Thread: G2A/Kinguin

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Can you explain this a bit more in detail? I'm interested in how that works or how it relates to G2A.

If you have time of course.
    Not fully since I'm at work, but chargeback claims are a serious issue and I'd prefer in most cases to lose a sale, or even 10 sales, than to take a charegback claim. Now sales in my industry (household stuff, food, kitchen, garden, etc..) have a lot more variable price so it doesn't always apply.

I empathize with developers saying they'd prefer their game pirated, because it's a feeling I get in my day-to-day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Neat strawman.....literally nothing constructive in that at all.
    Its not a strawman its a example and G2A does hurt company's.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    If their service is reliable and their product is fine quality, there's no problem with that even if it's crack.
    You're really running some moral crusade here...
    Yeah he does make G2A seem like it's worse than mass murder and other horrific crimes with his moral crusade.

So what?

You're not the police. Get some business sense, every single business with a profit margin in existence does shady stuff. It's the name of the game, it's how you get ahead in the world. It's how capitalism works. Go be a business leader and tell your partners you should buy the 20% more expensive, more reliable distributor and they'll laugh you away (and fire you).

Also, you can easily select from how you buy your keys on G2A etc. They'll always offer the sellers with the best reputation and the most sold keys as their standard offer. And those people wouldn't get 100% good reputations if their products didn't always reliably work. G2A would stop existing if they didn't offer a reliable service.

Just don't be an idiot and buy your key from a no name anonymous vendor with no reviews and only 3 past transactions somewhere on the hidden corners of the website because it's 50% cheaper than the other already cheap keys and you'll be fine.
    Sure, you don't have to give a fuck. Also, sure I am not the police, but I would still call some out if I saw them beat the shit out of some homeless guy. Also, I would like to see your data on "every single business with a profit margin in existence does shady stuff". Because I know of several that do not. Also, several firms have gladly gone after some guy decided "Go be a business leader and tell your partners you should buy the 20% more expensive" because of moral reasons. Ever heard of Fairtrade? Businesses with focus on CSR? And they still make plenty of cash. Sure, their stuff is more expensive, but I guess I am just happy that not everyone is a moral ingrate like you, and his willing to spend a bit more cash on things produced/sold in a proper way.

Also, many companies does not deactivate the keys stolen for several reasons, including not always knowing the exact keys stolen, only the number of stolen keys, and they also know that if they deactivate them, people will get pissed at whatever company disables them, not G2A who sold them (see the Ubisoft case with these key-sellers).

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    If their service is reliable and their product is fine quality, there's no problem with that even if it's crack.
    You're really running some moral crusade here...
    Fucken LOL...

Thx for showing talking to you is pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yeah he does make G2A seem like it's worse than mass murder and other horrific crimes with his moral crusade.
    Did I ever say it was worse then mass murder? Nope then don't put words in my mouth. Its when you say shit like that people know your argument holds no weight.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Yes because Blizz employes gets paid by box salles on a 9 to 5 job, right..... stop spreading such bullshit.
    At least for Diablo and Overwatch, where else would the money come from?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    At least for Diablo and Overwatch, where else would the money come from?
    Microtransactions in Asia for D3. And microtransactions for Overwatch.

Quote Originally Posted by CosminDas View Post
    Hi! I want to buy Legion from G2A or Kinguin, but I want to ask you if they're legit? Yes, yes, I know, I could buy from Blizzard but it is cheaper on these sites.
    It's very common that the keys you buy from these sites are stolen.
    They are cheaper of course but so is that TV you buy out the back of a van in the "bad" parts of town.

I'd never enter my credit card information on one of thoes sites.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    It's still not bullshit, educate yourself and find out how scummy G2A really is.
    Services like G2A that save us, the users, lots of money, are an inevitable side effect of the scummy publishers of our games doing scummy shit to extract as much money from us as humanly possible. The theft and chargeback scaretactic horseshit that other people are talking about is such a pitifully low number of cases, and it's the users not G2A that do that, and G2A corrects it if it happens to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It's very common that the keys you buy from these sites are stolen.
    They are cheaper of course but so is that TV you buy out the back of a van in the "bad" parts of town.

