Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Does Trump hire staff specifically to draw the heat off of him? The best, he only hires the best.
    That lines up pretty well with what I was going to link; http://time.com/4415120/donald-trump...-clinton-shot/

Must be pretty devoted to fall on their swords for him considering this campaign is going to end a lot of people's careers/reputation if a Skroe-type purge happens.

Deleted
    "Yes, I wish the US was isolated from the rest of the world. I wish we would stop all immigration and not allow another soul into this country. I wish we could round up every illegal alien, and their anchor babies, and throw them out of the country. Of course, the chance of this happening is slim to none, but one can hope. "

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    So if your brown, even if you are a citizen, then you are not a REAL American.
    The sad thing about you, Alex, is that you are very racially bigoted. Why do you assume that all "anchor babies" are brown? I know why - because that is YOUR racially bigoted bias clearly showing through.

Many Asians drop anchor babies in the USA - they aren't "brown" (for your bigoted purposes where you feel the need to label people by a color, they are considered "yellow.") Also, many illegal immigrants in this country are of European descent (Russian, Romanian, Czech, etc. - for your bigoted purposes where you feel the need to label people by a color, they are considered "white.") Unlike you, I do not care about the color of someone's skin, I care that they are illegally living in the USA. I want them ALL rounded up and kicked out of the USA, back to the country of their origin, whatever country that may be.

REAL Americans will vote for Trump and sweep him to a landslide victory in November. Trump 2016! Making America Great Again!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Hillary was not in that email about how to defame Sanders, that was Schultz to members of the DNC and they were spitballing ideals, bad ideals but nothing illegal. They also never acted on the spitballing, rather they just talked about doing it, which isn't illegal. Schultz ended up eating that one. You are attributing it to hillary because it sounds good and fits your political narrative you made up in your head. If every boss who ever hired someone who did something bad was punished for it there wouldn't be any bosses.

If you think the RNC wasn't sending similar emails to Rubio and Cruz to start saying buzzwords about Trump like, "Con-man" or "Entertainer" then you are being willfully blind. They just didn't get caught.

Also people in power like the president are able to make military actions against other countries without needing congressional approval, going to actual war requires more resources and needs congressional approval. If it was illegal to do that she would be in prison right now, because republicans would stop at nothing to put her head on a platter.
    Never claimed it was illegal. I read the facts of the case and make my own judgement on the situation. To me, when lives are on the line (our soldiers and civis) you make damn sure. You go to Congress, you have discussions about it. That one action affected millions of people's lives. The whole country is destabilized.

My point about shultz is not that Hillary was on the e-mail (I never said that), I just said that Hillary was quick to hire someone for her campaign that just was forced to resign because of the things she suggested in her e-mails. I don't know, not someone I want working on my campaign......

I am unaware of any e-mails from the RNC planning to attack Trump on his religion or refering to latino recruitment as "taco bowls." Calling someone a "con man" or an "entertainer" is a lot different than attacking someone's faith.

It's a good thing we have lots of time to develop a policy before the election. Whats that? Only 73 days left? Phone Obama and ask to borrow his time machine.
    I would like someone to ask Trump why he was inferring that immigrants could pay back taxes if his intentions were to deport them regardless. I know everyone would just love to report in and pay back taxes just so they could be kicked out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    That lines up pretty well with what I was going to link; http://time.com/4415120/donald-trump...-clinton-shot/

Must be pretty devoted to fall on their swords for him considering this campaign is going to end a lot of people's careers/reputation if a Skroe-type purge happens.
    Well at this point the only folks who will work for him are essentially dead enders or grifters. His hire of Christie's old staff member is the latest example. This weeks campaign manager has never been on a winning election team and never run a campaign before. And the reality she is just a spokesperson. She's targeting the grifter option from what I can see. The racist and bigoted "CEO" has never been on a campaign period. They are simply preparing for the jobs they want after the election.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Never claimed it was illegal. I read the facts of the case and make my own judgement on the situation. To me, when lives are on the line (our soldiers and civis) you make damn sure. You go to Congress, you have discussions about it. That one action affected millions of people's lives. The whole country is destabilized.

My point about shultz is not that Hillary was on the e-mail (I never said that), I just said that Hillary was quick to hire someone for her campaign that just was forced to resign because of the things she suggested in her e-mails. I don't know, not someone I want working on my campaign......

