The odd thing about assassination is that blizz stripped all our utility for the sake of borderline dps. but as the hotfixes came the dmg became worse and worse. i rly hope they fix our scaling, they made the first step in the right direktion in the latest hotfix but i dont think thats quiet enough yet. also what rly turns me off about agonizing poison is that you basicly have almost no poison dmg left when you use it other then envenom and artefact traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Oh look...I got an infraction for calling assassination what it is supposed to be called..how cute.

Anyways, is anyone actually going to main mut with outlaw being so strong atm?
    Yeah, getting infracted about such a minor detail is almost as immature and inappropriate as mentioning it.
    Anyways, as long as Sab is stronger then Mut or Shad, i would still play what i want, as i'm neither a world first raider nor a wannabe.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Yeah, getting infracted about such a minor detail is almost as immature and inappropriate as mentioning it.
    Anyways, as long as Sab is stronger then Mut or Shad, i would still play what i want, as i'm neither a world first raider nor a wannabe.
    This is the point.
    I think that the majority here are normal raider so everyone choose the spec only for a pure fun not for dps-only.

I meant wannabe mythic raider. The guys demanding 730 ilvl for HFC HC pugs.
    Me, i'm just a wannabe sarcastic.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    If there is an issue with moderation, come to a global. Don't derail the thread with it.

Deleted
    I find it really frustrating that baseline Assa is so simple; and the only choice you have for adding any complexity is to spec Hemo+Exsang. Where are the alternative talents for a Poison heavy spec, why did they focus on Bleeds?

Agonizing could be a good choice if it was non-lethal (it doesn't itself deal damage after all).

Removing Crimson Tempest bakes my noodle too. It would have brilliant synergy with the new Venomous Wounds.

Talent design for Rogues in general is lacking tbh.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBeastie View Post
    I find it really frustrating that baseline Assa is so simple; and the only choice you have for adding any complexity is to spec Hemo+Exsang. Where are the alternative talents for a Poison heavy spec, why did they focus on Bleeds?

Agonizing could be a good choice if it was non-lethal (it doesn't itself deal damage after all).

Removing Crimson Tempest bakes my noodle too. It would have brilliant synergy with the new Venomous Wounds.

Talent design for Rogues in general is lacking tbh.
    I don't really understand why they haven't dropped the damage of Rupture down, buffed Mutilate and Eviscerate, and done something interesting with Agonizing Poison. Assassination was never really a fast spec, but it had a great Rhythm to it with keeping Envenom up and weaving Dispatch in for something extra to press. For that matter I'd love if they just made Hemorrhage baseline and added Dispatch in its place, that way we could choose between more active damage vs. passive from Master Poisoner. Making these changes wouldn't really hurt Rupture in any way in the sense that we wouldn't still prioritize it - it's our energy source so we need 100% uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellof View Post
    I don't really understand why they haven't dropped the damage of Rupture down, buffed Mutilate and Eviscerate, and done something interesting with Agonizing Poison. Assassination was never really a fast spec, but it had a great Rhythm to it with keeping Envenom up and weaving Dispatch in for something extra to press. For that matter I'd love if they just made Hemorrhage baseline and added Dispatch in its place, that way we could choose between more active damage vs. passive from Master Poisoner. Making these changes wouldn't really hurt Rupture in any way in the sense that we wouldn't still prioritize it - it's our energy source so we need 100% uptime.
    .... because that's pretty much what we've just come from in WoD and it was horrible and boring and they kept the damage low because it was so simple.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ominousguild View Post
    .... because that's pretty much what we've just come from in WoD and it was horrible and boring and they kept the damage low because it was so simple.
    How is Rupture being up to 50% of Assassination damage, as it has been for most of beta, more fun?

Deleted
    How is Rupture being up to 50% of Assassination damage, as it has been for most of beta, more fun?
    Tbh it's more fun then the full poison build because u need to do stuff to push rupture to 50% (nightstalker vanish rupture refresh & exsang).

More buttons to press, more things to watch. Poison spec assassination you dont really do much.. pool some energy, press envenom every so often.. put up rupture..

at least with hemo + exsang you would time your ruptures and apply it based on CD timer on exsang and all this other junk. Keep up hemo, etc. A lot more to watch than mut mut pool envenom mut mut pool

Deleted
    I will repeat myself oncr again: They should have made poisons more interactive than just a passive. Argonizing is one of the most stupid, boring and lazy talents.

I don't get why some classes are crippled with boring and lackluster talent trees, like rogue in general or ret-pally.

Sad to see.
    Last edited by mmoc9038fdc8bf; 2016-08-26 at 03:22 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, I would've wished for more focus on poisons as well. Right now they just feel like they are there but aren't really doing anything exciting.

New Hotfix:
    Mastery: Potent Poisons now provides a damage bonus of 4% per point (was 3.5%) and a bonus to Agonizing Poison of 2.0% per point (was 1.75%).

Quote Originally Posted by kumarshah View Post
    New Hotfix:
    Mastery: Potent Poisons now provides a damage bonus of 4% per point (was 3.5%) and a bonus to Agonizing Poison of 2.0% per point (was 1.75%).
    Don't forget they buffed Elaborate Planning back to 15% from 12%, too.

And none of it matters, because as long as they won't redesign agonizing poison we still won't have a poison spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    And none of it matters, because as long as they won't redesign agonizing poison we still won't have a poison spec.
    My exact thoughts. When you can have only one lethal poison having both deadly and agonizing makes zero sense.

That's all fine and dandy, but frankly, I'd rather the specs be closer together in damage before worry about having a bleed or poison spec. What good is a "poison spec" if it shits the bed compared to the other ones? Let specs be closer and then they can rearrange the damage. I'm all for #makingpoisonsgreatagain, but realistically, I'd rather have Outlaw, Sub and Assassination do comparable damage in all or most scenarios before I worry about "omg all my damage is bleeds! GG poisons"

Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    That's all fine and dandy, but frankly, I'd rather the specs be closer together in damage before worry about having a bleed or poison spec. What good is a "poison spec" if it shits the bed compared to the other ones? Let specs be closer and then they can rearrange the damage. I'm all for #makingpoisonsgreatagain, but realistically, I'd rather have Outlaw, Sub and Assassination do comparable damage in all or most scenarios before I worry about "omg all my damage is bleeds! GG poisons"
    Agreed, all the discussion of damage sources is ridiculous when it's just looking like we're not going to get to play Sin anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    I think it's a similar discussion. If the spec was more around poisons it would help Sin scale better with mastery being a better stat for it. Agonizing being replaced by a talent that helps with mastery or poisons will help Sin produce better damage. While Agonizing stays it will just always be an issue because the spec will need to be designed around Sin using either Deadly or Agonizing Poison.