Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    When everyone did what he wanteted to do in the past Germany ended up as the Holy Roman Empire doomed to be merely a toy for the neighbouring powers.

I fear the same would happen to the european countries if the Eu disintegrates.

The best thing the Eu did was cutting down borders caus this was the whole reason everybody got nuts around the first world war cause every retarded nation wanted to make a bigger version of itself like greater Germany,Hungary,Romania etc etc etc. I am german myself and I think it was totally retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Aestholus View Post
    When everyone did what he wanteted to do in the past Germany ended up as the Holy Roman Empire doomed to be merely a toy for the neighbouring powers.

I fear the same would happen to the european countries if the Eu disintegrates.

The best thing the Eu did was cutting down borders caus this was the whole reason everybody got nuts around the first world war cause every retarded nation wanted to make a bigger version of itself like greater Germany,Hungary,Romania etc etc etc. I am german myself and I think it was totally retarded.
    That's the problem. It wasn't retarded. It made a whole lot of sense. At the time and within the given political and economic context. Territorial growth was extremely important.

But this need for territorial expansion is what was removed by the existence of the EU, where countries can now freely and fairly draw on each others strengths and resources without the need to march an army in.

I think the colonial era seriously warped the British understanding of this reality. Historically Britain would always draw on the resources of its vast Empire, and while it warred with European powers and it traded with them, it rarely depended on them.

But the Empire is gone, Mercantilism is gone (Britain can't go around with its Navy and impose unilaterally advantageous trade deals) and it is now inexorably become an integral part Europe, and not this often rival power just off its coast. It hasn't yet registered with a whole lot of people (especially older folks and folks who haven't found their place in this new reality yet), but it is something that Britain cannot undo, no matter how hard some people might want to try.

I seriously, seriously doubt article 50 will ever be invoked. I just don't see any serious effort from the British government to do so. Understandably so, because this is such a fucking complicated issue that they don't even know on which end to grab the stick. They literally need to either somehow divorce themselves from reality, or sell to the British public a deal that absolutely no one in the UK will like, not the leave side and not remain side.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    wow 63 post before someone called a right leaning political group Nazis, that has to be a record, and a moderator no less.
    Dunno what else to say when one of the absolute top politicians in the party gets drunk and sings Nazi songs in public without consequences.

Schengen was designed for Europeans to travel freely among their own nations. Add trash into the mix and Schengen is a recipe for EU dissolution, it's going to be wonderful watching the EU suicide bomb itself.
    Working on my next ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long the nordic countries continues to be a joke, there is nothing for Russia to invade.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    She's from Dansk Folkeparti. That party is borderline nazis.
    The average party in Denmark is (well except our favourite communistic party, Enhedslisten that noone takes seriously anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Themessiah View Post
    So one, define currency value as distinct from exchange rate, and two, address the issue he raised (or explain why you don't have to/concede the point).
    Look up the definition anywhere in any encyclopaedia at all.

The exchange rate has no meaning for the worth of a currency only for the value of the individual coins and notes, otherwise just writing a number half as big on every one would double the value--and that is nonsense as the last century has showed us quite clearly.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a distinction one can draw between the UK government and the people. The government knew and worked towards an ever federalising Europe. The people did not. Generally the British people were against a federal Europe, or even closer integration. This was one the primary concerns brought up throughout the referendum debate.

It might be more useful to actually try farily addressing the issues brought up.
    Which one? That the people of the UK have no control over their elected representatives?

- - - Updated - - -

Lots of people may be in favour of the EU overall. This does not mean they are in favour, in particular, of ever-closer-union. Almost no mainstream politician argued that ever-closer-union, or federalisation, was a good or positive thing. In fact, it was thought sufficiently bad for David Cameron to work on getting an 'opt-out' from ever-closer-union.
    That is not really the problem of other nations though, is it?
    If the british people are incapable of making their supposedly democratically elected representatives represent them properly then that is their failing not that of the other nations.

Quote Originally Posted by jaycor11 View Post
    My bets always been on the Danes to be the next to secure their independence. I hope your government offer your people a referendum soon, else you'll have to wait until the EU inevitably collapses.
    Well not going to happen, the majority of danes arent in for leaving, and our PM isnt dumb enough to pull a silly stunt like yours did, we're much more interested in fixing the issues with the EU and ofcourse stay, there's zero talk or interest in copying the circus the brits had.

And Krarup is one of the most xenophobic members of DF, if the EU would begin to execute refugees at EU's borders, she'd be wearing EU t-shirts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    As long the nordic countries continues to be a joke, there is nothing for Russia to invade.

The average party in Denmark is (well except our favourite communistic party, Enhedslisten that noone takes seriously anyway).
    I would love to see you elaborate on that, exactly what parties are you thinking of here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    I would love to see you elaborate on that, exactly what parties are you thinking of here?
    "Socialdemokraterne" want to lure refugees back to Syria with money + expand existing policies on- and limit migrants/refugees. SF being a bendover party of Socialdemokraterne, i wonder why they exist at all. Venstre for stealing jeweleries to pay for refugees etc (i think by now the world heard of Inger Støjbjerg already and her crazy ideas..). LA telling migrants "get a job or gtfo" (with limited solutions on how thats going to work at all). The upcoming far right parties "Dansk Samling", "Ny borgerlige" "Danskernes Parti" which needs no introduction.

But nah, lets just keep calling DF nazis or whatever whenever they opens their mouth, even with the same policies as the other parties, they are still "nazis", "xenophobic", hey lets throw in "Russophobes" while were at it. DF is the front scapegoat anyway. Lefties in a nutshell.