I am unaware of any e-mails from the RNC planning to attack Trump on his religion or refering to latino recruitment as "taco bowls." Calling someone a "con man" or an "entertainer" is a lot different than attacking someone's faith.
    Most of the emails did not involve wasserman Schultz directly but rather underlings. In fact the email about sanders is between two others at the DNC and they say "The chair says to step away from that line of thought" (not exact wording) and wasserman was the chair. Wasserman had an obvious bias against Sanders, he wanted her head for a while and the emails were the needle that broke the camels back, especially since they needed to sate Sanders's voters.

I suggest doing your own information search and don't just use anti-democrat sites, use both and understand that who ever presents the information wants you to see only what they present.

The whole DNC email thing was blown out of proportion by people who specifically wanted to enrage the Sanders voters who were already angry at exactly the right time.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-08-27 at 02:04 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can't run from the truth.

Republicans can’t pretend not to know what fuels the Trump campaign

IN A major speech Thursday, Hillary Clinton linked Donald Trump to bigoted elements on the fringe of American politics. But she got it wrong when she said, “Trump is reinforcing harmful stereotypes and offering a dog whistle to his most hateful supporters.”

It’s not a “dog whistle” if everyone can hear the bigotry.

Republicans supporting Mr. Trump, explicitly or tacitly, cannot reasonably claim that they do not know who he is and what he has been doing.

Before running for president, Mr. Trump was the king of the “birthers” who questioned President Obama’s place of birth. He started his campaign by calling Mexican migrants rapists, then spoke approvingly of the inhumane 1950s deportation program known as “Operation Wetback” and delivered a convention speech that described a country overrun by violent foreigners. As Ms. Clinton recounted, House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) called Mr. Trump’s attack on a federal judge because of his Mexican heritage “the textbook definition of a racist comment.” Add in the Republican nominee’s proposed Muslim travel ban, his false aspersions on the U.S. Muslim community, his long history of belittling women, his dissemination of an anti-Semitic graphic, and a clear picture was visible long before Ms. Clinton approached the lectern.

In more recent days, Mr. Trump has attempted to salvage his image with appeals nominally aimed at African Americans. Instead, he only dug himself deeper, depicting African Americans as desperate people living in abject squalor with nothing to lose. He hired a new campaign chief executive, Stephen Bannon, a man who has called the Civil War the “war of Southern Independence” and who ran a website that warned the Obama administration is “importing more hating Muslims.”

Unsurprisingly, polling shows that a majority of Americans believe Mr. Trump is biased against women and minorities. Whether Mr. Trump is a genuine bigot or just cynically appealing to bigoted sentiment is not a question we can answer. Certainly not everyone who supports Mr. Trump is a bigot. But Mr. Trump has attracted the support of assorted American bigots, once thought ejected from mainstream U.S. politics. The candidate has courted this support with plainly visible winks and nods, retweeting their messages and hesitating to disavow them when asked. At any point — such as last August, when the New Yorker’s Evan Osnos pointed out that white nationalists were rallying to Mr. Trump’s cause — Mr. Trump could have offered the loud, full and unequivocal condemnation of the bigoted fringe that the situation required.

Ms. Clinton ended her Thursday speech by praising Bob Dole, George W. Bush and John McCain, all of whom, in critical moments, stood up to bigoted elements on the right. Unfortunately, Republican leaders are not showing as much mettle this year. Even two of the men Ms. Clinton praised, Mr. Dole and Mr. McCain, have endorsed Mr. Trump. They should reconsider the cost to their reputations and the nation’s well-being. Any rational accounting would show that it is far too high.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.c4bf32876f29

I will note that if the doctor gave Trump the bill of health in 5 minutes while Trump was waiting in his limo then the Doctor did not give him a physical and that is not good, you are at least supposed to see the patient, take some basic tests and then ask if there have been any issues, then do a brief examination of basics before writing that bill of health. They also make you do basic stuff like touch your toes.

So he either wrote the note without seeing him or Trump wrote the note and he just has to suck it up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    "Yes, I wish the US was isolated from the rest of the world. I wish we would stop all immigration and not allow another soul into this country. I wish we could round up every illegal alien, and their anchor babies, and throw them out of the country. Of course, the chance of this happening is slim to none, but one can hope. "

The sad thing about you, Alex, is that you are very racially bigoted. Why do you assume that all "anchor babies" are brown? I know why - because that is YOUR racially bigoted bias clearly showing through.

Many Asians drop anchor babies in the USA - they aren't "brown" (for your bigoted purposes where you feel the need to label people by a color, they are considered "yellow.") Also, many illegal immigrants in this country are of European descent (Russian, Romanian, Czech, etc. - for your bigoted purposes where you feel the need to label people by a color, they are considered "white.") Unlike you, I do not care about the color of someone's skin, I care that they are illegally living in the USA. I want them ALL rounded up and kicked out of the USA, back to the country of their origin, whatever country that may be.

