Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

So here come the pvp nerfs.

Tell me this isnt the fastest that you have ever seen a nerf hit. pvp mastery is down and primary stats lowered by a flat rate because they are doing too much damage. they are also squishy as hell. dks are still the OP self heal masters and yet nothing is done. there is finally a class that has a chance to burst them down one to one and they get nerfed. that seems very very unfair.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

The nerfs are huge. What bothers me the most is the movement speed loss from the gigantic mastery nerf.

"Most mobile class" nerfs their mobility lol

Deserved nerfs. Pathetic crybabies, you obviously haven't been watching the beta gladiator rank players if you think demonhunter, fire mage, and subtlety/outlaw rogue damage are fine.

Demonhunters were doubling the total damage of most other melee, the burst was ridiculous. If you want to ask for something, ask for them to un-nerf demonic appetite and other forms of sustain.
    Last edited by Orloth; 2016-08-28 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Deserved nerfs. Pathetic crybabies, you obviously haven't been watching the beta gladiator rank players if you think demonhunter, fire mage, and subtlety/outlaw rogue damage are fine.

Demonhunters were doubling the total damage of most other melee, the burst was ridiculous. If you want to ask for something, ask for them to un-nerf demonic appetite and other forms of sustain.
    Oh, you mean the DH glaring issues they've been having in PvP for the WHOLE beta? Like their mobility being zero if the enemy opponent was somehow smart?

It seemed right for the class to have high damage being able to be kited by any class with a slow lol.

Now I want a break/snare slow. Blizzard nerfing always goes overboard.

Deleted
    thats why u dont pvp in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    Oh, you mean the DH glaring issues they've been having in PvP for the WHOLE beta? Like their mobility being zero if the enemy opponent was somehow smart?

It seemed right for the class to have high damage being able to be kited by any class with a slow lol.

Now I want a break/snare slow. Blizzard nerfing always goes overboard.
    Oh, please. That's what you have an arena partner for, a minimum of 20% run speed passively from mastery even after nerf, a 10 sec recharge on felrush, and master of the glaive for.

It's not people's problem if your arena partners suck and can't apply a snare to your train target or your healer cleanses your snare.

Get an arms warrior+rshaman, quit crying.

I wont bother talking to you. Class balance doesnt depend on specs in arenas, but how it performs individually.

As it stands, DH should be the class with the highest mobility of the game (or that's what Blizzard said). That's simply not true, we're among the easiest to kite ones.

But ye, I know my partner can dispell and apply slows for me.

That doesn't fix Dh being able to be kited by anyone, lol.

I wont bother talking to you. Class balance doesnt depend on specs in arenas, but how it performs individually.

As it stands, DH should be the class with the highest mobility of the game (or that's what Blizzard said). That's simply not true, we're among the easiest to kite ones.

You're fucking clueless. Individual performance is not how pvp is balanced. You're not supposed to be able to solo targets by yourself. You're still one of the top melee DPS classes, go take those crocodile tears somewhere else.

Demonhunter is fine. You want to see a shit melee class in pvp, go look at enhancement shaman or frost DK.

The funny thing is that the burst doesn't come from mastery (+chaos damage) but from blade dance which is physical damage (first blood talent) so by lowering mastery and increasing crit chance what they've done is actually making the burst stronger and punishing people who were using felblade even more...

Keep it civil peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguiris View Post
    The funny thing is that the burst doesn't come from mastery (+chaos damage) but from blade dance which is physical damage (first blood talent) so by lowering mastery and increasing crit chance what they've done is actually making the burst stronger and punishing people who were using felblade even more...
    I suppose that's what the offset in agility reduction is for. The crit helps to sustain more damage by chaos strike refunds, but with 10% less agility you'll be doing less upfront.

Deleted

That's not true, PvP is balanced towards having different arena comps on par with each other and largely ignores how well can a class perform alone.

Im not PvPer so I have no idea if the nerfs are justified or not but I have to respond to the bolded part. Thats just not true at all. Blizzard states many times that PvP is not balanced around 1v1. Its just not possible. So this "how performs individualy" is just nonsense. In competive PvP you have to rely on your team partners regaldless of your spec. In solo queues do what you want but do not expect to take down everything in 1v1.

