Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    That's why, in my opinion, raiders should go and fuck themselves. If it were for them, the game would more barren than a desert.

Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    if you don't have crafting/gathering
    you will need to buy crafted items from people so you can destroy them to upgrade your gear (which will be stupidly expensive)
    or buy mats, which will be inflated during the first month
    Thats an actual marketplace. A gatherer can buy gear with the "inflated" costs of his mats while crafter will sell their "stupidly expensive" gear to buy mats. Being crafting/gatherer is a matter of convenience, not viability.

Deleted
    do you not know about obliterum?
    Sure - but what's the point? You can throw anything in to get it, u can even just buy stuff from the AH to either throw it in the forge or just buy Obliterum directly. There is nothing at all which forces you to pick X-profession combo. With 2x gathering you should make a nice amount of gold through materials which u can invest into the 2 options mentioned above.

good luck affording obliterum, unless you have millions you won't get even a small amount of them
    obliterum is essentially pay 2 win
    You know you would need 98 obliterum and 196 blood of sargeras to have a full 7/7 upgraded gear?
    No one will buy that much.
    And mythic dungeon drop 840, the chances to get 850 out of it aren't that low

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    My guild raids mythic, and i am looking forward to raiding as an Unholy DK.

What i am not looking forward to is the incredible grind to 850 ilvl and forced gathering/crafting combo spending vast sums of money on crafting and re-running the same mythic dungeons while grinding AP like crazy.

It feels so unflexible and grindy. I am forced not to spend more than 12 lvls of AP on my off-tank spec, so i cant competitively tank anything later (and tanking is what gets you groups and faster pulls).

Dont get me wrong, i dont want everything served to me. But is it really that hard to ask for crafting/crafting or gathering/gathering to be viable like it have been for over 10 years?

Is it too much to ask we are not forced to re-run dungeons until our hands fall off so we can enter Mythic raiding?

I welcome a challenge in skill. I am not sure i welcome a challenge in staying awake.
    i see you'r concerns and i share them, but i dont think it's anything to worry about.

if you are in a mythic raiding guild they should have crafting sorted and ready you onely have 1 of each proffesion with 3 stars across the whole team/guild to optimize cost/craft, and you dont need a gathering/crafting combo to get blood's cuz you get most of the from world quests/dungions (#nobetaclub so just what i've read)

and if you wanna get some traits in your tank spec there will come a time where the last few defensive traits in your dps spec isnt worth taking and it's not worth to grind untill you get a dps increase cuz of low AK, there you can give your tank spec a boost and then when you hit AK enough to get more dps from the dps traits swap back to that.

but generaly prepare for a grind if you want to do mythics

Deleted
    Also you are not obligated to grind dungeons for AP(and mythic is only once a week the first 3 weeks...). In the conversations with the people in my guild that play on beta said that it's a waste of time. It doesn't contribute that much as you think it might. Best case scenario you will be 1 trait ahead on your main weapon and that's it. You can do the daily dungeon and it will be more than enough AP wise. World quests will be the better choice for AP grind timewise. Also it will give you enough time to grind your mats(while doing world quests) for the crafted items. And you will have enough time for alt also. Now if you want to make and 3rd toon raidready that will be quite challenging then

Deleted
    I'm not sure why everyone is so negative here (to the OP that is), crafting is pretty unrewarding at this point. It's a huge grind to make and upgrade an item fully with barely any rewards in the end.

The artifact weapon system is also not very friendly for off specs, doesn't make finding a tank or healer easier if no one bothers to put AP in their other 2 weapons.
    Last edited by mmoce35b64f86b; 2016-08-26 at 08:55 AM.

except you need to destroy the crafted gear, the crafter gets no money back
    the gatherer might make money sure, but he will end up spending much more on the crafted gear
    its a lose/lose
    If the gatherer is buying crafted gear then the crafter is making money. If the gatherer is making money then the crafter is buying his mats. How is this lose/lose when both people are getting what they need?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by denzildk View Post
    i see you'r concerns and i share them, but i dont think it's anything to worry about.

if you are in a mythic raiding guild they should have crafting sorted and ready you onely have 1 of each proffesion with 3 stars across the whole team/guild to optimize cost/craft, and you dont need a gathering/crafting combo to get blood's cuz you get most of the from world quests/dungions (#nobetaclub so just what i've read)

and if you wanna get some traits in your tank spec there will come a time where the last few defensive traits in your dps spec isnt worth taking and it's not worth to grind untill you get a dps increase cuz of low AK, there you can give your tank spec a boost and then when you hit AK enough to get more dps from the dps traits swap back to that.

but generaly prepare for a grind if you want to do mythics
    Good point about guild crafters with different ranks to craft gear for you. I hope the bloods for dungeons are enough.
    I also appreciate not being met with open hostility.
    Last edited by mmoc8c93e36b48; 2016-08-26 at 09:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandork View Post
    Don't feed the troll, report the thread and move on.
    This is MMO-Champ, they have an endless feeding tube ready to supply them with extra trollfeedcake

Quote Originally Posted by Kitara View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone is so negative here (to the OP that is), crafting is pretty unrewarding at this point. It's a huge grind to make and upgrade an item fully with barely any rewards in the end.
    Its largely the best preraid gear you can get without being insanely lucky with titanforge procs. Considering it requires zero skill, being a large grind or expensive is about the only way to balance it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I was sympathetic even though I am many miles from agreeing, and think people are overly aggressive because we're finally leaving the apathy of WoD, but then you used the word mandatory so eh.
    And since freaking when hasn't preparing for Mythic involved repetition/grinds to be cutting edge?