REAL Americans will vote for Trump and sweep him to a landslide victory in November. Trump 2016! Making America Great Again!
    Ransath, why do you hate America so much? Why do you hate Americans? Why do you hate the constitution, and our immigrant forefathers who did not go through immigrant forefathers who did not go through immigration?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Pence Recaptured After Fleeing Trump Campaign Bus

His own VP is trying to escape!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    He probably found a note in his lunch, packed by Christie, stained with tears.

"Just RUN. Save yourself."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    HAHAHA I always love the Borowitz report, it makes me laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    And finally, the African-American thing. Pandering aside (hah), Trump intentionally used Clinton's higher tax rates to call out African-American businesses. The US Census estimates that in 2014, the average/median African-American income was about $35 to $36 thousand dollars, over $20 thousand lower than whites (more, if you look at "white, non-Hispanic". Which they did.) It seems highly unlikely that a proportionate number of African-American businesses are amongst the 34,000 in that top taxed tier, given this income gap.

Incidentally, the speech was at a NH high school, before a crowd of fifteen hundred (no fire marshall). I was able to find a video of an actual shot of the crowd...and I didn't see a lot of African-Americans in there. Though, to be fair, it was New Hampshire, a state filled with as many African-Americans as Trump's tax returns are filled with charitable donations.
    So, one then? "Donald Trump appears to have donated $100,000 to the Clinton Foundation"
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Proving that there is no floor for Trump's ugliness may I present, Trump the ghoul.

Donald Trump just made his worst tweet yet

Friday night, Nykea Aldridge, a 32 year-old woman living in Chicago was shot and killed while pushing a stroller in an apparent accident. The shooters were aiming for another man and she was caught in the crossfire.

It’s an extraordinarily sad story but not necessarily one that would attract attention outside the Chicagoland area except for the fact that the victim is the first cousin of NBA star Dwyane Wade who tweeted about it.

Wade, however, wasn’t the only prominent Twitter user to take note of the tragedy.

Donald Trump also thought that the death of an innocent woman was noteworthy, though in his case the idea was to make an ax-grinding partisan point:

It’s extraordinarily unlikely that any actual African-American voters will react to violent crime in Chicago by voting for Trump (he also misspelled Wade’s first name).

But as Dara Lind wrote last week, Trump’s nominal African-American outreach is really aimed at white voters. Donald Trump’s racism hasn’t just turned off nonwhite voters. It’s turned off many white moderates and Republicans who would probably vote for any other Republican presidential nominee over Hillary Clinton, but are worried that Trump is simply too offensive, too bullying, and too bitter to lead the free world.

Unlike nonwhite voters, though, wavering Republicans are still looking for a reason to vote Trump. And Trump’s show of racial unity is what they need to feel that, once again, Republicans have the high ground when it comes to race and identity.

This particular tweet, however, though arguably aimed at softening Trump’s image on race isn’t going to too much of anything to debunk the notion that he simply lacks a certain level of human empathy that we expect from a president. An innocent woman is dead. Children have lost their mother. A family is grieving. And Trump is making a boast about his electoral performance. From any other candidate it would be considered shocking, but as E.J. Dionne has written “staying shocked” is a challenge as we watch the Trump campaign unfold.

http://www.vox.com/2016/8/27/1267028...source=twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Republicans... all y'all need Ron Paul

7+ Year Old Account
    Only the best and brightest eh Donnie. Good thing your rants on voter fraud ended last week.

New Trump campaign chief faces scrutiny over voter registration, anti-Semitism

Allegations of domestic violence and anti-Semitism from a former wife of Donald Trump’s new campaign chief executive brought fresh scrutiny on Friday to how well Trump vets his most senior employees and advisers — another distraction from the themes the GOP nominee wants to emphasize less than 11 weeks from the election.

Records show that Stephen K. Bannon changed his voter registration address in Florida this week as reporters were preparing a story about how he was registered at an address where he did not live. A spokeswoman provided a statement from someone who said Bannon had lived there but did not respond to a question about why he changed his registration to the new address. She also denied Bannon made any anti-Semitic remarks.

Bannon also is under a spotlight after revelations that he was charged with misdemeanor domestic violence 20 years ago against his then-wife. The case was dismissed.

The new details about Bannon’s personal life could complicate Trump’s recent attempts to improve his standing among moderate voters, minorities and women.

“It just undermines any effort they are pursuing to try and soften him up when he surrounds himself with people like that,” said Katie Packer, a Republican strategist who vigorously opposes Trump.