Deleted

Are you for real, like, you're complaining about "Nerfs" that literally wont matter in just over 72 hours, Demon hunters are only "squishy" as the lot of you say because our defensives are in the rest of our talents, which by the way if you haven't heard, we wont have until 110, and without Netherwalk or Soul Rending being nerfed, We will be really tanky class able to mitigate a large amount of most classes burst. Now on to the stupid comment of "we're among the easiest to kite", we are literally able to get to almost any class in the game, Including ferals, extremely quickly, not to mention our ability to get away from every class in the game due to our passive movespeed, which even after the nerf is around 20%. I suggest you actually learn how the class works and how to play it instead of whining about "nerfs" that will have almost 0 effect at endgame in legion.

Edit: Not to mention the fact that blur is one of the strongest defensives in the game currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguiris View Post
    I had the exactly same thought! Our burst comes from Death Sweep (most part of it) but we use it along Chaos Blades and there we got a nerf. Our increased damage with the talent is based around the mastery and this is going to hurt us a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    That's not true, PvP is balanced towards having different arena comps on par with each other and largely ignores how well can a class perform alone.
    Might be true, but when some class is lacking in some part, it's usually because is strong in the other. That no longer applies after the nerfs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Im not PvPer so I have no idea if the nerfs are justified or not but I have to respond to the bolded part. Thats just not true at all. Blizzard states many times that PvP is not balanced around 1v1. Its just not possible. So this "how performs individualy" is just nonsense. In competive PvP you have to rely on your team partners regaldless of your spec. In solo queues do what you want but do not expect to take down everything in 1v1.
    I answer you the same I told the guy above me.

If some class is lacking, that has nothing to do with PvP compositions. Why are monks allowed more movement skills, snare/slow breaks AND a slow while also having high damage? Why are we being sold as "the most mobile" when that just isn't true?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pastasaucelmao View Post
    Are you for real, like, you're complaining about "Nerfs" that literally wont matter in just over 72 hours, Demon hunters are only "squishy" as the lot of you say because our defensives are in the rest of our talents, which by the way if you haven't heard, we wont have until 110, and without Netherwalk or Soul Rending being nerfed, We will be really tanky class able to mitigate a large amount of most classes burst. Now on to the stupid comment of "we're among the easiest to kite", we are literally able to get to almost any class in the game, Including ferals, extremely quickly, not to mention our ability to get away from every class in the game due to our passive movespeed, which even after the nerf is around 20%. I suggest you actually learn how the class works and how to play it instead of whining about "nerfs" that will have almost 0 effect at endgame in legion.

Edit: Not to mention the fact that blur is one of the strongest defensives in the game currently.
    Demon Hunters are squishy outside Meta. In meta, with Soul Rending and no CC and with something to hit, yes, we're virtually immortal. Sad fact, nobody is going to stay around fighting 1 vs 1 with you in Meta. Is like hitting a Monk that just used Touch of Karma. And that leads to point 2:

I don't know which class you played, but the one I do has 2 charges of Fel Rush on 10 seconds cooldown, with an artifact talent, Blur refreshes both charges. Outside of that, our only "reliable" slow (jk, is not) is Master of the Glaive. A 6 seconds 50% slow in a talent (10 seconds CD, 2 charges), that makes us choose between a bad slow and a free and lower CD AoE stun. Please, don't say VR slows. Its a 3 second slow on a 25 seconds CD.

Outside of those Fel Rushes and VR we've NOTHING to keep on track with enemies. Even if our mastery gives us passive movement speed, didn't you know the MS caps? Didn't you know that % slows are stronger the higher the enemy movement speed? Didn't you know Demon Hunters have nothing to remove such movement slows? Didn't you know Demon Hunters are a melee class and outside of those Fel Rushes they've no ways to get to the enemy and deal damage?

And again, I'm not asking for both a slow and a snare break, but we're supposed to be mobile, that's what our class fantasy is. We're not supposed to be sitting ducks and if Blizzard inteds for Demon Hunters to only deal damage in the form of Fel Rushes that's just wrong.

We shouldn't depend in dispellers to make our damage work. And even if you say the game isn't balanced towards 1 vs 1. A melee class that has no sticking potential with enemies that have any sort of movement buff/debuff without help is missing something.
    Last edited by Shirofune; 2016-08-27 at 06:56 PM.

well damn blizz, good thing I'm planning on leveling a back up class in the form of a mage or hunter. the gap between a windwalker and DH was already pretty small, now I'm sure WW eclipses us and then some..

Might be true, but when some class is lacking in some part, it's usually because is strong in the other. That no longer applies after the nerfs.