See sig
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2016-08-26 at 09:01 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Sadly Legion will be destoryed by all the casual crybabies that will complain 24/7 on the wow forums about "too much stuff to do", and we will end up with another WoD with litteraly nothing besides raiding to do again. WoW official forums already has 30+ pages with people crying about too much "forced" stuff, and it will get 10x worse a few weeks into legion.

Deleted
    Sounds to me like a lot of people are investing in the wrong genre of game.

Deleted
    the crafter buys the mats then destroys the crafted gear.
    literally everyone loses
    the gathered makes some cash then has to spend that gold plus more to buy crafted gear to destroy
    And what does the crafter gain from the crafted gear when he destroys it? Obliterum, which he can sell on AH...

Deleted
    Also guys instead of being as hostile as 10 SJW's meeting twitch chat, you should read closer.

I am not saying there is too much content in legion, but merely the prep for raiding seems a bit hmm'ish. As mentioned the Obliterum is quite the grind.

This does not mean professions should be useless, there are plenty of ways to make professions viable without making them Obliterum machines. The blacksmith interact while mounted utility items are a good example.

And the gather/gather craft/craft problem can be solved by making blood BOA. I literally cannot see the problem making them BOA.

If professions and raiding really is the only things in Wow, then it is not me being narrowminded. I simply chose to participate in high-end raiding. You can go play with battle pets or farm achievements if that is your fancy.

If there is not enough content, blame blizzard. I welcome differentiated content for all kinds of people. I just dont see why raiders should be held hostage in certain pre-raid gearing bottlenecks for the start of the expansion, for the items to be forgotten/destroyed after.
    Last edited by mmoc8c93e36b48; 2016-08-26 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitara View Post
    People are negative to him because he's a raider complaining that there's stuff to do in the game besides raiding that's worth the time (So to him, is absolutely, totally, "Do it or get benched!" required), WoD is pretty much what you get if you listen to that kind of opinion, and we all know how WoD turned out, so people disagree with him (And this being the internet, they don't do so politely)

Good point about guild crafters with different ranks to craft gear for you. I hope the bloods for dungeons are enough.
    I also appreciate not being met with open hostility.
    i read the entire post instead of just the title

rank's are realy expensive to get (again, from what i've read) so onely having 1 level3 crafter is gonna be a huge boost if you share all crafting mat's across the guild.

and dont worry about the bloods, if you are realy desperate just get the enchant that makes them drop and spam some dungions with your guildies. heard they drop often from HC/M dungions.

And the gather/gather craft/craft problem can be solved by making blood BOA. I literally cannot see the problem making them BOA.
    they wont make the BoA for launch (presumably not even untill after nighthold have been released) because they want bloods to represent time played on THIS character. there's more about this in the proffesions Q&A if you want to hear it directly from the devs. (you should, they explain it better than me)
    Last edited by denzildk; 2016-08-26 at 09:15 AM. Reason: noticed more stuff

why would he sell it when he NEEDS to use it
    Because not everyone is pushing hard for day one mythic raiding (day one that it's available, obviously). Plenty of them will be much more interested in selling it early to make tons of cash from the people who ARE hardcore raiders and DO want to gear up as quickly as possible.

the crafter buys the mats then destroys the crafted gear.
    literally everyone loses
    the gathered makes some cash then has to spend that gold plus more to buy crafted gear to destroy
    Except your assumption falters when you consider that the double gatherer may not give a flying fuck about crafted gear. I know I sure as hell won't. I don't get this idea that maxed crafted gear is absolutely necessary. Unless you are in the top 1000 guilds in the world it really doesn't matter all that much (and if you're below top 3000-5000 then wasting money and mats on being cutting edge is a complete waste anyway).

- - - Updated - - -

Also guys instead of being as hostile as 10 SJW's meeting twitch chat, you should read closer.

I am not saying there is too much content in legion, but merely the prep for raiding seems a bit hmm'ish. As mentioned the Obliterum is quite the grind.

This does not mean professions should be useless, there are plenty of ways to make professions viable without making them Obliterum machines. The blacksmith interact while mounted utility items are a good example.

If professions and raiding really is the only things in Wow, then it is not me being narrowminded. I simply chose to participate in high-end raiding. You can go play with battle pets or farm achievements if that is your fancy.

If there is not enough content, blame blizzard. I welcome differentiated content for all kinds of people. I just dont see why raiders should be held hostage in certain pre-raid gearing bottlenecks for the start of the expansion, for the items to be forgotten/destroyed after.
    'Raiders' are not 'being held hostage'. No one is forcing you to do any of these things. If you are a serious Mythic raider then you should be used to this stuff, it's been done before. If you aren't on the cutting edge then you don't have to be absolutely maxed anyway so nothing to be worried about. The thing with Legion is they are giving you several options with the thought process that you don't need to choose all of them to succeed. Instead, you should be going with the options that work best for you and leaving behind the options that you don't enjoy. If you feel you have to do every single thing then that's more a problem with your perception or your guild's expectations than anything on Blizzard's part.