Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Legendaries nerf'd UH and Frost

Just checked on beta...

UH- Shoulders 30% was 50
    Ring 10% to get a rune back from pet auto attack. was 15
    Bracers. still says 1-5 wounds can be bursted but now there is a buff icon up top by mini map so not sure if the proc rate was reduced..

Frost
    Bracers was 20% Frost damage while Pillars was up, now its 15% (FUCK YOU)
    Ring and belt remain unchanged. Probably cause no one used them. At all. Maybe one guy had the belt on in beta since 8-24.

little annoyed. Those bracers for frost were great. If you checked any thread here its filled with how shitty people say frost DK is. Except me. I like it and play frost. I guess 15% extra Frost damage is still good for 20 seconds... but still. is 99.8% of the people say frost is utter shite, why make me 5% worse??

/spit on Devs foot
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

I think it was a sweeping nerf across all the legendaries for every class. I don't think Unholy and Frost were targeted specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I think it was a sweeping nerf across all the legendaries for every class. I don't think Unholy and Frost were targeted specifically.
    Incorrect, there are buffs including to marksmanship & fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Indeed it was across the board. My point is why lower something that everyone and their mother says is low already. Talking about frost spec. All the discord guys won't touch it. Spike to Jace in game and he said just don't...
    Filthy Casual

Surprised the DA shoulders got a nerf before the Bracers did...

10+ Year Old Account
    i wouldnt call this a nerf. this is tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    This made me think of that meme where they throw the guy out of the window for saying something obvious.

Tuning implies adjustments to something performing too poorly or too hard. Frost was burning and now they poured gasoline on top.

Razorice fix was pretty important though?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am surprised the bracers weren't tuned down a bit lower, considering how many big abilities (GA, SF, FScythe) they just fixed for not benefitting from Razorice debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    This made me think of that meme where they throw the guy out of the window for saying something obvious.
    "Not QQing over nerfs?!? GET THE FUCK OUT."
    Last edited by Freedom; 2016-08-26 at 12:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

The best nerf they can do with legendary items is to nerf them right out of the game. When did we start playing World of Diablo Drops?

I mean yeah if the legendaries were removed outright I'd be okay with that too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just kinda bummed as a frost dk... don't feel this was needed for tuning or any other reason given.. I'm already on the low end and mocked by the rest of the UH guys. Now I'll be doing 5% less damage... sure it's not a guarantee I'll even get the bracers by the time raid opens but they do help a shot ton as I got beta in early August and competing with guys in mythic 8+ gear.

I still have not seen a single Sims you all talk about anywhere so only going my real time beta play. Now I have a weekend to learn UH better before launch I guess.. sigh. Dime a dozen spec.
    Filthy Casual

That shoulders nerf is a huge bummer. I was looking forward to being able to line it up with apocalypse+army+gargoyle, but that reduction makes that idea a hell of a lot less compelling. Seems like you'd always go for any of the other ones now, right? I knew that was already the case, but this really hammers it in.

I'm a bit scared of a meta where the bracers are the best legendary and Castigator is the best talent on its tier. That'd mean that we have an incentive to have 5+ wounds on a target at any given time, but also that we could apply 6 with one hit. The possibility of excess wounds or wasted wound bursts would be way too significant for my liking.

Kinda makes me think that Castigator should increase max possible wounds by 2 or something. Keep effects that manipulate wounds capped at 8 (for example, bursting 10 wounds with Apocalypse would still summon 8 ghouls) to make sure that it's nothing other than a bit of a buffer to prevent pure RNG from wasting procs of Castigator when stuff like the bracers are involved.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2016-08-26 at 01:34 PM.

Deleted
    I just wish they would change the UH bracers to pop 1-2 wounds or so, instead of making it procc less often. It's too much RNG burst potential that makes it no fun when it doesn't procc.

Deleted
    Aggramar's Stride is looking more and more worth it compared to the rest of the legendaries, at least as the second slot legendary once we max out the order hall projects, especially considering our mediocre movement speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Aggramar's Stride is looking more and more worth it compared to the rest of the legendaries, at least as the second slot legendary once we max out the order hall projects, especially considering our mediocre movement speed.
    thats probably what lead to the DA removal for unholy. da + those boots would be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    If an UH DK is stacking a lot of haste (which we should be, to my understanding) then using Aggramar's Stride will probably make a lot of sense. Heck, it even has a bit of synergy with Soul Reaper.

It'll probably still be inferior to other legendaries in a general DPS sense, but the gap definitely just became narrower than it was. I think the big problem is that classes like Rogues and Demon Hunters will still be more mobile whilst simultaneously using straight-up damage legendaries, which would probably make us fall behind as a class in those situations. That makes it a bit hard to justify on my end.

- - - Updated - - -

thats probably what lead to the DA removal for unholy. da + those boots would be too much.
    Wearing the boots means you're wearing a utility legendary, rather than a damage-augmenting one. That's a sacrifice in of itself, so I don't think they would've used that as their reason to move DA.

Really??

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    why make me 5% worse??

/spit on Devs foot

Little bit harsh if you ask me man... You're complaining about 5%... 5%. I have no idea why you find it necessary to complain about such an insignificant change when the game has seen much worse in the past. "5% nerf, fuck you dev's you suck" - good outlook bud! How about "thanks for making this game that I care enough about to shit post on forums"?

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Just kinda bummed as a frost dk... don't feel this was needed for tuning or any other reason given.. I'm already on the low end and mocked by the rest of the UH guys. Now I'll be doing 5% less damage... sure it's not a guarantee I'll even get the bracers by the time raid opens but they do help a shot ton as I got beta in early August and competing with guys in mythic 8+ gear.

I still have not seen a single Sims you all talk about anywhere so only going my real time beta play. Now I have a weekend to learn UH better before launch I guess.. sigh. Dime a dozen spec.
    Maybe there is hope in the fact that maybe they know something we don't. I mean, they wouldn't lower numbers just to make a class worse, right?....Right guys?....=(