- - - Updated - - -

I answer you the same I told the guy above me.

If some class is lacking, that has nothing to do with PvP compositions. Why are monks allowed more movement skills, snare/slow breaks AND a slow while also having high damage? Why are we being sold as "the most mobile" when that just isn't true?

- - - Updated - - -

Demon Hunters are squishy outside Meta. In meta, with Soul Rending and no CC and with something to hit, yes, we're virtually immortal. Sad fact, nobody is going to stay around fighting 1 vs 1 with you in Meta. Is like hitting a Monk that just used Touch of Karma. And that leads to point 2:

I don't know which class you played, but the one I do has 2 charges of Fel Rush on 10 seconds cooldown, with an artifact talent, Blur refreshes both charges. Outside of that, our only "reliable" slow (jk, is not) is Master of the Glaive. A 6 seconds 50% slow in a talent (10 seconds CD, 2 charges), that makes us choose between a bad slow and a free and lower CD AoE stun. Please, don't say VR slows. Its a 3 second slow on a 25 seconds CD.

Outside of those Fel Rushes and VR we've NOTHING to keep on track with enemies. Even if our mastery gives us passive movement speed, didn't you know the MS caps? Didn't you know that % slows are stronger the higher the enemy movement speed? Didn't you know Demon Hunters have nothing to remove such movement slows? Didn't you know Demon Hunters are a melee class and outside of those Fel Rushes they've no ways to get to the enemy and deal damage?

And again, I'm not asking for both a slow and a snare break, but we're supposed to be mobile, that's what our class fantasy is. We're not supposed to be sitting ducks and if Blizzard inteds for Demon Hunters to only deal damage in the form of Fel Rushes that's just wrong.

We shouldn't depend in dispellers to make our damage work. And even if you say the game isn't balanced towards 1 vs 1. A melee class that has no sticking potential with enemies that have any sort of movement buff/debuff without help is missing something.
    Monks have a slow because you're clearly ignorant of their inferior tools. Roll is 10 seconds longer recharge per charge, does not move you to the target destination as rapidly, and flying serpent kick is a whopping 25 sec cd.

Monk's Windwalking is a mere 10% movement speed while demonhunter baseline is a 20%+ movement speed that also scales up with mastery.

Monk's roll does not do upwards of 18% of their total damage, in fact it does no damage whatsoever. They grabbed Chi Torpedo from monks, and gave it to demonhunters with a 10 sec lesser recharge.

Monk's defensive cd, touch of karma, is a 1.5 min cd that can be dispelled by ice block, cloak of shadows, etc. Blur cannot be dispelled, and is a 1 minute cooldown.

Monk's damage is all built into fists of fury, a 20 sec cd. Their fillers do jackshit for damage. Demonhunter's bulk of the damage is on chaos strike, an ability that is not channeled and doesn't require a setup stun to land.

Monk's DPS cooldown, SEF, is made of retarded AI clones that can be rooted/snared and made useless. Or they can talent into serenity for an inferior version of SEF and lose access to whirling dragon punch, a burst skill.

So, yeah, way to talk cluelessly about monks being advantaged when monks are just a crappier demonhunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Monks have a slow because you're clearly ignorant of their inferior tools. Roll is 10 seconds longer recharge per charge, does not move you to the target destination as rapidly, and flying serpent kick is a whopping 25 sec cd.

Monk's Windwalking is a mere 10% movement speed while demonhunter baseline is a 20%+ movement speed that also scales up with mastery.

Monk's roll does not do upwards of 18% of their total damage, in fact it does no damage whatsoever. They grabbed Chi Torpedo from monks, and gave it to demonhunters with a 10 sec lesser recharge.

Monk's defensive cd, touch of karma, is a 1.5 min cd that can be dispelled by ice block, cloak of shadows, etc. Blur cannot be dispelled, and is a 1 minute cooldown.

Monk's damage is all built into fists of fury, a 20 sec cd. Their fillers do jackshit for damage. Demonhunter's bulk of the damage is on chaos strike, an ability that is not channeled and doesn't require a setup stun to land.

Monk's DPS cooldown, SEF, is made of retarded AI clones that can be rooted/snared and made useless. Or they can talent into serenity for an inferior version of SEF and lose access to whirling dragon punch, a burst skill.

So, yeah, way to talk cluelessly about monks being advantaged when monks are just a crappier demonhunter.
    Lol you just have no idea what you're talking about. Quite amusing