I'd never enter my credit card information on one of thoes sites.
    Good thing you don't ever enter your payment information on those sites. Payment is handled through PayPal and other similar services. Also NO it's not "very common."
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2016-08-26 at 01:33 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I usually don't pre-order from key resellers since you might not get the actual key until the release date and my shitty internet needs pre-load time to buffer. If I bought Legion and could only receive and activate the key on the day of release, for example, it probably wouldn't be able to play it for at least a day and Legion isn't even that big of a download.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Microtransactions in Asia for D3. And microtransactions for Overwatch.
    OMG devs are selling cosmetic items in there games... Better steal the games from them....

G2A is a shady website, however I've never had any issues with games bought there so if you have no issues in buying potentially stolen game keys from people who could potentially be scammers then I'd say go right ahead and buy it at your own risk.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no G2A topic on MMO without Jtbrig7390 going all out in it.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    Its part of my charm, don't like my posts then block me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Fucken LOL...

Thx for showing talking to you is pointless.
    Well the fact that you compare these two means it's really all about morals with you and nothing else.
    Also you're welcome.

So what?

You're not the police. Get some business sense, every single business with a profit margin in existence does shady stuff. It's the name of the game, it's how you get ahead in the world. It's how capitalism works. Go be a business leader and tell your partners you should buy the 20% more expensive, more reliable distributor and they'll laugh you away (and fire you).

Also, you can easily select from how you buy your keys on G2A etc. They'll always offer the sellers with the best reputation and the most sold keys as their standard offer. And those people wouldn't get 100% good reputations if their products didn't always reliably work. G2A would stop existing if they didn't offer a reliable service.

Just don't be an idiot and buy your key from a no name anonymous vendor with no reviews and only 3 past transactions somewhere on the hidden corners of the website because it's 50% cheaper than the other already cheap keys and you'll be fine.
    So basically, you buy a new TV. Someone breaks into your home, steals it. Sells it to me for half price.
    Good for me. Why should I care that you got hard-earned TV stolen?
    Excellent morals kiddo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    OMG devs are selling cosmetic items in there games... Better steal the games from them....
    Yeah sure let's go with that Mr Moral Crusader. <3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    He takes it to a whole new level imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    look at it logically
    Even those completely legit sources obviously don't pay the price on the steam store. Also just to move a bit away from those ridiculous exaggerations - the just released mankind divided costs 49.99 on the steam store and 37,99 on the frontpage of g2a. If I pick the correct tax that's a whopping 5 buck discount.
    There is incredibly little concrete coverage of cases despite the increasing amounts of claims of fraud on a massive scale taking place. I am not claiming what's going on there is perfectly clean but I am quite certain people exaggerate the situation even if it is just for the metric shitton of unbundled humble keys and what not that are being sold there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Problem is that by supporting these sites you support fraud.
    I don't particularly care. I don't buy there but I understand why people do and I am quite convinced that even half isn't correct.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Services like G2A that save us, the users, lots of money, are an inevitable side effect of the scummy publishers of our games doing scummy shit to extract as much money from us as humanly possible. The theft and chargeback scaretactic horseshit that other people are talking about is such a pitifully low number of cases, and it's the users not G2A that do that, and G2A corrects it if it happens to you.

Good thing you don't ever enter your payment information on those sites. Payment is handled through PayPal and other similar services. Also NO it's not "very common."
    Okay, crazy fucking idea here. If you can't afford the game... don't buy it. Amazing, I know. You are not entitled to get the games, you just want them. I am amazed that his logic applies to games and music and such, you are not required to have it.
    Last edited by Zogarth; 2016-08-26 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Okay, crazy fucking idea here. If you can't afford the game... don't buy it. Amazing, I know. You are not entitled to get the games, you just want them. I am amazing that his logic applies to games and music and such, you are not required to have it.
    Or crazy idea here. I'll buy it from G2A or Kinguin for cheaper? Seems cool to me.