Packer, who served as deputy campaign manager to Republican nominee Mitt Romney in 2012, said Bannon would have never passed the vetting process Romney’s team used when they made hiring decisions.

On Thursday, Bannon’s registration information was changed from an address in Miami-Dade County to Sarasota County, according to Carolina Lopez, the deputy supervisor of elections in Miami-Dade. On Friday morning, the Guardian newspaper reported that Bannon had been registered to vote at an address in Miami-Dade where he did not reside, putting him at odds with state election laws.

The address where Bannon is now registered in Sarasota County is also associated with venture capitalist Andrew Badolato, who, according to his website, has worked as an associate producer on films produced and directed by Bannon.

Badolato also has written for Breitbart News, the right-leaning website Bannon heads. Bannon is on leave from Breitbart as he works for Trump. Badolato gave Trump a $142 donation in April, campaign finance records show.

Badolato did not respond to a request for comment Friday.

Bannon spokeswoman Alexandra Preate referred to a statement issued by A.J. Delgado, a conservative commentator supporting Trump.

“I have known Steve for several years and he was most definitely, without a doubt, living in the house in question,” Delgado said. “I personally visited Steve there on various occasions throughout a long period of time starting in 2013. All his belongings, including boxes of documents even, were there and his vehicles.”

But the Miami-Dade property owner, Luis Guevara, told the Guardian that “nobody lives there.” The report said Bannon formerly rented the house for use by Diane Clohesy, one of his ex-wives. Clohesy could not be reached for comment Friday.

Trump has been an outspoken critic of voter fraud, which studies have shown is very rare. He recently encouraged supporters in Pennsylvania to watch for signs of irregularities on Election Day.

Bannon, who recently joined Trump’s team in a leadership shake-up, was charged in 1996 with three counts stemming from a dispute with his then-wife, Mary Louise Piccard. The case, first reported by the New York Post, was dismissed in court, records show.

The disclosures come as Trump has fallen well behind Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton in polls. He is trying to make up ground among women and minorities, who strongly favor Clinton.

In the domestic violence case, Bannon was charged with trying to prevent or dissuade the victim or a witness of a crime from reporting it; inflicting injury on a cohabitant or other closely associated person; and battery, according to court records in Southern California, where Bannon lived at the time.
    Bannon was never convicted. The case was dismissed that August, the records show.

According to a police report that was posted online by Politico, Bannon’s then-wife said an argument escalated into a physical confrontation in which Bannon grabbed her wrist and at her neck. As she tried to call 911, he grabbed the telephone and threw it, she alleged. She also said there were past instances of disputes that became physical.

Piccard, who had twins with Bannon, filed for divorce in January 1997, court records show. Piccard could not be reached for comment Friday.

The New York Daily News reported Friday that Piccard said in a 2007 court statement that Bannon didn’t want their twin daughters attending a school because too many Jews attended. “The biggest problem he had with Archer [School for Girls in Los Angeles] is the number of Jews that attend,” Piccard said in her statement, the newspaper reported. Preate, however, said Bannon has denied saying that and proudly sent the girls to Archer school.

“He said that he doesn’t like the way they raise their kids to be ‘whiny brats’ and that he didn’t want the girls going to school with Jews,” Piccard wrote, according to the Daily News.

Preate said of the 1996 incident and subsequent case: “Mr. Bannon found out via U.S. mail. The attorney handled it. He was never involved and it was dropped. He has a great relationship with his ex-wife and his twins.”

Kellyanne Conway, Trump’s campaign manager, said in an interview with ABC News on Friday that she did not know whether Trump was aware of the case.

“I don’t know what he was aware of with respect to a 20-year-old claim where the charges were dropped,” Conway said. “So that’s all I know about is what I read.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...mepage%2Fstory

Proving that there is no floor for Trump's ugliness may I present, Trump the ghoul.
    Nothing like using the death of someone's family member to reassure his white supporters that black people will vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Republicans... all y'all need Ron Paul

...isn't this the reason they're behind Donald Dump? Because if "evil liberals" with their "cooperation", and "political correctness" and "helping others" is translated into "corruption, corporate shilling and whatever other Bullshit lie Dump invents"?

Trump, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory;
    At Harvard University, the oldest College Republicans club in the nation did not endorse the party’s nominee for president for the first time in 128 years, and at Yale University, more than half of Yale College Republicans’ executive board left the club and created Yale New Republicans after their former organization endorsed Trump earlier this month.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...#ixzz4IXsmLLTT
    First time in 128 years!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Nothing like using the death of someone's family member to reassure his white supporters that black people will vote for him.
    The fucking ghoul didn't even offer condolences.