am forced not to spend more than 12 lvls of AP on my off-tank spec, so i cant competitively tank anything later (and tanking is what gets you groups and faster pulls).

Dont get me wrong, i dont want everything served to me. But is it really that hard to ask for crafting/crafting or gathering/gathering to be viable like it have been for over 10 years?

Is it too much to ask we are not forced to re-run dungeons until our hands fall off so we can enter Mythic raiding?

I welcome a challenge in skill. I am not sure i welcome a challenge in staying awake.

Deleted
    i don't comment too often but if you're a trolling good for you. If you're actually not trolling then fuck off seriously. Seems like wod was straight up your alley.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post

Is it too much to ask we are not forced to re-run dungeons until our hands fall off so we can enter Mythic raiding?
    If you want to do Mythic raiding then you need to be prepared to put the work in. If you want to chill, have 2 gathering professions, not spend lots of money on crafting bleeding edge gear while it's still expensive and not have to spend ages farming dungeons getting geared up then maybe mythic raiding, at least early in the expansion, isn't for you?

Don't feed the troll, report the thread and move on.

Well you can always have guild members craft you gear, I mean that is one of the perks of being in a guild. Helping each other level, get gear, enchants, foods, etc. I mean if you're in a guild that is every man/woman for themselves you might be in the wrong guild, regardless of how great they are at raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have like... 3 weeks.

Back in the day raids were open on day 1! First to max level gets the kill, gogo.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    "Blizzard, we need more content! GIVE US MORE!"

"Blizzard, you're giving us too much content! STOP IT!"

Want to raid Mythic then put in the work to raid Mythic.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

All these threads whining that WoW suddenly has too much content are fucking retarded. Unsub and fuck off, thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    the grind to 850 is hardly content
    same with crafting gear with the sole purpose of destroying it
    It IS content. It gives you something to do and work towards. MMOs USED TO BE DESIGNED around grinding. It keeps you occupied.

Besides, you have 3 damn weeks. That's plenty of time, considering you can easily reach 110 within a few hours. You don't even have to level your professions.

how come you must have crafting/gather?? What did I miss?

There is no such thing as "too much to do"

Deleted
    I guess u just don't know much about Legion, so many straight up wrong assumptions in there.

My guild raids mythic, and i am looking forward to raiding as an Unholy DK.

What i am not looking forward to is the incredible grind to 850 ilvl and forced gathering/crafting combo spending vast sums of money on crafting and re-running the same mythic dungeons while grinding AP like crazy.
    Forced into gathering/crafting? If u mean for Blood of Saegaras no, u will farm it faster with Dungeons than with gathering. Running Dungeons should be the fun part, isn't it?

It feels so unflexible and grindy. I am forced not to spend more than 12 lvls of AP on my off-tank spec, so i cant competitively tank anything later (and tanking is what gets you groups and faster pulls).
    I guess u mean 13 traits (first golden) and it still doesn't put ur main-spec behind at all. See here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...edule_Tall.jpg

Dont get me wrong, i dont want everything served to me. But is it really that hard to ask for crafting/crafting or gathering/gathering to be viable like it have been for over 10 years?
    See first answer, just a false assumption.

You don't need to just run dungeons, there is other effective stuff like World Quests, Reputation Stuff, Suramar - just mix these things, u can choose what to do and get something out of it - it's the beauty of Legion.[/QUOTE]

But the mythic racers (The ones who must run and finish mythic NOW!) are a small fraction of a puny minority, taking away content from everybody so the mythic-race is a bit easier on the people in such an ungodly hurry is a phenomenally bad idea.

The vast majority of people playing WoW will never even run mythic raids (Except maybe buying a boost at the end of Legion's run), so giving that group content at the "expense" of mythic raiders having to put in a bit more work seems pretty fair to me...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    if you don't have crafting/gathering
    you will need to buy crafted items from people so you can destroy them to upgrade your gear (which will be stupidly expensive)
    or buy mats, which will be inflated during the first month
    Or you can just buy obliterum on the AH, it's not soulbound you know...

Yeah, prices will be inflated on crafted items, just as they are on materials for people leveling their crafting profs. Remember, there are probably more characters with crafting/crafting than with gathering/gathering.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Want to raid Mythic then put in the work to raid Mythic.
    this

as alternative he can always run lfr if he dont like what mythic requires

Wait people are now actually complaining about the abundance of content?

Come on, please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    Or maybe that just means itll take more than a couple of split run heroic raids to be geared enough for it? Maybe it's alright that Mythic Xavius isn't killed in the very first lock out? Maybe the race will look more like a race and less like a 'blink and you'll miss it' sprint?
    Mythic is not opened before week after HC afaik. It does not matter if you can kill the bosses with questing gear or 850's, the world firsts are gonna be fast no matter what.

850´s are simply a time/grindgate pre-raid. Is there really something wrong with wanting to do content that requires skill and coordination before having earned the right by mindlessly grinding mobs in the same instances over and over in blizzards attempt to make dungeons mandatory.

Deleted
    It's people like you that lead us to WoD, they shuold open Mythic servers not Vanilla ones, so you can play your e-peen race and leave the 90% of players alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashgordon View Post
    If you want to do Mythic raiding then you need to be prepared to put the work in. If you want to chill, have 2 gathering professions, not spend lots of money on crafting bleeding edge gear while it's still expensive and not have to spend ages farming dungeons getting geared up then maybe mythic raiding, at least early in the expansion, isn't for you?
    Wait, so crafting has a meaning again in legion?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©