Danish politics remain a farce, but who cares. Were insignificant for the outside world anyway.
    Last edited by zmp; 2016-08-27 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    "Socialdemokraterne" want to lure refugees back to Syria with money + expand existing policies on- and limit migrants/refugees.
    And that's beeing borderline Nazi's?

SF being a bendover party of Socialdemokraterne, i wonder why they exist at all
    What kind of an argument is that? "I wonder why they exist, so they're borderline nazi's"

Venstre for stealing jeweleries to pay for refugees etc (i think by now the world heard of Inger Støjbjerg already and her crazy ideas..).
    Were the Nazi's taking jewelery from refugees trying to enter Germany?

LA telling migrants "get a job or gtfo" (with limited solutions on how thats going to work at all).
    Their attitude is the same towards unemployed danes

The upcoming far right parties "Dansk Samling", "Ny borgerlige" "Danskernes Parti" which needs no introduction.
    So 1 party

But nah, lets just keep calling DF nazis or whatever whenever they opens their mouth, even with the same policies as the other parties, they are still "nazis", "xenophobic", hey lets throw in "Russophobes" while were at it. DF is the front scapegoat anyway. Lefties in a nutshell.

Danish politics remain a farce, but who cares. Were insignificant for the outside world anyway.
    But DF arent russophobes, and most countries are insignificant for the majority of the world, danish politics arent irrelevant for danes, just because they dont give a fuck about it in venezuela.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's beeing borderline Nazi's?
    Apparently, since DF was being called nazis for bringing up the same suggestion, by MSM.

Were the Nazi's taking jewelery from refugees trying to enter "Germany"?
    This one is funny.
    Yep Exactly. Replace the word "refugees" with jews, perhaps you see the resemblance. And they are taken from them in Denmark, to help pay for their cost.

Their attitude is the same towards unemployed danes
    Unfortunately you cant kick out native danes. At least then Denmark maybe would be able to uphold the so called sacred social politics, which is diminishing as days go by. The former government made the elders at nursing homes eat food that had expired months ago (DF won sympathy for talking their case, i guess thats "nazism" to do such horrible thing. /facepalm).

So 1 party
    http://dksamling.dk/
    http://nyeborgerlige.dk/
    http://danskernes-parti.dk/

I counted 3.

danish politics arent irrelevant for danes
    Your right. Danish policies are just a joke, but even more when there is "serious debates" on television or on facebook, despite all parties being purple rather than red or blue, left or right. All the same. Its just popcorn worthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm from Denmark and I'm pretty sure noone gives a shit what's going on here. We have to look out for ourselves, because noone else is going to care. You shouldn't always do and say whatever everyone else tells you to.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Well I'm from Denmark and I'm pretty sure noone gives a shit what's going on here. We have to look out for ourselves, because noone else is going to care. You shouldn't always do and say whatever everyone else tells you to.
    Are you guys afraid that Russia is out to get you? I am honestly curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If Denmark became part of Russia, Denmark wouldn't be able to leave. Denmark can leave the EU.
    Not actually true, see East Europe and lots of former Soviet Republics (including Baltics) leaving.

Finland was also part of Russian Empire, they are independent now just fine.

Soviet Union also always had exit clause, just like EU; and just like EU, noone actually used it until USSR was on it's final throes.

Oh, I see what you’re talking about. Sure. It’s a shame you couldn’t clearly express it. I’m not an economist, but I’m sure there’s a term to aptly describe it. Perhaps you could provide this?
    I did in my first reply to FurryFoxWolf.

- - - Updated - - -

There have been 2-3 major parties (at any one time) in the UK since it became something resembling a democracy. The leaders/MP’s of these parties, along with the civil service and the media have been predominantly pro-EU for decades. Realistically, there was no alternative. When enough was enough, and pressure built, a referendum was called. You know the result.
    I'm aware, it proves my point that they have had no control over their politicans (also called "having no alternative").
    Their only recourse was to break random stuff, because they had no democratic control over their elected politicans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Are you guys afraid that Russia is out to get you? I am honestly curious.
    I've always felt the Russian threat is greatly exaggerated. I've never met anyone who cared even the slightest bit. But my mom says that when she was a kid, it was something people were really concerned about.

The fallout from Brexit may represent a problem for other EU nations. And arguably the direction of travel of the EU is the fault of the EU working towards further integration, regardless of whether or not it is right or wrong.

You may wish to note that I never actually claimed anything was the problem of other nations, and neither did I discuss whether or not the British people were able to leverage their representatives. Why bring it up?
    And a major part of that fault can be laid at the feet of the British people who failed to control their representatives, who allengedly failed to make them represent their wishes. (Or maybe the people just changed their mind?)
    That is why I bring it up, their representatives made it happen, then for all outside parties it is their responsibility--the responsibility of those being represented that is.
    If there was some problem with the representation then they should duke it out among themselves and they cannot claim uninvolved third parties were at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    I've always felt the Russian threat is greatly exaggerated. I've never met anyone who cared even the slightest bit. But my mom says that when she was a kid, it was something people were really concerned about.
    I think your mom means the Soviet Union. Indeed it had some very dark moments and i can understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Not actually true, see East Europe and lots of former Soviet Republics (including Baltics) leaving.

Finland was also part of Russian Empire, they are independent now just fine.

Soviet Union also always had exit clause, just like EU; and just like EU, noone actually used it until USSR was on it's final throes.
    This made me choke on my food. "Exit clause" in USSR, ha-ha...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    This made me choke on my food. "Exit clause" in USSR, ha-ha...
    Same as in EU. It seriously existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I wonder how he's not banned yet, for spamming the forum full of his nationalistic bigoted rants. It's not like either are allowed.
    Suppression of opposing opinions is sure way to victory. Just make certain to stay on top to not get the short end of the stick.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988